Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi everybody! Just tried to catch up on posts! Sorry I have been MIA, lots of family drama going on. I've been super stressed out.

Dee-I am glad you got your NICU job back. When I read the initial posts about your new job, I was so bummed for you. But then I was so happy you got your old job back!

Mal,Shelbi,Tally,Deb....howdy! Miss you gals! And everyone else too!

Dorky one-Sorry about your leak. That bites! I hope everything works out ok!

Brandy-Bummer about your gallbladder. Man, you guys have had one surgery filled year!! You could open your own surgery center at the rate you are going!

Mini-I miss you woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...I see Jaime didn't tell you...I am going to visit her in April and we are going to see Dave Matthews Band!! How cool is THAT?? I am so stoked...I am living for that week!!

Just wanted to say hi....hope everything is great with everyone. Love ya all my band sisters!!

Thanks Munchi! I've missed you!!! Is it safe to ask if you're finally divorced? How are the kids (dogs) doing?

I'm happy to be back in the NICU. It was like a really bad nightmare!

Thanks Munchi! I've missed you!!! Is it safe to ask if you're finally divorced? How are the kids (dogs) doing?

I'm happy to be back in the NICU. It was like a really bad nightmare!

Nooo...I am not divorced yet. They messed up a bunch of the paperwork...then had the nerve to send me a bill for another $500+. So needless to say I am not happy. :huh2:

Nooo...I am not divorced yet. They messed up a bunch of the paperwork...then had the nerve to send me a bill for another $500+. So needless to say I am not happy. :huh2:

Sorry to hear that! I have no idea why it takes so long to get divorced!!! It just sucks!

Sorry to hear that! I have no idea why it takes so long to get divorced!!! It just sucks!

LOL! It wouldn't if they would quit messing it up! It should have been done in July!!

YAY for DMB!!!! We are going to party!!!

:cursing:

Yes we are girlfriend! I cannot wait!!!!!!! :frown::huh2::Banane14::Banane57:

Mal, can you come to Red Robin on the 8th of January? Anita? Michelle? Nora? -- anyone else?

Sorry, I will be in orientation for my new nursing job that day, and that night the GATORS play for the national championship, so I will be glued to the tV.

Well I am getting my gall bladder out, as well as the tumors on my liver that Dr. K found. Since losing the weight I have stones now.

All this before the end of the year. Yikes

Brandy, good luck with your surgery. I had my GB out, really no big deal. Hope yours is easy too.

Mini, I'm down 3 this week.

Happy Holidays everybody!

Sorry, I will be in orientation for my new nursing job that day, and that night the GATORS play for the national championship, so I will be glued to the tV.

Brandy, good luck with your surgery. I had my GB out, really no big deal. Hope yours is easy too.

Mini, I'm down 3 this week.

Happy Holidays everybody!

That's too bad Nora! I was hoping you'd be there on the 8th! I hope your new job turns out better than mine did!

We'll miss you!

That's too bad Nora! I was hoping you'd be there on the 8th! I hope your new job turns out better than mine did!

We'll miss you!

Thanks Dee, I'd love to see you guys too and catch up. Sorry your new job did not work out, but glad you had a safety net to go back to.

This job is pre-op/pacu, which I've been wanting to do, but it is only PRN Saturdays. Still have my regular M-F job. I"m just excited that somebody finally agreed to train me in this area.

My daughter had ankle surgery on Wed., so I've been home with her this week being nurse/mom. It went well, and I'm glad I was able to take the time off. Also getting the house ready for holiday company.

Still feel like I have good restriction. Have been eating some holiday treats, but just smaller portions. So far seems to be working out ok for me.

Maybe if Deb comes in for a fill in Jan we can plan a 2nd girls night out?

I have been experiencing the side effects of the lapband and would like to talk to other patients who have recently had the lapband.

I have been experiencing the side effects of the lapband and would like to talk to other patients who have recently had the lapband.

What side effects are you experiencing? When were you banded?

I lost a pound. Yayyyyy :tongue: :lol: :eek: :)

I thought I would Never lose weight again. That plateau that felt like for-ev-er. Lets just hope this was a one time thing, and I stop loosing again :tongue_smilie:

I am sooooo bummed that I almost didn't post this week:frown::tongue:

I am up 2.5 this week, and I just am not gettin' it! JL is shocked each morning when I come downstairs and pronounce I have gone up yet again each morning. Like she exclaims, "HOW?? with as little as you eat!!" I am eating enough and not too much...really. I know before I think I wasn't eating enough in the day, but I changed that a long time ago.

Of course, we have had a week of winter weather that this area hasn't seen the likes of in years, so we have been kinda housebound.....not much physical movement here (not as if there were much before:blushing:).

Arghhh...I know it is a phase, but I hate it! Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to get to Denver for a fill until late February:bored: Hope someone will be around to help me out at that time. Don't know about one day or two, car or no car.

Am glad to see almost everyone else had a good losing week.

Congrats to y'all!:tongue_smilie:

I am sooooo bummed that I almost didn't post this week:frown::tongue:

I am up 2.5 this week, and I just am not gettin' it! JL is shocked each morning when I come downstairs and pronounce I have gone up yet again each morning. Like she exclaims, "HOW?? with as little as you eat!!" I am eating enough and not too much...really. I know before I think I wasn't eating enough in the day, but I changed that a long time ago.

Of course, we have had a week of winter weather that this area hasn't seen the likes of in years, so we have been kinda housebound.....not much physical movement here (not as if there were much before:blushing:).

Arghhh...I know it is a phase, but I hate it! Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to get to Denver for a fill until late February:bored: Hope someone will be around to help me out at that time. Don't know about one day or two, car or no car.

Am glad to see almost everyone else had a good losing week.

Congrats to y'all!:tongue_smilie:

Deb,

I'm sorry to hear about your gain too! Our bodies are strange. They do things that can't be explained. I know I lost 6lbs by Thursday and then I popped on the scale on Friday and had gained 3 lbs. Then this morning, I was down 3.4lbs. Who knows? It's disappointing. Have you tried upping your calories for a day or two and then returning to the lower calories that you eat now? Sometimes, I think our bodies get used to our lower calories and they stop losing. It's just an idea. I do know when I did the Body4Life, they insisted that you had one day a week when you upped your intake. I think anything is worth a try.

When you find out when you're coming in Feb, let me know. My schedule is done until Feb14, but I might very well have the date off and can help you! I would love to see you and would be more than happy to pick you up at the airport and take you for your fill! Just let me know as early as you can so that I can make plans.

Deb, I will also more than likely be in Denver in February for my 3rd fill. My 2nd fill is Jan 9th, so add 6 weeks to that and that's probably when I'll try getting another one. Of course there's really no telling at this point if I'll need it or not - but if I'm in town I'll be staying one night and getting a rental car so if we plan for the same day then I can help you out! :tongue_smilie: