Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Wow, if they were expecting you to leave, that doesn't say much about the job they were having you do!!!!

It's not that, it's that in the last 3 days at work, I cried twice! AND I am sure I had the "Deer in the Headlight" look!

It's not that, it's that in the last 3 days at work, I cried twice! AND I am sure I had the "Deer in the Headlight" look!

Oh dear! Oh, I'm so glad you're out of there. Crying at work is just awful. Poor miss dee. :blushing:

Oh dear! Oh, I'm so glad you're out of there. Crying at work is just awful. Poor miss dee. :blushing:

Yes, I was pretty pathetic!!! How embarrassing!

Dr. K told me no pills either, the last time I was in denver (october).. Which I had been taking pills, but I stopped right away... Now when i get a headache, I take the good tasting liquid childrens tylenol.. =).. I've been pretty good this past week about exercising, though tonight I knew I should have gone to the gym, but didn't. I also started to see a therapist about my eating issues and its starting to help..

I also realized I have to use the none Gondi approach, which is, I can't just have a piece or half of some junk food and expect to not eat all of it.. I need to just avoid the temptation all together.. I guess Gondi use to sleep next to women in bed to prove that he had the will power to not do anything.. I've tried to "bed" many Cookies and ended up losing :-p..I'm going to weigh in with you all on thursday! I am excited to start to be held accountable for my actions.. =)

:crying:

Happy Days are here again!!!

I'm going back to the NICU!!! My boss said it's like the daughter is coming home! I am thrilled!!

Congrats!:blushing::blush::mad2::thumbup:

Question: does anyone know of a site where a person can look up Protein amounts in food? I know where all the carbs are listed, but know nothing about protein.:blushing:

I use www.CalorieKing.com I log all of my food to www.fitday.com but have found that their list is not as extensive. Calorie King has most everything I want.

Congrats!:mad2::blush::crying::thumbup:

Thanks Deb! I am just thrilled!! This is a very happy time for me. I wasn't sleeping at all. I was so unhappy and just so angry at myself.

Dr. K told me no pills either, the last time I was in denver (october).. Which I had been taking pills, but I stopped right away... Now when i get a headache, I take the good tasting liquid childrens tylenol.. =).. I've been pretty good this past week about exercising, though tonight I knew I should have gone to the gym, but didn't. I also started to see a therapist about my eating issues and its starting to help..

I also realized I have to use the none Gondi approach, which is, I can't just have a piece or half of some junk food and expect to not eat all of it.. I need to just avoid the temptation all together.. I guess Gondi use to sleep next to women in bed to prove that he had the will power to not do anything.. I've tried to "bed" many Cookies and ended up losing :-p..I'm going to weigh in with you all on thursday! I am excited to start to be held accountable for my actions.. =)

Yeah, Dr. K told me the same, NO WHOLE PILLS! It was right after surgery I asked him how long I had to crush my pills and not just cut them in half. He was adamant! Almost angry that I asked to not have to crush them! He said, "The rest of your life you should be crushing your pills." The Lipitor was so bitter, I wanted a better way. Thank God I don't take the Lipitor or Lisinipril (sp?) anymore. I do have a friend (doesn't everyone?) who used to brag all of the time about being able to take her pills whole without problems. She had finally reached excellent restriction and she took a rather later antibiotic pill. It got stuck and she had to have a complete unfill for it to pass. She was severly stuck for 3 days! It wouldn't disolve or if it had, she had so much swelling that she couldn't even drink Water. I know I always have the stories of doom! Sorry! But after that happened, I decided I'd never chance it!

I had heard of the Gondi approach! I think I do okay with a bite or two of something as long as I am home and able to drown the rest of the item with water in the sink! Actually, I have found that it helps my craving to just have a bite! But I'm not strong enough to NOT eat the entire thing, if I don't soak it with water in the sink!

don't be embarrassed. They sound like a**holes.

Actually, they were very sweet. It was the job that was the a**hole! The people were very nice.

Completed my first day of the Carb Cycle:

It wasn't hard at all. When I woke up at 3am, I was hungry so I drank my Low Carb Protein Drink, 4 hours later, I had 2 Veggie Breakfast sausages - they had 6 gms of carbs and 20 gms of Protein in them. Then at lunch I had 3 oz of greek tofu with feta.

