Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Maybe this has already been addressed, but why cant you take any pills? I take advil, excederine, when ever I need it without any issues. I also take a thyroid med every day. I don't crush or anything like that. The pills seem to dissolve pretty quickly and i havent ever had a problem with something getting stuck. Just my 2 cents.

I have problems with pills getting stuck, unless they are small gelcaps, or very small pills. I had a cold pill get stuck once, and I refuse to take them again. If I really need something, I crush it, or cut it into very small bits

Dr. K said pills were a No-No because you never want them to get stuck, and there's no telling just how small that opening is in your pouch. He said even my birth control should probably be crushed, just to be on the safe side. Did he not tell that to everyone else? :)

Dr.K didn't mention anything about pills at me at all. The only warnings I got were here.

So, I really think that DH and I got food poisoning at his work party on Friday. Idk what it was, but we were both nauseated and had..ahem...other issues all weekend:blushing:. The nausea has gone away, but I am still feeling icky. I just hope it doesn't stop my loss. I am actually wishing that it would speed it along :)

The pill thing is an ongoing saga for me. At first I was crushing everything, then the pharmacist told me that my anti inflammatory is time release and crushing it is a problem. So now I cut things into tiny pieces. My fill doc hasn't said a word about pills, and the pill he prescribed me is freakin' huge. I have to cut it into fourths. So I spend a lot of time cutting up pills. I would hate to get one stuck, but I don't want to risk having them not work properly either. It's kind of a hassle.

So, I really think that DH and I got food poisoning at his work party on Friday. Idk what it was, but we were both nauseated and had..ahem...other issues all weekend:blushing:. The nausea has gone away, but I am still feeling icky. I just hope it doesn't stop my loss. I am actually wishing that it would speed it along :)

sorry you're sick. I would think it would speed things along, but ya' never know.

Just a drive-by post...

This morning I had a Venti Peppermint White Mocha (against my better judgement). I've noticed the caffeine in these Starbucks drinks keep me going well into lunch, with absolutely no hunger. Well, I just decided to look up the calories in one of these things. 660cals!!! :frown::) I cannot believe I drank that! OMG I am so going back to the 160cal Skinny vanilla Latte starting tomorrow!!!!

I have problems with pills getting stuck, unless they are small gelcaps, or very small pills. I had a cold pill get stuck once, and I refuse to take them again. If I really need something, I crush it, or cut it into very small bits

Dr.K didn't mention anything about pills at me at all. The only warnings I got were here.

I specifically asked Dr. K about pills because of what I'd read on here, so that's probably the only reason we talked about it.

Just a drive-by post...

This morning I had a Venti Peppermint White Mocha (against my better judgement). I've noticed the caffeine in these Starbucks drinks keep me going well into lunch, with absolutely no hunger. Well, I just decided to look up the calories in one of these things. 660cals!!! :frown::) I cannot believe I drank that! OMG I am so going back to the 160cal Skinny vanilla Latte starting tomorrow!!!!

Wow, that's astonishing. What do they make them with, blended cheesecake or something?

Wow, that's astonishing. What do they make them with, blended cheesecake or something?

Straight cane sugar apparently!!!!

I mean, I did so well avoiding the Turtle Cheesecake at work today, but if I'd known I had consumed that many calories before 10am, I'd have chucked it all and had a slice!!! :)

Good luck on your Plateau Diet today Dee!!! :)

thanks Missy!!!

Happy Days are here again!!!

I'm going back to the NICU!!! My boss said it's like the daughter is coming home! I am thrilled!!

:)

I'm going back to the NICU!!! My boss said it's like the daughter is coming home! I am thrilled!!

THAT'S FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations!!!

:tt2:

That is great!!!! How did you manage to pull that one off Miss Thang??????

:cool2:

:mellow:

:frown:

(OK, maybe that last one wasn't necessary....LOL)

THAT'S FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations!!!

Thanks Mini!

My new boss was actually expecting it and she was very grateful that I quit before they spent too much money on my training! I've been there 11 days, so she was pleased that I let them know early! The last person stayed 6 months and then left! It was pretty costly!

That is great!!!! How did you manage to pull that one off Miss Thang??????

:cool2:

:mellow:

:frown:

(OK, maybe that last one wasn't necessary....LOL)

Thanks!!! Boobie banana is always necessary!

I prayed and prayed and prayed. I hadn't been sleeping, I was so sad. So I called my old boss and told her I'd do anything and everything to be able to return! She called today and said they would be thrilled to have me back! I am thrilled to be had back!!!

Thanks Mini!

My new boss was actually expecting it and she was very grateful that I quit before they spent too much money on my training! I've been there 11 days, so she was pleased that I let them know early! The last person stayed 6 months and then left! It was pretty costly!

Wow, if they were expecting you to leave, that doesn't say much about the job they were having you do!!!!