Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hey Banditos!

Whew, what a crazy time. I still have shopping to do, cleaning to do and cooking/baking! I picked up some kind of bug over the weekend and this morning I feel yucky, terrible timing! Hope everyone is doing better than I am.

I take the Spring Valley calcium chews too, I love them. Both the chocolate and the caramel are yummy.

Mal! I'm sorry you got a bug! I hate that! I haven't even started my shopping yet! I am going now to the Outlet and then to the mall. Money is really tight for me right now, so I'm being on my best behavior. I'm having company for Christmas day and I have to figure out the menu! I am so far behind!

I am fighting this bug! I have been drinking that Airbourne stuff every three hours...YUCK! Geen tea with honey, and lots of Water. I just feel the chills, aches and low energy.

I am having about 20 people over for Christmas Eve, I better kick this bug or I will be resting in my bed and they can fend for themselves!

I just realized that when I was at Colorado Mills mall on Saturday, someone broke into my car! I noticed that something didn't look right about my handle. Now I remembered that I had about four large bags of stuff that I was taking to donate and they are gone! Sad, sad. I hope the people that took them needed them more than ARC and Goodwill. Some PEOPLE!!

I hope you have a good shopping experience today.

A couple of quick wedding photos . . .

[ATTACH]15923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15924[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15925[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15926[/ATTACH]

Mini!

Your daughter is beautiful! I love her dress! It looks like the wedding was lovely! Is the first picture - your other daughter?

I am fighting this bug! I have been drinking that Airbourne stuff every three hours...YUCK! Geen tea with honey, and lots of Water. I just feel the chills, aches and low energy.

I am having about 20 people over for Christmas Eve, I better kick this bug or I will be resting in my bed and they can fend for themselves!

I just realized that when I was at Colorado Mills mall on Saturday, someone broke into my car! I noticed that something didn't look right about my handle. Now I remembered that I had about four large bags of stuff that I was taking to donate and they are gone! Sad, sad. I hope the people that took them needed them more than ARC and Goodwill. Some PEOPLE!!

That's horrible! I'm sorry about the robbery! I hate when people take things that belong to others!

I hope you start feeling better soon!

We went to the outlet mall in Castlerock! I think we got some good deals. AND we were on our best behavior! After we shopped, I had some great Beans and cheese from Taco Bell! YUM!!! I love those!

yay Lotsa!!!! That's fantastic, girlfriend!

Here's a pic of all three of my kids, and one of me, my cute hubby,and my darlin' grandbaby, and a couple of others I liked

:

post-237897-13813137989425_thumb.jpg

post-237897-138131379897_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137990074_thumb.jpg

post-237897-1381313799033_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I had my surgery with Dr. Kirshenbaum on Nov. 24. I had no complications, and found the surgical center he uses to be very professional. Dr. K. is a very nice man who seems to genuinely care about us. I saw him yesterday for my first fill and it was really quite painless.

As a surgeon, I think he's great. His price is $9,950 and includes fills for the first three months after surgery. I really like his staff too. If his practice falls short, I would say it is in the area of psychological support. He has a Ph.D. counselor who conducts one support group a month.

Anyway, I have no qualms recommending him for the surgery.:thumbup:

Mini, I love the pictures!!! Her dress is beautiful - it's a perfect Winter Wedding dress. The red is fabulous!!!

Mini, I love the pictures!!! Her dress is beautiful - it's a perfect Winter Wedding dress. The red is fabulous!!!

Thanks! I thought she looked gorgeous. And she and the groom (he's Navajo) wore red moccasins. It was so cute.

Deb,

I'm sorry to hear about your gain too! Our bodies are strange. They do things that can't be explained. I know I lost 6lbs by Thursday and then I popped on the scale on Friday and had gained 3 lbs. Then this morning, I was down 3.4lbs. Who knows? It's disappointing. Have you tried upping your calories for a day or two and then returning to the lower calories that you eat now? Sometimes, I think our bodies get used to our lower calories and they stop losing. It's just an idea. I do know when I did the Body4Life, they insisted that you had one day a week when you upped your intake. I think anything is worth a try.

When you find out when you're coming in Feb, let me know. My schedule is done until Feb14, but I might very well have the date off and can help you! I would love to see you and would be more than happy to pick you up at the airport and take you for your fill! Just let me know as early as you can so that I can make plans.

Thanks so much, Dee, for your supportive words. As always, you are the voice of reason:smile: I will let you know about the fill thing. Just not sure how I want to do it (especially after seeing that smoking plane in Denver this weekend:scared2:

Deb, I will also more than likely be in Denver in February for my 3rd fill. My 2nd fill is Jan 9th, so add 6 weeks to that and that's probably when I'll try getting another one. Of course there's really no telling at this point if I'll need it or not - but if I'm in town I'll be staying one night and getting a rental car so if we plan for the same day then I can help you out! :smile:

Thanks, Jaime, will keep you posted.

