Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I have to be on the lo-carb diet for 2 weeks prior to my surgery date. So, June 24th is D-Day (Diet Day!) at my house. It's been written on my white board in the kitchen for about a month now to remind me it's coming up. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Dee, I would LOVE to go with you guys! what is the estimated time of departure? I am staying at crestwood suites on evans (don't go "yewwwww" as i can't cancel!)

Not sure of my car type but i would love to volunteer to drive! Dee,do u still have my cell #?

(i PBed twice today....arghhhhh)

I have to be on the lo-carb diet for 2 weeks prior to my surgery date. So, June 24th is D-Day (Diet Day!) at my house. It's been written on my white board in the kitchen for about a month now to remind me it's coming up. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

It will make you crazy at first, but after a week or so it becomes habit (at least it did for me) I even went to a birthday party with people who knew I was on the diet and they offered me cake. But I did it!! I know people say this, but i am completely serious when I say that if I can do it, you can too!

I haven't really craved carbs, my stomach has. I miss my granola bars. I had a pretty set diet during the day and now I can't have pretty much any of it. It's not as bad as the other diets, so you'll be able to do it. I am just wanting the whole thing to be over with and I'll get nervous later.

I thought I would be going nuts for bread which is one of my favorite foods ever, but not really. I am just bored to death with meat and vegetables. Ohhhh, more meat and vegetables. Ohhh, more mylanta. There is food everywhere at work and on tv torturing me. I've only a week left.

I will also start working down the amount of food. Eating anything big right before surgery is a bad idea. I will probably need a chew toy after surgery just to keep in practice.

Hey Friends: Having an amazing time here in Colorado. I got my appt mixed up and it is TR not Tues. So far I've been tooling around taking photos, shopping at CASTLE ROCK OUTLET twice. Bought my grandson a pile of clothes and myself three rings.

You all have read about my year from Hades and I thought how symbolic to buy a Garnet, deep red, symbolic of what feels like giving blood at the office with my horrid school year, the pain and Fibromyalgia...heretofore known as "FM" because it sounds so much cooler.

Those meeting at RR tonight can't wait to meet you tonight. Here are some photos:

the storm clouds Monday night from my hotel window. (they had tornadoes touch down on Sunday in Aurora and nearby).

My rings..I love Black Hills Gold

Marilyn- the first smile that greets us at Dr. K's office.

Natalie- Our fellow Lap Band diva and our 'go to' girl at Dr. K's office.

More to come.........

Enjoy.

post-211943-13813138441292_thumb.jpg

post-211943-13813138441588_thumb.jpg

post-211943-13813138441888_thumb.jpg

post-211943-13813138442149_thumb.jpg

post-211943-13813138442461_thumb.jpg

I was going towards the mountains and Silverthorne, or so I thought. I got lost and ended up pulling off the road to take these photos, turn around and come back to 470 west to Morrison. Morrison is one of my favorite places. Home of Red Rocks Ampitheatre it is the simpliest little town with fun places to photograph and other places with interesting items (like the antique shop)

post-211943-13813138442744_thumb.jpg

post-211943-13813138443034_thumb.jpg

post-211943-13813138443326_thumb.jpg

post-211943-138131384436_thumb.jpg

post-211943-13813138443896_thumb.jpg

More pix

Enjoy!!!!

post-211943-13813138470583_thumb.jpg

post-211943-1381313847088_thumb.jpg

post-211943-13813138471166_thumb.jpg

post-211943-13813138471418_thumb.jpg

post-211943-13813138471757_thumb.jpg

Black Hills gold is my favorite. I don't wear much jewelry, but I always looking for more.

Silverthorne is a long drive from Denver. I haven't been there for years. My mom plans on shopping pretty much non-stop next week while I am there for surgery. I am thinking I won't be joining her.

So I thought I would get some advise from you ladies. After my fill in April, I was eating fine, nice restriction. Then after my Father passed away I was super tight, liquids only, coughing up/choking on liquids at night, vomiting at least 3 times a week. Well, it has gotten a bit better. I am eating normal foods again, trying to not eat slider foods(though some days are bad cuz I am an emotional eater). but I am still having the problem of bad reflux all day and night and choking at night. I changed what time I would stop eating and drinking before bed, and make sure my pouch is empty for an hour or so before bed - no liquids.I use chewable antacid. But this reflux is killing me!!! I figured my fill was great and it is just stress making it bad, but I am worried about a slip. I have lost abt 15 lbs since my last fill and am in a good place, if I can stop those slider foods. You guys have any problems with reflux? :rolleyes:

I'm baaaaack! Hola me ladies and gents! How much fun was that lastnight??? What a great group of ladies.

Dee~You are the sheeeet! I am so proud of your accomplishments, you are kicking butt! Way to go.

Lap~My Kevin thanks you for the food and the drawing. I'm afraid to say, the box will forever be in his car! He keeps everything in his car! You look stunning, you are stunning!

Tuckers Mom, I mean Grace! I am so glad that we finally got to meet. I hope your feeling better. Buster sends wet sloppy doggie kisses.

We had a great time! It was really fun!

Here are some pictures!

Dee and Patty, Deb and Dee, Mary & Patty & Mal & Deb & Laptastic & Julie & Dee~

post-224851-13813138472378_thumb.jpg

post-224851-13813138472696_thumb.jpg

post-224851-13813138473016_thumb.jpg

I'm baaaaack! Hola me ladies and gents! How much fun was that lastnight??? What a great group of ladies.

Dee~You are the sheeeet! I am so proud of your accomplishments, you are kicking butt! Way to go.

Lap~My Kevin thanks you for the food and the drawing. I'm afraid to say, the box will forever be in his car! He keeps everything in his car! You look stunning, you are stunning!

Tuckers Mom, I mean Grace! I am so glad that we finally got to meet. I hope your feeling better. Buster sends wet sloppy doggie kisses.

Mal!

It was great to see you again! I was thrilled to know that you're returning to us here at LBT! You were one of my first LBT friends. I just adore you!!!

Don't ever leave us again!!! We need you!!!

Last night was fun. It was great to put faces with names, and real names with lapband names. I wish you out-of-towners lived here.

Sunshine - You know reflux can be a sign that your band it too tight. I would call Dr. K

Yeah, but I am thinking that when the emotions go down a bit it will be fine. It seems to be getting better by bits, so maybe I will just wait it out. I don't have the $150 for an unfill here, and can't afford the same for a ticket to Denver. I am just going to focus on Protein Shakes and soft Protein and see if that can get me through. I think I was just freaking out because I was reading a thread about slips. I really believe that I would have more symptoms if it was slipped though.

Ok, I just finished talking with Natalie in the office, and she said since I live so far from Dr K that I can try to wait it out a couple more weeks since it is getting better a little at a time. Just to not eat/drink anything after 7 and elevate when I sleep. So I guess I am just going to wait it out.

Edited by lotzasunshine