Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

march sleevers the good and the bad

Id like too hear how all march sleevers are doing and i seen February sleevers do this to keep intouch and help one another out on our new journey

Hiiii

My surgery was March 19

i am doing much better everyday.

Haven't gone back to work yet

Dying of boredom and happy i have no appetite or else i'd be in the fridge every 5 minutes.

I am 20 lbs down and I want to weight myself everyday but i am trying to just do it every Tuesday since my surgery date was on a Tuesday.

I am on Puree and it is frustrating and yucky so i'm sticking to Soups. I honestly thought it would be a breeze but its more of a challenge.

I can not wait to start exercising. I made a list of goals and NSV and rewards to help make time pass. Overall I'm just trying to be patient.

i had surgery on the twenty seventh. second day was the hardest. i had alot of gas and nausea. almost threw up my n meds last night. sleeping on an incline. its rough but know it will pay off. watched and smelledmy familyeat sonic today. that was hard.

March 13th in Tijuana Mexico. I have been blessed with an extremely easy recovery thus far.. Just hoping to get past the DVT and leak "danger" window and then I will breathe easy. My sleeve has had almost no inflammation, I didn't take any pain medicine since leaving the hospital and wasn't even given any narcotic pain medicine when I was there (I asked them not to give me any since narcotics make me feel yucky.. I'd rather have pain than take narcotics). I've been able to drink freely since the day after my surgery (drank 80 ounces of Fluid the very next day after surgery with no problems at all) No nausea after day two.. I did have some stomach spasms that lasted the first several days. For the first two days, they'd stop me in my tracks, but reduced in intensity over the next week until they went away completely. The diet is progressing amazingly. I enjoyed a scrambled egg for Breakfast this morning with 1/4 cup of curried lentils pureed with spinach and carrots and I added a few splashes of hot sauce. VERY yummy! Getting 70 grams of Protein a day.. about half from food and the other half from shakes and I'm able to get all my Water. Getting all my Vitamins in pill form so no need for yucky chewables. I'm back to work at my boyfriend's store and not even tempted by all the chips and pastries we sell there, I'm working full days on my feet, but not doing any lifting or extensive bending/streching yet. Incisions healing very well. I couldn't be more thrilled with my VSG experience so far!

I'm having trouble with Protein. I can not stomach my Protein Shake. Just tried to melt a Protein Bar. Added 3 spoon full of chabani greek yogurt and skim milk... ughh yuck not happening either.

Hey, y'all! Sleeved 3/25, so still on full liquids. I do get dizzy and tired easily, but otherwise, it's been a breeze. I'm down 13 pounds already and feel pretty much normal. I am going back to work (I teach 8th grade English) Tuesday.

I'm ready to get of full liquids already, but I understand the importance of them. No leaks!

Tomorrow is Easter mass and I really don't want to go. People in my little town talk a lot and I've already been the Hester a time or two. Oh well. Let them eat cake. (Lol)

I'm having trouble with Protein. I can not stomach my Protein shake. Just tried to melt a protein bar. Added 3 spoon full of chabani greek yogurt and skim milk... ughh yuck not happening either.

Have you tried other types? I like Isopure mixed 1/2 with Crystal Lite. I also have blended PB2 with some chocolate shakes I didn't like and those worked well.

I was March 6th..I feel great..never had any pain..some gas..but no pain..all incisions are healed and I am down 43 pounds.(including pre op) I am amazed at how a few bites of food fill me up..still having issues with that..my head wants it and my belly says no..lol..other than that its been smooth sailing.. I am in my first stall..but its all good cause I know it won't be long til the weight will fall off again. <3

i had surgery on the twenty seventh. second day was the hardest. i had alot of gas and nausea. almost threw up my n meds last night. sleeping on an incline. its rough but know it will pay off. watched and smelledmy familyeat sonic today. that was hard.

I agree 2nd was bad. Sonic was my fav. My ;amply at e h am tonight and ravioli tomorrow. Keep up the good work.

Sleeved on the 6th. My surgery and recovery have been amazingly easy. Spent one night in the hospital. Never had nausea or vomiting. Getting over 80 grams of Protein a day and easily 80 oz of liquids. Was on liquids for 3 weeks so this is my 3rd day of soft foods. I am feeling like a million bucks! Never knew a quarter cup of cottage cheese or canned salmon could taste so good! Never hungry and have not had a bad experience with my sleeve yet. (knock on wood) My only complaint is really bad Constipation. Taking benefiber, stool softeners and MOM and it's still an issue!

Hiiii

My surgery was March 19

i am doing much better everyday.

Haven't gone back to work yet

Dying of boredom and happy i have no appetite or else i'd be in the fridge every 5 minutes.

I am 20 lbs down and I want to weight myself everyday but i am trying to just do it every Tuesday since my surgery date was on a Tuesday.

I am on Puree and it is frustrating and yucky so i'm sticking to Soups. I honestly thought it would be a breeze but its more of a challenge.

I can not wait to start exercising. I made a list of goals and NSV and rewards to help make time pass. Overall I'm just trying to be patient.

I could have posted this, lol minus am still on liquid until Monday I was sleeved 3/18.. Dying of boredom and restlessness and not sleeping well.. I go to dr on Tuesday hopefully he will give me ok for swimming that will help in tone, bored, and sleep.

I was sleeved March 6th! I am down 26 lbs since then. I just broke through a week and a half stall. I am on soft foods, so cottage cheese, baby bel, yogurt, canned/ground chicken or turkey... I still have to really push to get all of my liquids and Protein in. :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was sleeved on march 13 and in 17 days I am down 15 lbs Recovery has been pretty easy. I went back to work on March 18th.

I eat about 400-500 cals a day. I use premiere Protein shakes to augment Protein. I do have trouble getting in all liquids but is getting better every day.

I was sleeved on March 18. Surgery went well, but day 2 was horrible with Violent dry heaving. They fixed that, though, anc was discharged the 20th Feeing much, much better. Was walking over a mile a day when git home. I'm down 15 pounds so super happy about that! whey Protein was giving me tummy issues and was afraid of dehydration, so protein intake has not be spectacular. I did get in 50g so far today, though, which is better than yesterday. I just have one incision that's really sore, on my right side. Hurts to tie my right sneaker when going walking. Love my sleeve so far and cannot wait until Monday for puréed food and protein from real food!

Sleeved on March 1!! Lost 20 pounds. I eat about 600-800 calories. Getting average of 70-80g of Protein. Fluids are getting better daily now that I can take a normal drink!! Sip sip sipping was challenging for me!!

I am on normal foods now but still find it easier to stick with soft!!! I am learning to let my sleeve guide me in choices!!! I have eaten out with family had a French onion soup!! Took me the same amount as time as everyone else to eat it!! I only ate the broth and a bit of the cheese!!

I cooked for guests last night and ate with them!! Honestly I only probably ate 1/4 Cup but no one noticed and when dinner was over I was thrilled it went fine and no unwanted attention was put on me!!!

So happy for this thread!!!