Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PEOPLE WHO ONLY DID 3 day liquid pre op diet

Who am I being cruel to? I was talking about my personal experience with a BMI over 40. When you have over 100lbs to lose of course you will some degree of loose skin. I guess I just wish I had dealt with my weight sooner.

Haha sorry I didn't think any of you New Zealanders where over 30 bmi!! Or at least the ones on this thread! Haha my bad. Well good luck to you and I don't think 40 bmi necessarily means saggy baggy skin :)

Haha sorry I didn't think any of you New Zealanders where over 30 bmi!! Or at least the ones on this thread! Haha my bad. Well good luck to you and I don't think 40 bmi necessarily means saggy baggy skin :)

Cool story bro.

K

I don't think it matters what anyone else says, all of y'all are so sensitive to what is said on this post right now. You guys would probably have an argument over kittens. To the OP: if what you originally posted wasn't answered to your satisfaction, try the low BMI section. To everyone else: as someone with family all over the world, I understand that different countries have different opinions about everything. What we Americans think is rude here is just what they think is normal conversation.

Just let it go!

PS: I love kittens!

What a great point ... If brad Pitt wants surgery then he can do what he wants its his money & life . Did you go and seek professional help as the scales went up over the years? It obviously didn't help much as you have had the surgery. So why do you think it would help me? I have a large appetite. I wasn't abused as a child or depressed or been in an abusive relationship - I love food and don't seem to be able to control it. I want a tool to help me control it and be healthier. I don't think I deserve or am entitled to this surgery but I do meet the criteria and am choosing to have it.

I did seek therapy actually. Am still going. And I lost weight. Unfortunately, I had thyroid cancer and gained 70 pounds and my metabolism is too shot to take the weight off on my own. I needed this surgery for medical reasons. I didn't need to seek out doctors from 7 different countries to get this surgery. My doctor brought it to me.

Had I not received help for my food addiction, this surgery would not have been an option for me. Because it would fail.

I don't think it matters what anyone else says' date=' all of y'all are so sensitive to what is said on this post right now. You guys would probably have an argument over kittens. To the OP: if what you originally posted wasn't answered to your satisfaction, try the low BMI section. To everyone else: as someone with family all over the world, I understand that different countries have different opinions about everything. What we Americans think is rude here is just what they think is normal conversation.

Just let it go!

PS: I love kittens![/quote']

I did receive an answer and closer a few days / weeks ago ... Out of the blue, this thread / discussion opened up for no particular reason and quite off original topic. I jut wanted to stand up for myself. I understand if I had started one sayin - "can people please tell me it's ok to be 30 BMI AND HAVE THIS SURGERY?" Haha

... I too love kittens

I agree with prior posts questioning why you would have this surgery at 30 BMI. Seems quite extreme.

But, to each their own.

There are people here who have struggled with major weight issues for their whole life, and have lots of medical complications as a result, and are seeking surgery to improve their health and extend their life. In my opinion (which, I realize you didn't ask for it, but oh well), this is strictly about vanity. I just don't understand why you'd do this to yourself considering your current weight.

I know this won't deter you, but this is an open forum, and that's my two cents. Luck for you, they'll take anyone's money in Mexico...

I did seek therapy actually. Am still going. And I lost weight. Unfortunately' date=' I had thyroid cancer and gained 70 pounds and my metabolism is too shot to take the weight off on my own. I needed this surgery for medical reasons. I didn't need to seek out doctors from 7 different countries to get this surgery. My doctor brought it to me.

Had I not received help for my food addiction, this surgery would not have been an option for me. Because it would fail.[/quote']

Yes I am very lucky I was able to choose from 2 drs in India, 1 in Thailand, 2 in Mexcio and one in little old Nz. And those are only ones I contacted. I chose Mexcio because it was much cheaper and I have a friend from Canada who actually went there 2 months ago and said it was a great facility.

I agree with prior posts questioning why you would have this surgery at 30 BMI. Seems quite extreme.

But' date=' to each their own.

There are people here who have struggled with major weight issues for their whole life, and have lots of medical complications as a result, and are seeking surgery to improve their health and extend their life. In my opinion (which, I realize you didn't ask for it, but oh well), this is strictly about vanity. I just don't understand why you'd do this to yourself considering your current weight.

I know this won't deter you, but this is an open forum, and that's my two cents. Luck for you, they'll take anyone's money in Mexico...[/quote']

Yep and the rest of the world - please make sure you've read everything I've ever written in this forum before adding your 2 cents... Just my opinion.

I What we Americans think is rude here is just what they think is normal conversation.

!

Curiosity... So when that one up there said

"cool story bro" it could be that she didn't mean disrespect?? I ask because when my 16 year American daughter said it to me she DEFINITELY said it in disrespect!!! :P

I would never trust a surgeon in Mexico..if I ever need a Tummy Tuck I'm getting it done here! Lol

Cant wait for updates and sexy bikini after pics minus all the loose skin that the over 40 BMI'ers that dont have age on their side have to deal with!!

Wow. Way to take a shot "us high BMIers".

Smh... This thread is shot and bringing out the worst in people. I dealt with this abuse in high school and now I hear this kind of crap from the people who should have the most sympathy.

Bullies are not limited to children.

Also as a youngin cool story bro is used to disrespect

Wow. Way to take a shot "us high BMIers".

Smh... This thread is shot and bringing out the worst in people. I dealt with this abuse in high school and now I hear this kind of crap from the people who should have the most sympathy.

Bullies are not limited to children.

I'll say it again ... I AM a high BMI'er!!

I'll say it again ... I AM a high BMI'er!!

This posted b4 I saw your response. It's a long thread... But I still think the comment rather sucked. I think there are better kinder ways to show support.

Amanda Rae