Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was never huge breasted... but of course was bigger when I was obese. I used to wear a B when thin, a C when a little overweight but was in a D cup at my heaviest. During the weight loss journey, weight didn't come off evenly, my breasts shrunk alot... during the last say 20 or 25# getting to goal. Now, like alot of women who have lost massive weight I have lost the volume on the upper breast and need fixing. I am down to mammary glands and skin really very little actual breast tissue left, although the droop isn't as bad as i feared...

So, since this thread is mostly women who have large breasts, I am looking for input on what to go for during my breast reconstruction (lift and implants). The doctor will do whatever i ask, but said that since i have a more athletic build and lifestyle she strongly recommends I go with smaller implants then I picked out. She thinks I will regret being "large" busted at this stage of my life and I am taking her input seriously...

The problem is you can't just say "make me a full C" because bras are all measured differently and a C looks different on different women depending on your shape. I am struggling with finalizing my decision... and I need to do that by May 9!

Curious as to the thoughts from other women on this. I want an attractive womanly figure, but want to be comfortable and clothes to fit well since I really like fitted clothing.

I was never huge breasted... but of course was bigger when I was obese. I used to wear a B when thin, a C when a little overweight but was in a D cup at my heaviest. During the weight loss journey, weight didn't come off evenly, my breasts shrunk alot... during the last say 20 or 25# getting to goal. Now, like alot of women who have lost massive weight I have lost the volume on the upper breast and need fixing. I am down to mammary glands and skin really very little actual breast tissue left, although the droop isn't as bad as i feared...

So, since this thread is mostly women who have large breasts, I am looking for input on what to go for during my breast reconstruction (lift and implants). The doctor will do whatever i ask, but said that since i have a more athletic build and lifestyle she strongly recommends I go with smaller implants then I picked out. She thinks I will regret being "large" busted at this stage of my life and I am taking her input seriously...

The problem is you can't just say "make me a full C" because bras are all measured differently and a C looks different on different women depending on your shape. I am struggling with finalizing my decision... and I need to do that by May 9!

Curious as to the thoughts from other women on this. I want an attractive womanly figure, but want to be comfortable and clothes to fit well since I really like fitted clothing.

I feel like a bigger B cup is good on petite women and a c cup is good on average size women... A full C is nice but depending on your body it may look fake and too big...

I would guesstimate the old bras 'fit'- but weren't the proper sizing. I had this happen for a long time. I assumed I was a DDD- but I'm really a F, G or H depending on the bra.

Agree--and sometimes you can do a smaller band size/bigger cup size or bigger band size/smaller cup size. The lady I really like who has fitted me in the past feels you get better support from the smaller band size and bigger cup size vs the other option.

I think smaller might be better if you are athletic and like fitted clothing. Like a smaller C cup or a very full B cup. Sometimes I think a larger chest can make us look heavier than we really are.

I should mention that i do have a large frame. I already wear a bigger top than bottom due to large ribcage and wide shoulders...

I should mention that i do have a large frame. I already wear a bigger top than bottom due to large ribcage and wide shoulders...

I'm thinking full C cup then. However, I know that you said that there is variation even within that category. What a difficult decision! Can your surgeon show you the different implants by size on patients with a frame similar to yours, or maybe do something on the computer with a photo of you?

I think big boobs make many women look heavy vs. more feminine. I think a small C is flattering on most ladies. If you are broad shouldered, then a large chest will only make you appear larger. Most surgeon's offices have sample falsies you can wear to pick a size. See if you can borrow different sizes to try.

I did try them on. That is how I selected the size I liked.

The problem with photos is it is very hard for me to look at a picture of a woman and think, oh, she is my size - she has my shoulders and ribcage dimensions. You can't really tell that from photos - or at least I cannot.

Like I said, she is willing to do what I want (within reason - she doesn't do mega boobs...lol) but she gave her own personal opinion that I picked a larger size then she expected and that she recommended going a little smaller. It is not measured by bra size, it is measured by putting the samples on under a sports bra, putting on a tight tshirt and deciding which "look" you prefer.

