Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PEOPLE WHO ONLY DID 3 day liquid pre op diet

I really like the Beatles. There is a great Lennon/McCartney song which features Paul McCartney on lead vocals... "Let It Be"

Amanda Rae

Rollagirl, I don't know what your intellect level is but you need to READ what people are writing. You keep saying that I and a couple others here are on you about your weight. YES WE ARE!!! But not for the reason your mind is calculating it as, we are saying that you are to THIN to get sleeved!!! Read that again....YOU ARE TO THIN TO GET SLEEVED. Also, you are spending valuable time on a website filled with people that have serious weight problems with BMI's that are 40-70, or even higher. These people have tried everything and some are near death. You were obviously smart enough to recognize that you have a problem. You want to do something about it right? How much weight do you want to lose, 30-40 lbs? Then deal with the issues in your mind and go do it! Hell, 30-40 lbs is nothing compared to some of the weight numbers that people here, including myself need to lose. You are better then me because you realized that you had a problem when you hit a BMI of 30, I didn't realize it until my BMI was over 50! Do you think that this surgery is going to cure whatever you have going on in your head? I am here to tell you it's NOT. Over come that FIRST then consider surgery AFTER. But I think you won't need surgery if you fix what's going on in your head first.

Y'all need to stop and agree to disagree. Everyone has their own belief system and other factors that play into their strong opinions of this.

Rollargirl - I didn't see the posts as attacking but rather concerning and not knowing if you fully understood. Your emotional ties to this is what made it feel attacking.

This has now been taken WAY to far. Just STOP nothing productive will come from further back and forth.

Rollagirl' date=' I don't know what your intellect level is but you need to READ what people are writing. You keep saying that I and a couple others here are on you about your weight. YES WE ARE!!! But not for the reason your mind is calculating it as, we are saying that you are to THIN to get sleeved!!! Read that again....YOU ARE TO THIN TO GET SLEEVED. Also, you are spending valuable time on a website filled with people that have serious weight problems with BMI's that are 40-70, or even higher. These people have tried everything and some are near death. You were obviously smart enough to recognize that you have a problem. You want to do something about it right? How much weight do you want to lose, 30-40 lbs? Then deal with the issues in your mind and go do it! Hell, 30-40 lbs is nothing compared to some of the weight numbers that people here, including myself need to lose. You are better then me because you realized that you had a problem when you hit a BMI of 30, I didn't realize it until my BMI was over 50! Do you think that this surgery is going to cure whatever you have going on in your head? I am here to tell you it's NOT. Over come that FIRST then consider surgery AFTER. But I think you won't need surgery if you fix what's going on in your head first.[/quote']

Yes thanks, I did realise you were saying I was too big for surgery. I'm sure when u hit 30 BMI you didn't look in the mirror & feel amazing healthy and in great shape. You just ignored it and buried your head in the sand. You could of got some help then - why didn't you? I've trained for 10 years - I'm not an "emotional eater" I have a pretty great life ... I just love to eat food and would love to eat smaller amounts of it at a time. I'm not sure why this is a "hair brained" idea ... As I'm doing what everyone else on this website has done or is doing?! I'm just being a little more organised and doing it sooner

Not true Anniemay, maybe Rollagirl will think before she alters her body for the REST OF HER LIFE. Ok, she gets sleeved and reaches goal weight in 2-3 months. She's only 35 years old, then what?

Yes thanks, I did realise you were saying I was too big for surgery. I'm sure when u hit 30 BMI you didn't look in the mirror & feel amazing healthy and in great shape. You just ignored it and buried your head in the sand. You could of got some help then - why didn't you? I've trained for 10 years - I'm not an "emotional eater" I have a pretty great life ... I just love to eat food and would love to eat smaller amounts of it at a time. I'm not sure why this is a "hair brained" idea ... As I'm doing what everyone else on this website has done or is doing?! I'm just being a little more organised and doing it sooner

*Sigh* I tried Rollagirl. I wish you the best.

Then I continue to lead as healthy as a life that I can at a healthy weight with less chance of inheriting diabetes, hight cholesterol, high blood pressure and evening out my hormones while gaining my confidence back making me a happier person again.... Wait maybe this isn't a good plan?! FFS

I am done with Rollagirl, she can't be helped by me or anyone on this site. For the rest of the readers here, and there are MANY, if you have a 30 BMI and are considering surgery please read this next couple of sentences. I know people are their own worst critics so it's hard to see yourself from the outside, so look at me. Attached again, is a photo of me at age 19 at a 27.5 BMI. Imagine this guy with 20 more pounds which would have put him at a 30 BMI. Does he look like he needs gastric sleeve surgery?

post-47935-13813664292216_thumb.jpg

post-47935-13813664318474_thumb.jpg

I am done with Rollagirl' date=' she can't be helped by me or anyone on this site. For the rest of the readers here, and there are MANY, if you have a 30 BMI and are considering surgery please read this next couple of sentences. I know people are their own worst critics so it's hard to see yourself from the outside, so look at me. Attached again, is a photo of me at age 19 at a 27.5 BMI. Imagine this guy with 20 more pounds which would have put him at a 30 BMI. Does he look like he needs gastric sleeve surgery?[/quote']

I'm so so so so glad your arent in charge of anyone's life but your own

I think the sleeve is a great preventitive measure for a female in her 30's not wanting to wait until the weight spirals. It only gets harder to lose as you get older. Yes, BMI of 30 in NZ is considered high. On the whole we are a pretty fit/high active country - afterall we have lots of sheep to chase after ;) It is only the pacific islanders/maori's that raise our national.average. I dont agree it should be the first option for weight loss but she clearly has tried and failed on many other diet and exercise plans and this is the next step.

I think the sleeve is a great preventitive measure for a female in her 30's not wanting to wait until the weight spirals. It only gets harder to lose as you get older. Yes' date=' BMI of 30 in NZ is considered high. On the whole we are a pretty fit/high active country - afterall we have lots of sheep to chase after ;) It is only the pacific islanders/maori's that raise our national.average. I dont agree it should be the first option for weight loss but she clearly has tried and failed on many other diet and exercise plans and this is the next step.[/quote']

Is there a site/forum like this for Nz & oz?!? Lol ... Glad another girl gets it ... I do t know why I need psychiatric help for wanting to do this - I'm baffled

Bigfrank that's not your problem. You have provided appropriate warning. This will be for her and her family to face going forward. Sometimes we have the blessing of making a connection in someone's life where you can make an impression from the other side of the world. This is clearly not opportunity for you.