In between lunch and breakfast I had 2 tbsp of cottage cheese, and for dinner I had an egg with a little LF cream cheese. Day 2 here I come!! :blushing:

Yeah, I probably would still eat it.. a little Water doesnt hurt eh.. haha. It's better for me to just not be around it.. My roomate brings it home. Or they have sweets at work.. Stupid temptations..

I'm glad you got your old job back, i recently switched job sites because of problems at another site with a client.. But everything is a lot better now!

Yeah, I probably would still eat it.. a little Water doesnt hurt eh.. haha. It's better for me to just not be around it.. My roomate brings it home. Or they have sweets at work.. Stupid temptations..

I'm glad you got your old job back, i recently switched job sites because of problems at another site with a client.. But everything is a lot better now!

I just noticed that you're greater than 1/2 of your way to goal! You have done so well! I look forward to meeting you!

I think it's so interesting how each one of us is so unique, yet we have one thing in common, food addiction! We have allowed, food to control our lives. All of us has fought that battle! But I love that each of us is here for the same purpose - to win that battle and be victorious! No matter if you have 70 lbs to lose or like me, 270lbs! The battle is the same and we have to find what works for us. We come here for support and friendship. We come here for acceptance and to know we are not alone. This is a good place and I'm glad you're here!

I'm also glad your new job is better! The nurse recruiter asked if I wanted to accept the other job I was offered on the same day, but turned down. I said, "oh, I better not! I'm pretty scared now about any new positions!" "I need to return to a place, I know I love." It's sad that it didn't work, but I am so so so thankful that I am able to return to the NICU. I shouldn't have tried to change at such an important time in my life. This is the time that I need to be focused on my weight, on working out and on making good changes that will support my new lifestyle. It's truly not the time in my life to make such a huge career change. I haven't worked out in 2 weeks! I'm so ashamed! And the worst part is I got out of the habit. A habit I had worked so hard to make is gone! I have to start all over again!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Hi gals!

Mini~Yes, I need a fill. I hope I can get in for one soon. I am down 2 pounds since trying to get back on track with my workouts. I figured I would just go to the gym everyday. It is kicking my butt, I love it though! The working out has been the easy part for me, it's making the wrong food choices and overeating at night that has me fighting the scale...

Dee~Sorry to hear about your job. I hope things work out. We spend so much time at our jobs, you deserve to love your job. I can't believe your one year is coming up! WOW!

Stay warm today! brrrr, it's freeezing out there!

Good day all Bandsters!

Hey Sweet Mal!

I've missed you and cutie Buster's face! You're good at working out! Remember the good thing about the Band is you can always return to it! We aren't perfect and unfortunately, we will never be perfect! We will be human!

I can't believe my year is almost up too! Remember when I first started? Remember how scared I was to have surgery and then how excited I was to start my journey! Here I am 122 lbs lighter 10 1/2 months later! I feel 100% better and I am so thankful I found Dr. K, my Band and all of you! You've been there since the first day at Red Robin in October 2008! Thanks Mal! If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know!

Dee~Congratulations on your return to the babies! That is where you are needed. Welcome back to your "happy place". I was worried about you. Now you can get your workout mojo back!!

I love what you wrote about our addiction to food. I used to tell people that I was allergic to food, when I ate too much of it, it would make me swell...LOL

Coming into the Band world and knowing that it is a tool, I thought I had a good handle on it, but I don't and I realize that this will be a forever battle. I think you are doing an amazing job with your band. I wanted to be at goal by now or at least 100 pounds lighter, but I am not, so I must get back on the wagon and work the band!

Buster sends kisses! You know that Kay jewlrey commercial??? My new song to Buster is, every kiss begins with Buster!

Dee, speaking of Red Robin.....

How many ladies do we have joining us on Thursday January 8th? We should keep a running attendance list, because I think this will be a big gathering!

Dee (PrtyAntOvrYt)

Jaime (jmegirl)

Amethystjade

Mim (magaines)

brandymom1234

Rene' (lifesaver)

Who else??? I know there's more, I just can't remember them at the moment....

Edited by jmegirl

Dee, speaking of Red Robin.....

How many ladies do we have joining us on Thursday January 8th? We should keep a running attendance list, because I think this will be a big gathering!

Dee (PrtyAntOvrYt)

Jaime (jmegirl)

Amethystjade

Mim (magaines)

brandymom1234

Rene' (lifesaver)

Who else??? I know there's more, I just can't remember them at the moment....

Mal, can you come to Red Robin on the 8th of January? Anita? Michelle? Nora? -- anyone else?