Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

It was so good to meet everyone last night. It really is something to talk to other like-minded people who are at various stages in this journey.

Thanks for the photo Dee!

Mary

Hey You're Welcome!

I love our gatherings at Red Robin. We've always taken pictures. It's a way to see how much we change from month to month. Some of my before pics were taken there with our group. It gives us a great point of reference.

Thanks for coming! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!

Hello Dr K people!

Im happy to say that I'm scheduled for June 10 to be banded by Dr k! Yay! My telephone consult was the clincher for me. He really knows his stuff and was very friendly.

So Im seeking your advice on where to stay for my visit. The list that his office sent me is mostly immediate area budget minded places and Im really looking to stay somewhere nice with some sort of "heavenly super sleeper" type bed. I'll be staying from tuesday through sunday so I also hope to get around the area and have a little post op fun. Were a couple of 30 something mallrats so it seems the place to stay is the DTC area?

Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I live here in Denver, so the only hotel I know that is ultra comfy, but not necessarily fancy is the Holiday Inn Select that is near the hospital. I've stayed there a few times during snow storms - since I work at the hospital.

You're going to love Dr. K in person! I had my surgery almost 16 months ago and it's been the best decision I've ever made!

I hope you can meet us next time! Tell me what days are best for you. We can work around your schedule, if possible.

Actually, the day of the week doesn't matter usually. I'm almost always available, but my daughter is graduating from high school this week, so things are crazy right now. I'll make it next time.

Put me down for "even" this week.

hey, local banditos, i am coming for fill in june. i arrive wed, the 10th,staying the night, getting fill on thurs. morning, and coming home on thurs. evening.

so, anybody want to meet on wed.? i will have a car so i can go anywhere (with directions). hope to see someone

Put me down for "even" this week.

hey, local banditos, i am coming for fill in june. i arrive wed, the 10th,staying the night, getting fill on thurs. morning, and coming home on thurs. evening.

so, anybody want to meet on wed.? i will have a car so i can go anywhere (with directions). hope to see someone

Deb!

I just checked my schedule and I am off on the 10th! I'll meet you!

Let's do a Red Robin gathering that night!

June 10, Wed, 7pm!

Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I live here in Denver, so the only hotel I know that is ultra comfy, but not necessarily fancy is the Holiday Inn Select that is near the hospital. I've stayed there a few times during snow storms - since I work at the hospital.

You're going to love Dr. K in person! I had my surgery almost 16 months ago and it's been the best decision I've ever made!

The holiday inn did seem to look nice online, thanks for confirming that. Im not necessarily looking for fancy but im looking for that nice bed and hoping to land in the trendy part of town so we have things to do if i feel well. Denver seems like a really cool place I wish I didn't have to wait :thumbup:

The holiday inn did seem to look nice online, thanks for confirming that. Im not necessarily looking for fancy but im looking for that nice bed and hoping to land in the trendy part of town so we have things to do if i feel well. Denver seems like a really cool place I wish I didn't have to wait :thumbup:

Before you know it, it will be here! the tech center and downtown isn't far from most places. denver is a large city, but if you hit I-25, you can get most places pretty quickly!

great,dee! just give me directions, i am staying at some motel on evans...comfort something...lookin' forward to seeing you. hopefully some others will be able to join us

Just wanted to say how much fun I had last night at Red Robin. :thumbup: Jan, Mary and John it was great meeting you, and Nora & Dee, it was wonderful seeing you guys again.

julie

Hello Dr K people!

Im happy to say that I'm scheduled for June 10 to be banded by Dr k! Yay! My telephone consult was the clincher for me. He really knows his stuff and was very friendly.

So Im seeking your advice on where to stay for my visit. The list that his office sent me is mostly immediate area budget minded places and Im really looking to stay somewhere nice with some sort of "heavenly super sleeper" type bed. I'll be staying from tuesday through sunday so I also hope to get around the area and have a little post op fun. Were a couple of 30 something mallrats so it seems the place to stay is the DTC area?

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!

When I had my surgery in March my husband and I stayed at the Comfort Suites:

http://www.denver.com/comfort-suites-tech-center/

which was very nice for a long stay with a kitchen/living room separate from the bedroom area. The fridge sure came in handy for drinks and your medication. Expedia had a buy 3 nights get a 4th night free, check all of the online reservation companies for deals. The recliner in the living room is perfect for lounging after surgery. The huge free Breakfast is great for your traveling companion. The location is right between the hospital and Dr. K's office and 2 miles from a large mall.

