Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I can't do the 12th, but if that date is better for more people, I don't mind missing out.

Don't worry, keep your date of the 11th, I'll meet up with you guys some day.

Cheryl

OK, let's try for tomorrow, Monday the 11th at 7:00 pm at Red Robin! Who's in?

Hi everyone!

My name is Marcy. Im from Nebraska and have been on the long journey of trying to find the right Dr. for me. I have stumbled on to Dr. Kirshenbaums web page and have been just thrilled with the info I am getting. The price alone was enough for me to start to dance as I have to fund the surgery myself.

I was just wondering what people who have had the surgery done already think of him. I was also wondering about some of the prep steps are before the surgery. I have contacted Dr. K via email and he responded with (what he referred to as) the usual out-of-town information that Natilie usually sends. I was pleases with his politeness and the speed with which he replied to my email, but Im afraid that is all I have been able to find out.

My parents and husband have been really supportive of my desition to have the surgery but in looking for the right doctor, I'm afraid they have turned into the FBI. Digging up every little bit of info they can find. Calling family in Denver, the Better Business Burrow...ect. which is wonderful but I have said that this would be the best way to find out what he is like and what all the steps would be, is to ask the people who have been there and have actually gone threw it.

So please, if anyone has anything they are willing to share with me I would be forever greatful. Thank you so very much.

Marcy

Hi everyone!

My name is Marcy. Im from Nebraska and have been on the long journey of trying to find the right Dr. for me. I have stumbled on to Dr. Kirshenbaums web page and have been just thrilled with the info I am getting. The price alone was enough for me to start to dance as I have to fund the surgery myself.

I was just wondering what people who have had the surgery done already think of him. I was also wondering about some of the prep steps are before the surgery. I have contacted Dr. K via email and he responded with (what he referred to as) the usual out-of-town information that Natilie usually sends. I was pleases with his politeness and the speed with which he replied to my email, but Im afraid that is all I have been able to find out.

My parents and husband have been really supportive of my desition to have the surgery but in looking for the right doctor, I'm afraid they have turned into the FBI. Digging up every little bit of info they can find. Calling family in Denver, the Better Business Burrow...ect. which is wonderful but I have said that this would be the best way to find out what he is like and what all the steps would be, is to ask the people who have been there and have actually gone threw it.

So please, if anyone has anything they are willing to share with me I would be forever greatful. Thank you so very much.

Marcy

Hi Marcy,

Welcome! you have made the right choice to go with Dr. K. everything you want to know has already been posted in this thread. Just go back to page one and start reading. He's a great surgeon, and we all have been very satisfied with the outcome. Good luck!

Hi Marcy. A few things I've found to be good about Dr. K versus others (just based on a lot of other threads on this site): 1. He doesn't make you do a liquid diet for weeks before surgery. He has you do high protien for two weeks and liquids just the night before. 2. A lot of people who have other surgeons have to be on liquids for weeks after surgery. Dr. K only has you on liquids for a few days. 3. Other people get tiny fills when they go in, meaning they don't hit that "sweet spot" for a looong time. Dr. K isn't shy about giving you the fill necessary for you to feel some restriction right away.

I've only had my band for a month and a half, but I've been very pleased with the process and with the doctor. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Hi everyone!

Marcy

Marcy,

You can read this section from the beginning, but after awhile you'll see most of the talk tends to be about personal stuff. I have never in my life encountered a doctor like Dr.K before. He is so personable and responsive to questions or problems, I've never had a doctor call me back himself, NEVER. Not only that but he is an excellent surgeon, I had hardly any pain to speak of after my surgery, which was 3/3 of this year, and I know that is because of his skill and the thousands of laproscopic procedures he has preformed. He always uses the same team with his surgeries, which is very important and he uses an MD as his anesthesiologist. He worked very hard to get the hospital to lower it's rates to offer this surgery at such a great price, I doubt that he'll ever get rich with his lap band patients. His aftercare with fills is virtually free, it is cheaper for me to fly to CO from NC and spend the night than to see a doctor locally for fills, plus it's just great to touch base with him and his wonderful staff. I am SO glad I had this surgery and I know finding Dr. K was meant to be. Read as much as you can about the procedure and if you think the band is for you, you can't do better than Dr. K, at ANY price! You can always send me a personal message if you have any specific questions. Hope to see you among his happy patients in the future.

Cheryl

I can come any evening this week that works for others. On THursday, I'm in a meeting all day in the DTC area, so that would be a bit better for me. I work in Denver, live north of Brighton.

Mary

Hi Marcy,

I had my surgery with Dr. K. on Nov 24, 2008. I am down 42 pounds since then. My experience with him and his physician's assistant has been extremely positive. Dr. K. genuinely cares about us and our success.

I was also self-pay, and there were no hidden charges. Since then, I have visited his office monthly, and have paid one $15 fee (for my third fill).

One thing Dr. K. told me is that the lap-band isn't a magic pill, but rather is a tool to help control your appetite. So I have found that I still must battle some of my old demons (ok, late night snacking), but the lap-band really is a strong ally. One of my worst habits was tasting a full meal's worth of food while cooking a meal. Now if I take more than one or two tastes; I'm too full to eat!

I wish you the best, and let us know how you do!

Mary

Edited by mem620
typing error

Originally Posted by Snowgator viewpost.gif

Me me me ;) I'm looking forward to my "night out with the girls"

julie

Edited by KayleighsMommy
mistake

Originally Posted by Snowgator viewpost.gif

Me me me :frown: I'm looking forward to my "night out with the girls"

julie

Julie,

Sounds good, my friend Kathy and I will be there, so that makes at least 3 of us. See you there. Anybody else?

Bella,

Put me down for -3 this week.

thanks

I would like to respectfully ask to sit this week out. :frown:

Yesterday was my anniversary, and I ate like a fat girl the entire weekend, including my lunch and dinner on Friday! I'm actually up 3lbs in 3 days! I'm praying it's Water weight, I hope my body is just in shock from eating so much garbage. I hope hope hope I can get back to where I was over the next 7 days.

Hope you dont mind but id like to show up to the Red Robin thing tonight and add a little bit of testosterone to the gettogether, LOL! Also I want to see my good friend Dee who i havent seen in a while! :-)

Hope you dont mind but id like to show up to the Red Robin thing tonight and add a little bit of testosterone to the gettogether, LOL! Also I want to see my good friend Dee who i havent seen in a while! :-)

Yeah Baby!

I'll be there!

I just got back in town last night! Just kicking back and unpacking today. I will do my weigh in on Wed if that's okay, Bella!