Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Is everyone ready for their Anniversary Day?

Loser28 - we are now posting under the monthly support forrum - click the link below and it will take you there.

Anyone here?

But to answer your questions - yes, I guess I'm ready. I'm not as goal as I had hoped to be, but I'm still happy with my progress. I'm a lot better off this January than I was last January! <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I get banded tomorrow morning 1-15 at 7:30 a.m. I did not have a pre-diet either and actually just came back from a trip to Aruba and ate too much!! I hope it doesn't affect my surgery. I am on Clear Liquids today.

I also had to go through hoops for approval but I think my Gastroenterologist sealed the deal since I have Barrett's Esophagus.

Good luck to all up and coming bandsters!!

It looks like you have lost a considerable amount of weight in a year! how did you do it. I got banded in January 08 - as of today I have only lost 12pounds - I have just gotten some sort of restriction after my third fill which was on 05/01/08 - am exercising - but the weight is not just melting off to warrant the 100 pound weight loss in a year!!

How did you do it!!!

I drink Adkins choc drink for Breakfast or make a high Protein smoothie using frozen berries, Protein Powder, a splash of juice and ice.

For lunch it's usually some homemade Soup or chili that has been blended unflavored protein powder followed with 1/2 c. of homemade yogurt and 3 or 4 berries.

Supper is whatever I'm hungry for: tuna salad, 2 oz of filet mignon, hot dog, bar-b-que, quacamole, enchildas, whatever. If I eat out the meal is halved into the takeout box before I ever get started. Sometimes I put 3/4 of the meal in the box if it's from a restaurant that serves big portions (Chipolte, Red Lobster, Chili's).

Things I avoid completely because they cause me band problems: soda, lettuce, most bread (doughnuts, croissants, muffins, etc.), pie, cake, hamburgers, cabbage) Things I eat all lot of: Guacamole, queso, enchiladas, refried Beans, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, yogurt, cheesecake without topping, potato soup, Tomato basil soup, tortilla soup, chicken, fish, shrimp, crystal lite, limeade. I treat myself to one chocolate mini candy bar every week.

I walk 10,000 steps a day, drink two or more bottles of Water, eat a lot of ice, and sleep 8 hours.

To date I have lost 81 pounds and have had a total of 4 fills.

I was banded on Jan. 15, 2008 and have not had a fill yet. Doc says I don't need one yet. I am down 42 pounds so far. I am pretty darn happy!!! I am sticking under 1000 calories a day and making sure I get all my food groups in. I eat off a small salad plate to control my portions. I drink at least 40 ounces of Water a day and then maybe a crystal lite too. I always have Snacks of pretzels or a healthy choice ice cream and if I go to a birthday party I will eat a small piece of cake. I am establishing a new way of living the rest of my life so I don't want to feel like I am on a "diet". The lap band has been a wonderful tool for me in assisting my weight loss but it is up to me to make the right choices. Hope everyone is doing great and have a nice weekend

Bren

Good job Brenda! Congratulations on the pounds you have lost, that is great!

Thanks so much Sunshine. I will be really happy when I get to 81 pounds like Maw Maw great going!!!

You are doing great too Sunshine!!! I am not sure how to read your numbers are you currently at 179??? I am dying to be under 180!!

Bren

Yes, but keep in mind, most of us on this forum were banded January of 2007! so We are over a year out. :biggrin:. I am down to 177 now, but I was down to 167 - had a set back so working my way back to the 160's! My doc's goal is 155, my goal is 145 - I'm hoping to be there by my 2 yr band anniversary!

that is still fantastic!!! I will be very very happy if I am down 70 pounds in a year! I don't mind losing slowly as long as I keep going down

bren

Brenda your weight loss is going great. I wish I could lose that much :lol:

Patience is not one of my best virtues:)

I go monday to have my 3rd fill...HOPEFULLY.

I am hoping this will be the "sweet spot" CONGRATS EVERYONE ON THE GREAT WEIGHT LOSS!!!!

Thanks Kan I am learning to be patient. In the past, it has not been my best virtue either. I am not allowing myself to get frustrated or upset with this slow weight loss lately. I think I am ready for my first fill here. I will see the doc on the 9th.

Bren :-)

I'm just thankful that the scales are steadily going down instead of racing upwards!! Until I got the band its like everytime I got on the scales I had gained more weight....I just LOOK at a cheeseburger and pack on 15lbs.