Good luck with your surgery, I'm sure you'll love Dr. K and his wonderful team!

Cheryl

Edited by MissCheryl

I am from Nebraska too. I am completely excluded on my policy for WLS, even as a treatment for GERD. GERD is a nightmare. I searched everywhere on the net to find someone. We have one of the best WLS surgeons right here, but his cost is more than $14,000 for the cheapest option. Even with the travel expenses, I will save more than $4,000. After reading everything about Kirshenbaum, I ended up choosing him. His office has been very responsive and I am scheduled for June 18th. Can't say I'm excited about surgery, but I am really hopeful for the results. I chose him after researching him as thoroughly as possible. I did not find another US doctor that people were so consistently happy with all things considered. I can understand your family. Mine is very supportive and they've all enquired about him too, so you are not alone there. My mom is coming with me.

I am also thrilled with not having the pure liquid shake diet before surgery.

I will have to check into the hotel with the recliner. I'd not thought of that. I had abdominal surgery a few years ago and lived in the recliner for a few weeks.

I am from Nebraska too. I am completely excluded on my policy for WLS, even as a treatment for GERD. GERD is a nightmare. I searched everywhere on the net to find someone. We have one of the best WLS surgeons right here, but his cost is more than $14,000 for the cheapest option. Even with the travel expenses, I will save more than $4,000. After reading everything about Kirshenbaum, I ended up choosing him. His office has been very responsive and I am scheduled for June 18th. Can't say I'm excited about surgery, but I am really hopeful for the results. I chose him after researching him as thoroughly as possible. I did not find another US doctor that people were so consistently happy with all things considered. I can understand your family. Mine is very supportive and they've all enquired about him too, so you are not alone there. My mom is coming with me.

I am also thrilled with not having the pure liquid shake diet before surgery.

I will have to check into the hotel with the recliner. I'd not thought of that. I had abdominal surgery a few years ago and lived in the recliner for a few weeks.

Congratulations on picking Dr. K! He is so great! Welcome to our little group! Let us know if we can give you any more info!

Hello Dr K people!

So Im seeking your advice on where to stay for my visit. The list that his office sent me is mostly immediate area budget minded places and Im really looking to stay somewhere nice with some sort of "heavenly super sleeper" type bed. I'll be staying from tuesday through sunday so I also hope to get around the area and have a little post op fuan. Were a couple of 30 something mallrats so it seems the place to stay is the DTC area?

Hi friend. You had me at the telephone consult. I felt the same when I hung up. I knew I had made the right choice. I am coming to Denver on the 9th and would love to come to Parker and see you off into the Band Land of Wonder.

It was so good to meet everyone last night. It really is something to talk to other like-minded people who are at various stages in this journey.

Thanks for the photo Dee!

Mary

and I feel the same.

Deb!

I just checked my schedule and I am off on the 10th! I'll meet you!

Let's do a Red Robin gathering that night!

June 10, Wed, 7pm!

and add my name to the list because I will be flying in June 9th. I am in the early stages of making plans for several weeks out west. My summer is coming fast, not fast enough. I would get on a plane west the last day out but my family might wonder why so fast. BUT I will be there.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Colorado friends, the Travel Channel says leasing a car is cheaper than renting for two weeks. any tips on places to lease a vehicle for 3 weeks? Let me know!

Thanks.

Patty

Hey Dr. K bandsters! I had my surgery with Dr. K on Thursday and I arrived back in Atlanta last night. Dr. K was wonderful and so was his staff and everyone at Parker Adventist hospital. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Select and was really impressed. The bed was super comfortable and everything was so upscale. Make sure you get a suite so you'll have a refrigerator. We went sightseeing in the mountains the day before surgery. I didn't feel like doing anything like that after surgery. The flight home was kinda rough. I was in pain and we went through some tough storms that were very bumpy. I'm just glad to be home. I'm feeling much better today. I'm so glad I made Dr. K my choice. I'm coming back to Denver for my first fill but will probably switch to a local Atlanta doctor after that. Anyway, if you are considering Dr. K, do so without hesitation. He's great!

Susie :scared2:

I just wanted to add that the phone consult I had with Dr. K was the clincher for me too. I felt like he understood what I am feeling and really knew his stuff. He was very candid and personable.

It has been 6 1/2 months and I have't regretted my desicion a single day! I don't know when I will make it back to see Dr. K and his staff. It has been over a month and I can't imagine needing a fill anytime soon, but I look forward to it when I do have to make the long trip out there. It have been worth every minute I have put into this journey and every dollar!