Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months since surgery

6 months since surgery almost at my goal weight. Sept 26, 2012 - 209lbs , today I weigh 135 lbs , only 15 lbs away from my goal weight of 120, which the dr says I should be at. All my friends & family think I should stop losing now. What do you think? Should I listen to my Dr & drop down to 120?

Day of surgery

Me now 3/23/12 @ at a theme party dressed as Brett Michaels girlfriend from Rock of Love, lol

post-39135-13813664220211_thumb.jpg

post-39135-13813664221008_thumb.jpg

I would say, how do you feel? Do you feel pretty good & comfortable at your current weight, or do you feel like you would feel better at your doctor's recommended weight? I think it's up to you and how YOU FEEL.

-Kendra

I would say' date=' how do you feel? Do you feel pretty good & comfortable at your current weight, or do you feel like you would feel better at your doctor's recommended weight? I think it's up to you and how YOU FEEL.

-Kendra[/quote']

I think your right , thanks :)

You look great! Is your BMI in normal range now? How do you feel?

You look great! Is your BMI in normal range now? How do you feel?

Thanks !! Yes BMI is in normal range, body fat % is in range too . I feel great. . Guess if I really wanted to stop losing & stay at this weight I could.

You look great! How tall are you? My goal weight is 125... I am only 5ft tall and 125 is at the top of my normal BMI range.

My doctor wants me to actually go a little below goal to give me "moving room". The majority of his patients have a bit of regain from their lowest weight to find a maintainable weight. I say go where your body takes you :) in saying that - you look fab now!!!

I truly believe your body will stop when it's at a set point.... I would just focus on eating healthy and see where your weight loss goes.......If it goes down, that's fine, if it stays the same, that's fine. You look very SEXY and hot. So keep it up! :P

Congrats!! You look amazing! I was sleeved exactly a month after you on 10/26. My starting weight was 206 and I am at 151 now. I haven't lost hardly anything the past couple months :-(. My personal goal is 120. Your weight loss has been very successful. Do you mind sharing what your specific plan was/is as far as intake (carbs, calories, protein) and exercise? How did u break a stall if/when u encountered one?

Yes if u could share that stuff it would be good :) im very interested, I was sleeved just Monday gone and hope I'm successful like you. That's amazing

Thanks everyone. I have reached stalls , like every 2-3 weeks I'm at a stall. When this happens I try my best to lower my calories & exercise more. Problem with that is that I'm not getting enough nourishment . I only eat about 500-700 calories a day. Dr said at this point I should be eating at least 900-1100 calories a day. He also said the last 20-30 lbs are the hardest to take off. Now there are days when I over eat & have carbs & sugar & yes I know I'm not suppose to , but my stomach doesn't reject it & I feel fine, until I over do it . So I cheat every now & then. That's usually when I have my stalls.

I wish you all good luck on this incredible journey of your new life as a skinny person . I love it . We all go through different stages & weight lose is different for each individual , but don't get discouraged if your losing at a slower rate, just remember , before the surgery , how long did it take us to lose anything ? I know for me, it took me over a yr just to lose 20 lbs. so I'll take the1-3lbs every 2 weeks. You will lose it , you will reach your goal. You will be happy . Don't give up, it will get better :)

Have a great Easter everyone !!

You look amazing! Great inspiration to me. Congrats.

You sound like a person who is real about struggles and also just living with the sleeve. You sound like me on a bad day..you're input is appreciated.