Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My doctor offers I think it's called hgc injections for people who stall on their weight loss and everyone I talked to said they started to lose weight again; hope this helps on your journey

You have bleeding but you've had a hysterectomy?

How is that possible?

:(

More than likely she had a partial hysterectomy so she may still have her uterus. Just no fallopian tubes or ovaries. We produce different hormones for ovulation and our periods. So we can lack ovulation and still have a period.

Also they can test your thyroid all they want but if your thyroid isn't having a " spell" or attack they won't see any abnormalities. Your levels will be normal.

Sent from my KFOT using VST

More than likely she had a partial hysterectomy so she may still have her uterus. Just no fallopian tubes or ovaries. We produce different hormones for ovulation and our periods. So we can lack ovulation and still have a period.

Also they can test your thyroid all they want but if your thyroid isn't having a " spell" or attack they won't see any abnormalities. Your levels will be normal.

Sent from my KFOT using VST

It's a little confusing because she referred to a "hysterectomy" which by definition is removal of the uterus, but then talked about maybe needing to have her "lining removed" which sounds like an ablation, which would require having a uterus. lol There are a few different kinds of hysterectomies, for example, mine was called a "Total Hysterectomy" because they removed my uterus and cervix but my ovaries stayed. However there isn't a hysterectomy that leaves the uterus. Maybe the OP was referring to a different kind of surgery that wasn't technically a hysterectomy. But either way, it sounds like she's in contact with her doctor about the bleeding and it's being treated and is unrelated.

Hope you're getting some answers and feeling a little better!!! :)

Maybe she should consider gastric bypass?

Or duodenal switch

Please, have no fear. I believe fear kept me from achieving my goals and living through others continue to be positive and uplifted in your journey. I had to learn and accept reality for what it was and that was...my journey came and gone. I had to stop weighing daily and looking to everyone else's success and relying on it. I still love to encourage others and that maybe my calling just don't give up. My calorie intake daily is between 1,500-1,900

How about try eating less. When I lost all of my weight I was only eating between 600-700 calories. I am trying very hard now to eat 900.

K just to help y'all out me being a labor and delivery nurse; total hyst- everything comes out uterus, Fallopian tubes

Partial hyst- uterus tubes are left

Hope this helps to clarify the differance

Thanks but according to my OBGYN who performed my "Total Hysterectomy" as it was referred to by both the doctor, hospital and insurance, this chart helps to explain the difference between the different types of hysterectomies. Though I do hate that this thread has become all about this since it really wasn't her original post referred to and her bleeding seems to be unrelated. That was not my intention!

post-52447-13813663784419_thumb.jpg

K just to help y'all out me being a labor and delivery nurse; total hyst- everything comes out uterus' date=' Fallopian tubes

Partial hyst- uterus tubes are left

Hope this helps to clarify the differance[/quote']

Uterus tubes? All I have left are my ovaries, it was classified as a partial.

Revision 1/31/13 by Dr Cabrera and Venezuela in MX

No, I don't have a lot of weight to lose I guess I could stand to lose another fifty pounds or so but I am having Lipo and an abdominoplasty surgery in seven weeks. Hopefully that will help.

Okay so we know you are a woman and you currently weight 270 pounds, right. I am going to judge you but are you even close to a goal weight? Are you seven feet tall? Even if you say your goal weight is 200 pounds that still is 70 more pounds to go. Taking into what you have already lost, 50 pounds, that is a significant amount to lose. Did your PS not suggest that you wait to lose a little more before your surgery? You will have better results if you are thinner, good luck.

Uterus tubes? All I have left are my ovaries' date=' it was classified as a partial.

Revision 1/31/13 by Dr Cabrera and Venezuela in MX[/quote']

Yes I left out ovaries

But wasn't trying to start a fight was just trying to give helpful clarification.

Thanks but according to my OBGYN who performed my "Total Hysterectomy" as it was referred to by both the doctor' date=' hospital and insurance, this chart helps to explain the difference between the different types of hysterectomies. Though I do hate that this thread has become all about this since it really wasn't her original post referred to and her bleeding seems to be unrelated. That was not my intention!

[/quote']

And as to your chart we done refer anything as a ratical hyst and I circulate in or for hyst everyday; I know what is on the paper work because I fill it out; different places may call things different in medical field; as to my paperwork I had a total hyst and everything was removed.

And as to your chart we done refer anything as a ratical hyst and I circulate in or for hyst everyday; I know what is on the paper work because I fill it out; different places may call things different in medical field; as to my paperwork I had a total hyst and everything was removed.

Well I hardly think it matters, and this will be my last reply on this subject. It is clearly different in different areas because I was originally considering a radical hysterectomy, so yes, they are referred to as such in at least part of the medial field. We will have to agree to disagree. But this thread is not about this at all. Sorry to everyone else that it's been taken this far!! :)

Yes I left out ovaries

But wasn't trying to start a fight was just trying to give helpful clarification.

I just had never heard if uterus tubes, was curious.

Revision 1/31/13 by Dr Cabrera and Venezuela in MX

Talk of all this hysterectomy got me thinking lol maybe you need your homones checked? I had a complete hysterectomy about 11 yrs ago and that is one of the reasons that I could not lose weight plus my bad eating habits and a few other things. Are you on HRT?