Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Well sorry Patty, I can't help you with a holistic doc. I know I good one in Albuquerque, but that's a 6 hour drive south!

Wanna go for a ride, Little Lady?

I'm game!

:biggrin:

Hey!

I want to hit a goal by my birthday on July 27th. What is your goal for the 4th?

I'm at 224 right now, which is 42 pounds down. So I need to lose 8 pounds by June 20. At the rate I'm going, that's not likely to happen. But I could do it by July 4.

What do you have in mind by your birthday?

Mary

Hey Banditos!

Here are the names and goals for everyone who's posted!

Our Freedom From Fat Challenge - F3!!!

Bella - 6lbs

Deb - 10lbs

Dee - 15lbs

Jmegirl - 10lbs

Julie - 8lbs

KayleighsMom - 10lbs

Lapdancer - 15lbs

Laptastic - 20lbs

Lotza - 9lbs

Mem620 - 8lbs:thumbup:

Snow - 5lbs

Thanks everyone! I couldn't find the goal Mem620.

Oops - sorry about that. Put me down for 8 pounds by July 4. Mary

I lost 2 this week, but it was mostly from TOM. I'll take it though. I still don't see myself as being in the 240's. I still feel 300lbs. I am going to try to download some pics from my phone later. I have a couple of really good before and after pics. Both times I went hiking with a friend, and had her take pictures. One in August just after my surgery, and one this week. I was pretty floored when I looked at both of them. I can't wait to see what it feels like to be in the 100's!! I hope to get there by the end of the year.

Our Freedom From Fat Challenge - F3!!!

Bella - 6lbs

Deb - 10lbs

Dee - 15lbs-1.0:rolleyes2:

Jmegirl - 10lbs

Julie - 8lbs-0.9:rolleyes2:

KayleighsMom - 10lbs

Lapdancer - 15lbs

Laptastic - 20lbs-2.0:rolleyes2:

Lotza - 9lbs-2.0:rolleyes2:

Mem620 - 8lbs

Snow - 5lbs

I only lost a pound, but it's TOM time!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

I lost 2 this week, but it was mostly from TOM. I'll take it though. I still don't see myself as being in the 240's. I still feel 300lbs. I am going to try to download some pics from my phone later. I have a couple of really good before and after pics. Both times I went hiking with a friend, and had her take pictures. One in August just after my surgery, and one this week. I was pretty floored when I looked at both of them. I can't wait to see what it feels like to be in the 100's!! I hope to get there by the end of the year.

I know what you mean Marie! It's hard for me to realize sometimes that I need to be wearing a much smaller size. I go directly to the larger sized items in the store, try them on and they are huge. My mind is having a hard time catching up with my body! It's odd, isn't it?

Not strange really. You've lived with that big body for a very long time. It takes time for you to adjust to changes, and these are big ones.

I am on day three of the pre-op diet. I have to say, even though I am glad it's not an all liquid diet, that I really don't like it. No carbs to calm my stomach. I am taking all kinds of pills to keep the GERD at bay and manage the headaches. Eleven more days to go. I am also working on finding a Protein supplement and learning to like yogurt.

Put me down for -2.

Not strange really. You've lived with that big body for a very long time. It takes time for you to adjust to changes, and these are big ones.

I am on day three of the pre-op diet. I have to say, even though I am glad it's not an all liquid diet, that I really don't like it. No carbs to calm my stomach. I am taking all kinds of pills to keep the GERD at bay and manage the headaches. Eleven more days to go. I am also working on finding a Protein supplement and learning to like yogurt.

But we are so lucky compared to many other Banders. I have friends who were put on the most restrictive pre-op diets. One doctor insists his patients drink coffee, tea, sugar free popsicles and broth and that's all for 14 days! Not one other thing can be eaten! I thought that was the most bizarre pre-op I ever heard of. Then I see on Obesity Help, there are many other docs who require the same bizarre diet!

Once you start eating, if you're diligent to eat your protein first, you won't need a protein supplement. I hate protein supplements. I finally found one that I really like. It's the Premier Protein drinks from costco. 30 grams of protein 5 grams of carbs. They taste good too! If I need to take meds I'll crush them and drink them down with a Protein Drink, otherwise, I eat my protein first. It's more satiating and my scale moves much better.

Patty is expected to be here within the hour! I'm just waiting to get her call! I'm so excited!

I have found the Band has brought some good things to my life. A new healthy way of eating, a love for working out AND a wonderful supportive group of like-minded people. Who would have ever thought, a tiny band wrapped around my upper tummy would have enriched my life as it has! Thank you Dr. Kirshenbaum!!!

As of today, I've lost 151lbs! My goal is to lose 200 by my 18 month Bandiversary. That's 49 more lbs in 53 days. I probably won't make it, but I'm hoping to get close!

I love my Band!:thumbup:

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Dee--- First off, congrats on the loss... that is soooooo great!!!! (I can't wait to be where you are :thumbup::thumbup: )

Please put me down for -.8 <sigh> I just can't seem to lose (I was down lower than where I am at now a week ago... I just keep yo-yoing between 270 - 272. I don't know what else I can do :thumbup:.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone on the 10th!!!!

julie

Did you local girls see the tornado today??

We were in the basement, my husband went outside and started calling my name... he was like "see the funnel cloud?" I didn't see it, then took a couple more steps out of the house, and there it was. I totally freaked!!! tornados are my biggest fear. We came back inside and could watch the tornado out our windows. It touched down about 2 miles from me.

Didn't see the tornado, but had planned on going to Southlands Mall today. Not gonna happen now that it's closed due to damage.