Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

June 9th meeters at RR (that's the right date? )

Please read

I am doing a documentary film on my Lap Band experience. I will be filming at our meeting as part of the support and friendship aspect of having the surgery.

I will have my camera with me when I come to our gathering but I would also like the chance to interview, as in five minutes or less, a few to describe your personal experience prior to the band, any event that stands out and then where you are with your band journey.

I'm doing this for a professional project. I will be translating the film into American Sign for other professionals like myself, or the deaf, to utilize as a source of information.

If you are interested in participating, please pm me or contact me via email at handjive1228@yahoo.com thanks.

Patty

I think it's June 10th. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm actually working the 9th of June and can't make it - but I think it's the 10th.

so just a question, I went to my "yearly" visit to my gyno's office, and I weighed in at 241. I talked with he nurse and they said the scale is calibrated so it is accurate. My scale said 247 this morning, and dr k.s scale usually puts me a little over what my scale says. Which one should I go by? Of course I WANT to go by my dr's scale cuz it says less. Or should I invest in a new scale?

so just a question, I went to my "yearly" visit to my gyno's office, and I weighed in at 241. I talked with he nurse and they said the scale is calibrated so it is accurate. My scale said 247 this morning, and dr k.s scale usually puts me a little over what my scale says. Which one should I go by? Of course I WANT to go by my dr's scale cuz it says less. Or should I invest in a new scale?

I say invest in a new scale to monitor yourself at home.

Thanks Dee.

Interesting!

I have found that the scale at the gym - which is large and digital. Big ole fancy scale - weighs me 2 lbs less than the one at home and Dr. K's weighs me 3 lbs less than my one at home too. I usually weigh before leaving for Dr. K's office, fully dressed as I will weigh in his office and I always weigh 3 lbs less when I get there.

I'd buy a new scale just to have some accuracy. I'm okay if mine weighs me slightly more. I'd rather think I weigh more than I do,then less. I am just assuming that I weigh 2-3 lbs less than what my scale says.

I don't think it matters. As long as you use one scale to monitor you will know if you lose or not. That is what matters.

I don't think it matters. As long as you use one scale to monitor you will know if you lose or not. That is what matters.

True! Very True!!!

Please put me down for +2 this week. Darn, that's what happens when you go on vacation.

I'd like to come to RR in June, but would rather not be filmed. Is that okay?

:mad2:MEMORIAL DAY CHALLENGE (In memory of the way we used to eat!)

First weigh-in: April 6 Last weigh-in: May 25 (seven weeks)

******************************Week 1**Week 2**Week 3**Week 4**Week 5**Week 6

JMEGIRL....................(Goal 14lbs) +0.6 rolleyes.gif +0.8 rolleyes.gif -4.8 :smile2: -0 rolleyes.gif ? rolleyes.gif

LOTZASUNSHINE........(Goal 8.5lbs) -.5:smile2: -3.5:smile2: -2.5 :smile2: -2.5 :smile2: -1.5 :smile2: -0 rolleyes.gif

KAYLEIGHSMOMMY.....(Goal 15lbs) ? rolleyes.gif +8 rolleyes.gif -7 :smile2: -2 :smile2: -3.8 :smile2: +1.2 rolleyes.gif

JULIE.ANN....................(Goal 13.5) -2:smile2: -1.8:smile2: -2.2 :smile2: -1.1 :smile2: -2 :smile2: -2.9 :tt2:

MISSCHERYL..............(Goal 15lbs) -1.5:smile2: -1.5:smile2: -1.5:thumbup:

PRTYANTOVRYT.........(Goal 25lbs) -2:smile2: -0 rolleyes.gif -5.6:smile2: -3.6 :smile2: -3 :smile2: -2 :blink:

BELLAPERDENTE.........(Goal 14lbs) -3:smile2: -.5:smile2: +1rolleyes.gif -1 :smile2: -1 :smile2: -1.5 :wink:

LAPTASTIC................(Goal 15lbs) -1:smile2: +1 rolleyes.gif -4 :smile2: -3 :smile2: -2 :smile2: -2 :eek:

DEBOREGON...............(Goal 10lbs) -1:smile2: -2.5:smile2: -2.6 :smile2: +2 rolleyes.gif -0 rolleyes.gif -1:thumbup:

MEM620....................(Goal 14lbs) -2:smile2: -1:smile2: -.5 :smile2: -.5 :smile2: -2 :smile2: -0 rolleyes.gif

MINIDRIVER...............(Goal 10lbs) -1.2:smile2: -2.4:smile2: ? :smile2: +.6 rolleyes.gif

SNOWGATOR..............(Goal 8lbs) -1:smile2: -2:smile2: -2 :smile2: -0 rolleyes.gif-3 :smile2: +2 :smile:

Well as you all know, I am afraid of fills now. I think that I need a slight fill but I still pb and things get stuck. I honestly believe that it is my fault because of chewing and bites, etc. but I can eat alot in one sitting if it goes down and I am getting hungry soon after. I came across this on another thread. Does this make sense to you?

I was having this problem and you would think you need an unfill, but the opposite is true. With the band a little tighter, the hole for food to get stuck will be smaller and food will have an easier time sitting above the band in your pouch, rather than slipping into the hole and getting stuck. Does that make sense?

I had a fill and now I'm doing great!

I think it's June 10th. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm actually working the 9th of June and can't make it - but I think it's the 10th.

I have it on my calendar for June 10 as well. I don't mind the camera being there - but am curious as to where this film will be shown?

Mary

Ok, This is my first post, I already had my phone consult with Dr. K. Everything went well. I am scheduled for July 8th. He said to start my pre-op diet two weeks before the sx but I started already. I dont want any excuses why I cant have my surgery. I am so scared, I have never been operated before! Im am so counting the days, is there anyone else having it done on July the 8th as well?:thumbup:

Im am so counting the days, is there anyone else having it done on July the 8th as well?:thumbup:

No on that day, but that would have been my 31st wedding anniversary with my ex. :lol:

I'm going on 6/17.

Congratulations and welcome, you two.

Please put me down for +2 this week. Darn, that's what happens when you go on vacation.

I'd like to come to RR in June, but would rather not be filmed. Is that okay?

Hi Snowgator: You absolutely do not have to be filmed. I was going to pan the table and show the group support of the Red Robin meetings. I will work around anyone who does not want to be on film..and BTW, that is not the intent in June at Red Robin...Anyone else, you do not have to be filmed and I will not have the camera going the entire time. I'll put it up and start chatting...after all some of you I will be meeting for the first time! I'm so excited for that.:thumbup:

Anyone else flying in from out of state?

Michelle, hope life is blissfully blissful. To the original Red Robin Gang...try to make it in June. I would love to see you all.

Well as you all know, I am afraid of fills now. I think that I need a slight fill but I still pb and things get stuck. I honestly believe that it is my fault because of chewing and bites, etc. but I can eat alot in one sitting if it goes down and I am getting hungry soon after. I came across this on another thread. Does this make sense to you?

I was having this problem and you would think you need an unfill, but the opposite is true. With the band a little tighter, the hole for food to get stuck will be smaller and food will have an easier time sitting above the band in your pouch, rather than slipping into the hole and getting stuck. Does that make sense?

I had a fill and now I'm doing great!

Makes total sense. That assures me even more than I am in need of a fill.