Hello lap band ladies! Sorry I've been missing the past few days. My daughter's wedding was tonight and it has been a crazy couple of days. I have to say, though, it was absolutely beautiful. I will post some pics later, but I am just beaming from ear to ear. She looked amazing, the ceremony was great, the dinner was lovely, etc etc.

Miss you guys and I'll catch up again soon.

Beautiful pix!!

my hair is the worst ever!! i seriously have mass handfuls of hair every time i take a shower.. I get enough Protein and my Vitamins in, I recently got a bunch of blood work done and they all came out fine.. I dont know what it is!! =( ..

I also just got on my TOM and i feel like i am dieing, for a while when i was heavier I sometimes skipped periods or they were light, now its bad.. I dont know if this is mother nature, getting back at me or what.. it sucks.. I was at a plateau before i started my TOM where i didnt lose any weight last week..but i stepped on the scale this morning and I had lost almost 4 lbs.. ugh! it's toying with me!

I can't wait for denver and my fill, but i am also worried about the snow.. I'm not one with the snow.. Though we have tons of it here in sw washington/portland area..

Well i'm headed to the gym early today since my soccer was canceled due to the snow..

Hey, girl, I didn't realize you are in my neighborhood! I am in Portland and am HATING this weather. Been housebound now for a week. Didn't dig my car out early enough and now I don't have the energy or inclination to dig it out at all.

We have cancelled Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner as for the first we would have to drive to Gladstone to folks, who at 83 and 78 don't need to dig out to go to store. They, plus other relatives from Aloha, were supposed to come here on Christmas Day, but I told people not to worry about it. We will do a January celebration in the usual Portland rainy season. It's okay. People need to slow down and breathe and not sweat this stuff. We have hunkered down with movies and hot toddies!!:eek::w00t::thumbup::tt2:

Categories I can't tolerate: liars, cheaters, and thieves...oh, and vandals. I used to tell my students that at the beginning of every term!:cool2:

Here's a pic of all three of my kids, and one of me, my cute hubby,and my darlin' grandbaby, and a couple of others I liked

[ATTACH]15933[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15934[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15935[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15936[/ATTACH]:

Hi folks. Well, here are the week 5 totals (finally). Sorry to be so slow. I"ll try to do better this week.

Adorkable: 20/wk1:-4/wk2:-4/wk3:+1/wk4:-5biggrin.gif

Bella: 25/wk1: -5rolleyes.gif

Brandy: 10/wk1: -1/wk2:?/wk3:-5/wk4:-2biggrin.gif

Deboregon: 15/wk1:-0/wk2:-2.2/wk3:-1.2/wk4:-2.7/wk5:+2.5:laugh:

Denvergirl: 12/wk1: -0/wk2:-2/wk5:-3:laugh:

Jmegirl: 20/wk1: -0/wk2:-0/wk3:+1.8/wk4:-1.4/wk5:-1:laugh:

Kayleighsmommy: 15/wk1:-5/wk2:-0/wk3:-0/wk4:-0/wk5:-1:laugh:

Lotza: 10/wk1: -3/wk2:-1/wk3:-2/wk4:-2.5/wk5:-1:laugh:

Magaines: 10/wk1: -.3/wk2:+.4/wk3:-1.1/wk4:-1.9/wk5:-1:laugh:

Mini: 10/wk1: -1.9/wk2:+.3/wk3:-2.1/wk4:-1.1/wk5:-.9:laugh:

PrtyAntOvr: 25/wk1: -4/wk2:-4/wk3:-0/wk4:-4.4/wk5:-6:laugh:

Tally: 13/wk1: -4/wk2:-0/wk3:-6/wk4:+2/wk5:-5:laugh:

MINI!!!! You are more than halfway to goal now!!!! CONGRATZ!!!

:w00t: :tt2: :thumbup: :cool2: :eek:

Thank you!! I'm hoping the last 10 pounds will come courtesy of the plastic surgeon! So maybe I only have 30 to lose!

[ATTACH]15933[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15934[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15935[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15936[/ATTACH]:

I loved the picture of you and hubby and the grandbaby! You are so pretty!!! I can really see the 40lb loss! You have lost 50% of your excess weight in 5 months! That's great!!! The odds look great to you being at goal before your bandiversary next year!

Your daughter is lovely! Her dress is just perfect! I always wanted a winter wedding! I think they are just beautiful! You can do so many pretty things!

Thanks for sharing!!