Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Julie, that's absolutely absurd. And I'm with Deb. Young'uns think we're all old and we think they're all children.

So I went in today and had what is, I hope, my last fill. I got .8 cc's - the most I've ever had at once. But since I've only lost 4 lbs in the past 4 months, I'm ready to be a bit more aggressive.

I plan to have my surgery in about 9 or 10 weeks. I would like to lose 15 lbs by then. I figure I'll probably lose 5ish lbs of skin. I'll be fairly close to my goal by then!! Woohoo!

It is my bandiversary tomorrow and I've lost a total of 54 lbs. Not where I wanted to be after one year, but I'm okay with that. I caught sight of myself in a mirror today and was actually quite pleased with what I saw. Yay me!!

HAPPY BANDIVERSARY TO ME!

K, it's my bandiversary so I figured I'd post some progress pics. the "befores" are right before surgery, the "afters" are tonight - down 54 lbs.

[ATTACH]17158[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17159[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17160[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17161[/ATTACH]

congrats...u r looking great!

dee, put me down for -.4....

i am getting so discouraged. weight is going nowhere slowly. like mini i have been stuck for months. i am tempted to give up denver fills and find someone here so that i can be filled more frequently..maybe to the size of a toothpick.:tongue_smilie:

Hi Dee,

Please put me down for -0 again this week. I am definitely on a plateau. Time for low carbs, I guess.

Will there be a Red Robin meeting this month?

Mary

congrats...u r looking great!

dee, put me down for -.4....

i am getting so discouraged. weight is going nowhere slowly. like mini i have been stuck for months. i am tempted to give up denver fills and find someone here so that i can be filled more frequently..maybe to the size of a toothpick.:tongue_smilie:

Thanks, sweet Deb. Sorry you're getting discouraged. Local fills may not be a bad idea. I have been low carbing the last two weeks and that seems to be jump starting me again. Don't give up! We can do it!!

Ditto here gals! I have hidden my scale (again). trying to low carb it, awaiting my fill at the end of July. Whew, it has been a bumpy ride, battling the same few pounds FOREVER!

Hang in there gals, we can do it!

Off to the gym and then the spa for a steam and facial...ahhh!

Cheers!

So I have discovered something new to help us in our low carbing. I was looking for some recipes and came across a reference to tofu Shirataki noodles. They're made from tofu and some sort of yam root and have 3 g carbs, 2 g Fiber and only 40 calories per serving. I kid you not. I made some today and sprinkled gorgonzola cheese over them. They're kind of a weird texture (slippery and chewy) but I didn't mind them. I am going to try them in a vietnamese beef noodle Soup recipe. At least it got me through a major Pasta craving.

Okay, a further update on the shiratake noodles:

The ones I had for lunch today were fettucini shaped. Tonight I used spaghetti shaped noodles in my faux Pho. It was fantastic!! Loved it! Didn't taste totally like noodles, but a pretty decent facsimile.

So the noodles are packed in Water and have a funky smell when you open it. You rinse them in a colander really well to get rid of the smell. Then you either cook them in the microwave for one minute, or parboil them for a few minutes. I put them in beef stock, and added a little bit of leftover beef and some asian hot sauce. It was great! Really filling. And, since I only ate half the package, the noodles were a whopping 20 calories. Woohoo!!!

Sorry for the late post, but I was +2 last week :blush:

Thank you all so much for the positive reinforcement regarding being called Kayleighs grandma. I guess what hit me so hard was that I know I don't look that old, and I was wondering if I was fooling myself. Even my husband said "you don't look that old" and he is not much for compliments (after 50+ pounds I asked him if I looked any different, and he said: "Well, if you go to the gym and work out..." ) Grrrrrr :)

Tomorrow is the big day... my baby is going to kindergarten. I will be crying tomorrow morning :thumbup:. At least I have plans to fill my day.... exercise, exercise, exercise. Water aerobics anyone???

I'm going to Water aerobics at 24hour fitness at Arapahoe and Parker tomorrow at 9:30. You can join me if you'd like. You can get a one month trial membership for free. I've been doing the water aerobics classes for two weeks and have lost five pounds. Call me if you want to meet there.

Our Freedom From Fat Challenge - F3!!!

Bella - 6lbs-0.0-0.0+1.0-2:lol:

Deb - 10lbs+0.8-8.6+1.9-1.7-0.4:lol:

Dee - 15lbs-1.0-3.0-6.6-0.0-1.0:lol:

Jmegirl - 10lbs

Julie - 8lbs-0.9-2.4-0.3-1.7:tongue_smilie:

KayleighsMom - 10lbs-0.8+1.8+0.6-3.0+2.0:lol:

Lapdancer - 15lbs+5.0-5.0-2.5-2.0:lol:

Laptastic - 20lbs-2.0+2.0-1.0-0.0-3.0:lol:

Lotza - 9lbs-2.0-0.0-1.5-0.0-0.0:lol:

Mem620 - 8lbs-1.5-1.0-0.0-0.0:lol:

Snow - 5lbs-2.0wink.gif

Okay Banditos! Would anyone like to do another challenge? I was thinking maybe one for Labor Day. Eight weeks if we start it next Monday. We can weigh in each monday. Let me know if you're interested!

