Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today makes a month since I was sleeved and I've lost 22lbs!

HW - 319

SW - 274

Post-op appt - 264

Today - 252

:D

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Good job Corky!!!

How's everyone doing in their Protein? I'm really failing in this area. I have a few different kinds' date=' but they ALL make me gag & heave. I'm super worried about this.. Still on the liquid diet for 2 more weeks. Any suggestion?[/quote']

I had a horrible time with this and still do. Isopure is not the best stuff, but it works. My doctor told me that to take in what I can and really focus on my liquid intake right now. They said plain milk would be good. I was on liquid for four weeks. Just started purée last night.

I had a horrible time with this and still do. Isopure is not the best stuff' date=' but it works. My doctor told me that to take in what I can and really focus on my liquid intake right now. They said plain milk would be good. I was on liquid for four weeks. Just started purée last night.[/quote']

I'm 24 days out & struggle with Protein & fluids as well. I never really want to eat & when I do, I think I eat to fast. It's so discouraging right now. My tummy rules my world. I mostly am thirsty & just want to guzzle down Water but I can't. Sip, sip, sip is the hardest. I feel this has been way harder than the pre op diet & the recovery. Who woulda thought that?! Not me that's for sure!

I'm 24 days out & struggle with Protein & fluids as well. I never really want to eat & when I do' date=' I think I eat to fast. It's so discouraging right now. My tummy rules my world. I mostly am thirsty & just want to guzzle down Water but I can't. Sip, sip, sip is the hardest. I feel this has been way harder than the pre op diet & the recovery. Who woulda thought that?! Not me that's for sure![/quote']

I know that's right! Hopefully the big gulps I take will become a habit in time (taking sips).

I've read a lot of people are having issues with the left side / trash tummy removal incision. Mine came out through my belly button & have thankfully not had ANY issues. Hopefully more surgeons will start leaning towards this method. I also had issues drinking Ensure & Boost Protein Shakes. They were too thick. I bought Premier Protein from SAM's club & they're thinner so they go down a lot easier & they're 30 grams each. That's my only suggestion for Protein issues. Someone wrote on here that they found out they were allergic to whey. Hopefully that's not what y'all are experiencing. Good Luck!

I'm 24 days out & struggle with Protein & fluids as well. I never really want to eat & when I do' date=' I think I eat to fast. It's so discouraging right now. My tummy rules my world. I mostly am thirsty & just want to guzzle down Water but I can't. Sip, sip, sip is the hardest. I feel this has been way harder than the pre op diet & the recovery. Who woulda thought that?! Not me that's for sure![/quote']

Water is not an issues for me at all, thank god.

I've read a lot of people are having issues with the left side / trash tummy removal incision. Mine came out through my belly button & have thankfully not had ANY issues. Hopefully more surgeons will start leaning towards this method. I also had issues drinking Ensure & Boost Protein shakes. They were too thick. I bought Premier Protein from SAM's club & they're thinner so they go down a lot easier & they're 30 grams each. That's my only suggestion for Protein issues. Someone wrote on here that they found out they were allergic to whey. Hopefully that's not what y'all are experiencing. Good Luck!

It's strange because I have not had a single problem with that incision. I wonder how the doctors are taking it out.

That's me that's allergic to whey and I hope that is not whats going on with you guys! It's awful trying to get even 30g a day in through food but if your makin your shakes with milk try switching up to soy or silk milk. If that don't help try with water! I just don't wanna hear you guys have to go through same as me. It's making everything way harder

That's me that's allergic to whey and I hope that is not whats going on with you guys! It's awful trying to get even 30g a day in through food but if your makin your shakes with milk try switching up to soy or silk milk. If that don't help try with water! I just don't wanna hear you guys have to go through same as me. It's making everything way harder

I have not been able to do Protein shakes since surgery. Anything with whey, soy, and even the veggie ones is a no go. I found some CLIFF bars that I can actually do. They are 20g Protein but high carbs (like 30g). I was so low on protein that I decided that was better than nothing.

Yesterday I made 55g of protein and felt great, slept better than I have since surgery. This at 6 weeks out. Today I'll probably get to 58g which is great. I just have to do lots of protein rich foods.

How early and long was everyone's first stall? Mine started a little into week two and has lasted almost three weeks.

Good job Corky!!!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

How early and long was everyone's first stall? Mine started a little into week two and has lasted almost three weeks.

Mine started about week two and three then all of a sudden it started coming off

I was sleeved June 24 doing 65-70 grams Protein daily, not sure I am hitting 64 oz of liquid but trying.....lactose into lance was worse week one, but can do Premier Protein now.

Been in stall for last week and 1/2 but clearly see inches coming off...I know it's a matter of time more weight will fall off.

Hey ladies and gents...im 5 almost 6 weeks out. ..I have a question....none of my incisions hurt except the one they pulled the "trash stomach" out of. Is this just me? Its not always sore...but when I workout (still just walking on treadmill until im released) or if i clean the house our do a lityle more...I even notice I get a little puffy in my belly area too when its sore. Am I the only one? What do u do to help? Ive been icing it when it flares up.

Yes!! I'm 4 weeks out and have the new pain. It's like it's a pulling feeling.

Yes!! I'm 4 weeks out and have the new pain. It's like it's a pulling feeling.

Saw this as I was scrolling by...think that pain is fairly typical for those that had similar surgeries. The PA at my doctor's office said they have to go through muscle at that port site and it's larger. I believe there's also some internal stitches there that eventually dissolve. Used to get occasional sharp pains there but it did go away after a few weeks.

Shel in Kansas - Sleeved 5/21/13