Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you're gaining a pound from eating a piece of salmon, something's very wrong, unless you're eating a 16 oz pound of it. You're talking about the weight loss of others, but there's really no reference for us in where you're coming from. Did you start with high BMI, low BMI, what kind of intake (Protein, carb, fat, calories, Water, Vitamin, mineral) are you having? Are you tracking your input using something like My Fitness Pal or other application?

I'm not attempting to discount your feelings, but I am a logically oriented person and when presented with something that seems contrary to all the other input I've seen about the surgery, I'm curious about the variables that make your experience so contrary to what we'd normally see. What has your doctor/surgeon said about your experience, as you are a year out? To me, when someones take a step like this, gets rid of most of the stomach capacity and has such greatly reduced food intake, to have such a minimal response would be troubling. Adding on that you seem to be doing miles and away more exercise than many of us and it just seems to present an interesting conundrum.

+1

Please, have no fear. I believe fear kept me from achieving my goals and living through others continue to be positive and uplifted in your journey. I had to learn and accept reality for what it was and that was...my journey came and gone. I had to stop weighing daily and looking to everyone else's success and relying on it. I still love to encourage others and that maybe my calling just don't give up. My calorie intake daily is between 1,500-1,900

your calorie intake might be it! 1200 is were you should hover around to maintain your weight less than that to lose according to my doctor. Hope this helps

I just had never heard if uterus tubes' date=' was curious.

Revision 1/31/13 by Dr Cabrera and Venezuela in MX[/quote']

Left out comma oops

Talk of all this hysterectomy got me thinking lol maybe you need your homones checked? I had a complete hysterectomy about 11 yrs ago and that is one of the reasons that I could not lose weight plus my bad eating habits and a few other things. Are you on HRT?

I'm not on any hormones; I decided not to take them after talking to my friends (ob- gyn) they don't take them either because of long term use may cause breast cancer and I had my hyst 7 years ago and hormone free

I think it is brave of you to share your story... I am sorry you haven't had more success, and i think it is good for preops to know that WLS is not a guarantee of a "fix" or rousing success.

I don't know what you are doing and i guess you didn't really ask for advice... but all I can say is what has worked for me.

I don't count calories, but I think most days I eat way less then you mention. I eat pretty low carb. My body does not give up the weight if I eat "normal" levels of carbs. I seldom eat fruit due to the sugar/carbs (I do have berries sometimes). I pretty much eat meat (just like you a lot of seafood, chicken etc mostly), low carb veggies and premier Protein drinks. Boring, i know - but I am at a headspace with all this that I am just OVER food.

I am in no way implying you are doing anything wrong, I am sharing this information as I am sure many people reading this thread are preops and it might be useful info.

Exercise????? I do that twice a day for 4-5 days a week I've paid over five grand so far for personal trainers I even had a personal chef to help prepare healthy meals for me so that I wouldn't fall off. I see women and men losing 60-100 lbs in the first nine months and that troubles me when I know I've been doing all I could and giving it 100% effort. I can eat a piece of Salmon and in two hours I will gain a pound literally so on top of the exercise I have to take Rx diet pills to keep my weight leveled. And guess what else? I can't lose weight with the diet pills either so this surgery was a waste of money and pain and suffering.

I dont understand why you are exercising twice per day... If your personal trainer told you to do that you need to get a new one ASAP. From some other post you have made I can tell you are not giving it 100%... dont think anyone on this site does, were only human. Eating a piece of salmon can not "literally" cause you to gain a pound unless you are eating 16oz at a time which is impossible with the sleeve. Who is advising you to take diet pills? They are garbage and mostly caffine.

I eat a lot of raw veggies they're easy and convenient for me when I need to snack I've grown to appreciate them so much more than I did pre-op. the only juice I drink is raw juice. I invested in a juicer and I love to juice I'll only juice once a day and make enough to last the entire day. I have seen the nutritionist but I haven't lately I've felt it was a waste of money since I'm self pay I don't have health insurance and I really don't want to continue to pay to see a nutritionist every week or bi-weekly when that money could go towards something else medically in case of emergency. I hope that I've clarified things for you sorry it took me so long to respond.

Veggies are great is you are eating the right kinds at the right times. If you eating a lot of things like carrots or cron those are not good veggies to be eating while trying to lose weight. Also with juiceing you are going to be consuming a ton of carbs and sugars which will likey not be burned off throughout the day. It takes about 6 oranges to make a glass of fresh orange juice... how many times would you eat 6 oranges in 1 sitting? Juicing is great once you are at goal and maintaining... very limited on what you can juice when trying to lose weight. You seem to be spending money on things you dont need. You should use those finds for a good nutritionist. If you have a good one you dont have to see them every week... maybe monthly. If they want to see you every week they are ripping you off.

My calorie intake daily is between 1,500-1,900

Your carlorie intake is double than what your average sleever trying to lose is consuming

Well this just maybe my answer I don't drink 64 oz of Water a day,

Thats a big one actually. Getting your Water in isn`t just for hydration purposes. Up your water intake to more than the minimum required. 64oz of water really isnt a lot especially if your exercising.

No, I don't have a lot of weight to lose I guess I could stand to lose another fifty pounds or so but I am having Lipo and an abdominoplasty surgery in seven weeks. Hopefully that will help.

You are no were close to goal and you have plastics scheduled already? You dont want to ``waste money`` on a doctor or nutritionist because ``that money could go towards something else medically in case of emergency``. Is lipo and abdominoplaty considered an emergency especially when its not the right time to do it. I would seriously consider your Dr is he is advising you to do these procedures with no much still to lose.

Actually today is my two years anniversary for surgery. I started at 320 and now I'm currently 271.

``No, I don't have a lot of weight to lose`` You have a BMI of over 41+ and need to lose another 85lbs to be on the heavy side of a normal BMI.

Im not sleeved yet, but i used to be a big fan of juicing. My nutritionist said to throw that machine away. It is basically giving you all of the carbs (sugar) from the fruits and veggies, without any of the beneficial Fiber that normally offsets the carbs and makes them healthy. Yes, you are getting concentrated amounts of Vitamins but if you take a multi, you dont need them. My nut is a huge fan of a real / whole food diet (eg getting off the processed and packaged Protein stuff asap), but not juicing.

You would be better off measuring out some power house fruits and veggies and making a green monster smoothie...with or without Protein powder or greek yogurt. You would get the benefit of the Fiber, which would offset some carbs. Most people stall when their carb counts are even moderate and fiber intake is low. Combine that with not enough Water and a "maintenance" level calorie count and there you go.

I hope you get some answers soon!