Sorry it took me so long to get this last post done! I just got back from NY. We had a great trip until the last day! I'll post about it!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Okay, a further update on the shiratake noodles:

The ones I had for lunch today were fettucini shaped. Tonight I used spaghetti shaped noodles in my faux Pho. It was fantastic!! Loved it! Didn't taste totally like noodles, but a pretty decent facsimile.

So the noodles are packed in Water and have a funky smell when you open it. You rinse them in a colander really well to get rid of the smell. Then you either cook them in the microwave for one minute, or parboil them for a few minutes. I put them in beef stock, and added a little bit of leftover beef and some asian hot sauce. It was great! Really filling. And, since I only ate half the package, the noodles were a whopping 20 calories. Woohoo!!!

Those sound so good! Where did you get them? Congrats on your Bandiversary! You look so great! So YOUNG! I can't believe it's been an entire year already! I remember when I first met you - the day before your surgery!

Okay Peeps!

This post was difficult for me to share, but I wanted to let you all know this information!

As some of you know, I was one of the only ones who stuck up for Southwest Airline's decision to ask obese people to purchase two tickets IF they took up two seats. I felt it was a matter of purchasing the space you were using and a matter of not causing another discomfort by crowding them on flights that were overbooked!

Well, as some may remember last time I flew to NY, I proactively purchased two seats. I didn't want to be asked after the fact - so I just did it. I didn't mind. After being seated on the flight last time (in April) the flight attendent came up to me and told me, "you didn't need to purchase two seats, you're not encrouching on another's seat." Southwest Airlines refunded the price of the second seat because the flight was not overbooked. I was good with that. So this time, I did NOT purchase a second seat. I flew from Denver to Albany - the flight was packed, not an empty seat. I sat next to a stranger and we both were quite comfortable. No problem. I enjoyed the few days with my daughter there in NY and was in the airport in Albany awaiting our flight to leave when a ticket clerk (obese himself) came up to me in a rather loud voice and said, "has anyone asked you to purchase a second seat because of your large size?" I said, "I did last time I flew in April and was told I didn't need to!" He insisted that I return to the ticket counter and purchase a second seat. My daughter was furious! She said, "she'll be sitting with me and she doesn't take up any other seat but her own!" They called a supervisor over to talk to me and I did purchase a second seat. I remembered a woman being arrested at an airport back east for being angry and yelling at a ticket agent. I didn't want things to be worse! The supervisor then followed me onto the flight to check with her own eyes if I fit in one seat or not! I sat down and the seat belt fit, the arm rest lowered easily and I fit. HOWEVER, about 1/2 of an inch of my thigh was on the other seat. She said, "see, you do not fit!" Since losing over 150lbs, my thighs have so much excess skin that I do have problems with that. I conceded that she was right and my daughter (who takes up 3/4 of her seat) said, "look there is plenty of room." The supervisor left and then returned with the paperwork for me to get a refund for the extra seat. The flight left and I cried.

Still - after all the weight I've lost, I am still being tortured for my size! I told her, I was one who supported the purchase of an extra seat, but after being told in April, I didn't need it, I am angry that now I am being told I do!

On another topic, I have contacted a plastic surgeon in Mexico to do my pannus removal and my arms. I sent him pictures and he gave me an est. of $8,250.00 for everything! Hotel for 12 days for 2 people, anesthesia, procedure, all meds, hospital stay, compression garments, clinic visits post op and pre op and $600.00 toward airline tickets for 2 people. I'm going to do a lot of thinking about this. I am having trouble now with rashes and other things related to my excess skin. My back aches after my long shifts at the hospital because my pannus is so long. The one problem with going to Mexico is that I have no one to go with me. I'll be going alone. I have a friend who went to this surgeon and she went alone. She did okay.

I am so depressed! I hate this body! And I hate Southwest Airlines and that stupid a-hole in Albany that ruined my flight!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Low carbing it always gets me back on track. I do hate it, however. I miss my fruit!

I am so depressed! I hate this body! And I hate Southwest Airlines and that stupid a-hole in Albany that ruined my flight!

I'm so sorry you had to go through that experience. If I'm ever in Albany, I'll hunt down the rude fat guy and kick his ass for you.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that experience. If I'm ever in Albany, I'll hunt down the rude fat guy and kick his ass for you.

The part that further angered me was when we changed flights in Baltimore, the flight attendent again asked me why I was pre-boarding and why I had purchsed two seats! AND then my daughter and I noticed atleast 6 other passengers in nearby seats who were much larger than me! BUT there I was with my two stupid seats!

I appreciate that!!! I'd love to watch!