One thing to keep in mind is that when they do a lift, you lose a little of your own tissue so it is hard to exactly know what it will look like after the surgery - the trying on is an approximation.

This is exactly the reason I posted the question in this thread - I apppreciate the perspective of larger busted woman. I am told repeatedly that women's main regret is not going for bigger breasts. when they chose implants and I thought this audience might give the opposite input. :)

The man in my life just says "make sure it looks natural" - well, that is in the eye of the beholder. :)

I did try them on. That is how I selected the size I liked.

The problem with photos is it is very hard for me to look at a picture of a woman and think' date=' oh, she is my size - she has my shoulders and ribcage dimensions. You can't really tell that from photos - or at least I cannot.

Like I said, she is willing to do what I want (within reason - she doesn't do mega boobs...lol) but she gave her own personal opinion that I picked a larger size then she expected and that she recommended going a little smaller. It is not measured by bra size, it is measured by putting the samples on under a sports bra, putting on a tight tshirt and deciding which "look" you prefer.

One thing to keep in mind is that when they do a lift, you lose a little of your own tissue so it is hard to exactly know what it will look like after the surgery - the trying on is an approximation.

This is exactly the reason I posted the question in this thread - I apppreciate the perspective of larger busted woman. I am told repeatedly that women's main regret is not going for bigger breasts. when they chose implants and I thought this audience might give the opposite input. :)

The man in my life just says "make sure it looks natural" - well, that is in the eye of the beholder. :)[/quote']

Hey Jane,

My thought on it is see if you can "borrow" or somehow score a pair of falsies and wear them for a while and go shopping for tops and dresses with them in..

I've never had them, but my mom has had about five pairs ( don't ask, she's also had about five husbands :P )

And when she had bigger ones sometimes clothes didn't fit right even though she has a bigger bone structure too. To me wearing them with a tight sports bra and a tight tshirt may not give enough perspective.

I was a size 44dd now I'm down to a 42d. Look nice with clothes on . But when I get close to goal I will be getting a BA and lift.

I wear 36C hooked on the middle hook right now, but I actually have very small breasts. I think I measure 35 or so - but remember not all bras are fitted the same, even within my own collection there are small Cs and there are big Cs but 36C is the size I start with when I try on a bra. I fill them right now with skin it seems to me.

This is what makes using bra size such a strange measure.... I didn't realize it until starting this process!

I have a fitted cocktail dress, maybe i should bring that in for my next consult and just see what the samples look like with that over it.

I wear 36C hooked on the middle hook right now' date=' but I actually have very small breasts. I think I measure 35 or so - but remember not all bras are fitted the same, even within my own collection there are small Cs and there are big Cs but 36C is the size I start with when I try on a bra. I fill them right now with skin it seems to me.

This is what makes using bra size such a strange measure.... I didn't realize it until starting this process!

I have a fitted cocktail dress, maybe i should bring that in for my next consult and just see what the samples look like with that over it.[/quote']

I think that's a good idea!

I would shop with my mom sometimes and she would have to get a bigger size to fit her boobs and it would be ill fitting elsewhere or look "blousy" or matronly..

And think of a top that isn't fitted and see how that hangs also

Before my breast reduction ten years ago I was 34 EEE sometimes F .. I was from the teen years on and hated it. My doc told me to go buy a bra that I wanted to fit in and I did. I've been happy since. Now, between age and weight loss I've gone just a tad south but nothing Victoria Secret can't handle.

I can't answer for augmentation questions.. I'm on the other end and my motto is big Boobs are over rated. I could never fit in clothes, always had back and shoulder pain not to mention headaches.. Ok, y'all enjoy your boobs.. :D

One more thing!!! NIPPLES AND SHAPE!

What ever you chose I would be most concerned

With how they "lay" and nipple placement.

You want to right amount if fullness "under" the nipples not popping out above like massive "pecs" to me rocking those nipples )in the right spot) is of upmost importance.

Yes I've seen a LOT of breast implants, not just my moms :P

Ok I am done, of to the dentist to "rock"

My grill

Lol