Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PEOPLE WHO ONLY DID 3 day liquid pre op diet

How much weight did u loose? Im at 30 BMI and although I'm trying to eat MORE I think I'm stressed about organising this surgery and the scale isn't going up - worried ill get to Mexico and after 3 days of liquids ill go under and they won't do it ...

I did the 3 day liquid diet and lost about 5 lbs before surgery. My BMI on surgery day was 35. I guess a lot depends on the particular surgeon, but I wouldn't worry too much about getting to Mexico and being turned away.

For the most part the surgeons in Mexico are very capable and I wouldn't hesitate to return there for surgery, but the fact is they do it to make money. Do you have a coordinator you can contact to address this issue? Don't be afraid to ask for fear you'll be put on a watch list or something:)

I did 3 day liquid preop and lost 5 lbs exactly which brought my BMW to 29. Dr and Nut said that's expected so they can get around inside easier. I was sleeved in Mexico on the 18th and all is going well:-)

I did 3 day liquid preop and lost 5 lbs exactly which brought my BMW to 29. Dr and Nut said that's expected so they can get around inside easier. I was sleeved in Mexico on the 18th and all is going well:-)

Thank you!!! Exactly what I was looking for!! Less worried now

The length of preop liquid diet is according to BMI. Some have 2 weeks or 1 week or less. The reason for the diet is to shrink your liver so that they can push it out of the way easier during the surgery.

It comes down a lot to the dr - my dr in Nz wanted 3 weeks Optifast 1 mx dr wanted 3 days clear liquid 2nd mx dr only 1 light bfast and liquid day before surgery ... I'm luckily going w option #3 lol

My doctor only requires 24 hour pre-op liquid diet. He said that he has the tools to push your liver out of the way for the surgery. I was kinda or relieved that he doesn't believe in being as strict as some doctors.

Thanks - it's weird isn't it - all the various diets ... I'm havin the spider technique (1 incision through belly button) .. Hopefully there's enough room to move everything around! Lol

Mine was 3 days liquid diet too

Thanks - it's weird isn't it - all the various diets ... I'm havin the spider technique (1 incision through belly button) .. Hopefully there's enough room to move everything around! Lol

Is this through Dr. Garcia? What is the cost for just the 1 incision? Wondering if I should do that as well for my surgery?

Hi! It's $1000 more ... So $5700 (?) for me it's $6800 Nzd! But I think it's worth it .. Less scaring, less pain & less healin time! (Also I don't like my belly button haha)

You're a 30 BMI and you want to get sleeved???? Why?? That shouldn't even be allowed.

Also, my surgeon MADE me go on a month long liquid ONLY diet before surgery. I lost 49 lbs in those 28 days. I am glad that he did it and believe that every sleever should do a month long liquid diet, it really gives you an idea what you're in store for. These 24 hour pre op diets are also rediculous and shouldn't be allowed.

You're a 30 BMI and you want to get sleeved???? Why?? That shouldn't even be allowed.

Also' date=' my surgeon MADEe go on a month long liquid ONLY diet before surgery. I lost 49 lbs in those 28 days. I am glad that he did it and believe that every sleever should do a month long liquid diet. It really gives you an idea what you're in store for. These 24 hour per op diets are also rediculous and shouldn't be allowed.[/quote']

Well as you are not a dr and have no say over my life or anyone else's on here I suggest u keep your negativity to yourself. My liver isn't as fatty and enlarged as yours was, so I don't need to detox it.

To bad there's no surgery to remove your attitude