Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I was wondering who in the January group had a good exercise routine. I mean, like working out consistently a certain amount of days. I'm failing in that area and need to read some motivational typing from someone.

For some reason...I am very active but it isn't quite enough. Today I unloaded about 3000+ pounds of cement pavers for a patio...I suppose that works for strength exercises...but nothing cardio. I just get going on something and the get some reason to stop and then takes me forever to get going again.

I used to be able to say I had a good workout routine. I have been slacking for the last month or so. I know better. I have to get back into it soon. I think I will hit the gym in the morning.

Same here... still struggling to exercise regularly. *sigh*

I am having a gas pain issue again. My left shoulder and left side of my chest -- it's almost excruciating. I have to go to a baby shower today and I just do not want to go. What do you guys do for gas pain? I've been taking the gas x, and I've been very strict with myself about NOT drinking out of straws or "to-go" coffee cups. I'm so frustrated!

Since about a month after surgery, I haven't had those kind of gas pains. I do occasionally get a twinge of pain in my left shoulder but nothing like those darn gas pains..whew..those were rough.

I do drink latte's out of straws and that is about it for me. I don't get much air in when I drink, but do get some and just burp away. And if I may be so crass...fart away in the afternoon. Thats my gas.

I wonder if you're eating foods with more potential for gas...like broccoli or Beans?

Boy, was I stiff this morning from my strengh training!! How pathetic ;) I've been hitting it hard today tho. Did all the yard work and been putting things away for the season. Dug up/pulled up my corn stalks..those things are buggers. Place looks nice, tho.

HaVe you tried a heating pad on your shoulder? That worked for my other surgery gas.

Okay fellow January bandsters. I've been doing a bunch of self talk and hopefully that will get me going. Today, October 1...I'm changing my eating routine. I'm going to watch the carbs even more, stay away from refined suger, even more. I'm quitting alcohol except for special occasions...if then. I get a little to lax with my summer gin and tonics and now it is time for them to go. AND I'm kicking up the exercise. I've screwed around with these five pounds for WAY to long and it is time for them to go for good!

I am going to make a decision about altering my clothes or donating them. I need to get something that fits one way or another. I have three pair of pants that fit and don't look dopey!

I don't want to be one that will only lose 60%...I want to get to my goal and the only way I can do that is to get with it and not settle for what I've lost. It is a trap...I feel so good and can do so much more...but it isn't enough for me now. I have almost another 50 pounds to lose. So, I'd better get with it.

How about you guys...are we gonna get that scale moving again? Are WE going to get moving again?

Hi Sula,

Today I've decided to get the last 13 pounds off by my birthday November 4th. But, I want to do more strength training...I need to tone up!! I've only had two fills and I don't want anymore (if I can help it), I just want to put in the hard work and discipline. So good luck to you!!!

Be Blessed!

Hey all...

I don't post here much - mostly b/c I feel so far behind all of you with my extra slow weight loss. I struggled my first three months with no restriction. The my first two fills did NOTHING for me for restriction. Then my 3rd did the trick; this past month has been FABULOUS. Then- what seems like in an instant, that great restriction went bye bye last Friday. Don't know how, don't know why. I see my surgeon on Thursday for a follow up. If I put it in my head, that for the little that I'm eating - it probably won't take my excerise to work it off. But - the lazy girl that I am - I HATE workingout. Dear lord, worse than anything. I am the BIGGEST excuse giver I know.

Anyway, glad to see the success you're all having. I'll have to post some pics soon.

Sheri

sherilyn: I'm not a Jan bandster but I wanted to pop in here and say that you are not alone.... fills 2 & 3 I had restriction for 3 weeks.. then BAM a 3-5 days before my next scheduled appointment I would lose it....... fill #4 for me was the trick.... and I've been holding it for 5 weeks! GOOD LUCK!

Hello all!!!! I just wanted to pop in and say I'm still alive. Things have been really hectic for me, I had surgery on my knee 8/22, my house flooded and then last week my grandmother passed away. This has been a lot for me to endure and I really went into a selp pitty mode and ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and how much I wanted. Life has not been that great for me lately. I'm trying to re-focus on my eating healthy and its hard to get back in the mode of eating right. I know I have gained some weight, but not sure how much. My scales got ruined in the flood, so I will have to purchase some more. I think I"m up around 8 lbs.

I get another fill next week so that will help. I am hoping to be able to start putting some weight on my knee next week and once that happens, I can start walking on the treadmill again, I will just have to walk slow at it. The therapy for my knee is a killer, its very rough and painful, but I want to have full use of my knee again, so I'm doing exactly as they tell me.

I will try and check back more often now that I am back at work 1/2 days.

Hi Sunshine2!!!! I know everything will work out for you...you're a champ!

Be blessed!

sherilyn: I'm not a Jan bandster but I wanted to pop in here and say that you are not alone.... fills 2 & 3 I had restriction for 3 weeks.. then BAM a 3-5 days before my next scheduled appointment I would lose it....... fill #4 for me was the trick.... and I've been holding it for 5 weeks! GOOD LUCK!

Hi Tracey! Wow; you've just made my day! I feel like "HOW CAN THIS POSSIBLY HAPPEN?" But is can and it DID. YIKES! I am hoping that when I see my surgeon on Thursday, we can schedule my 4th fill - usually a month out. That would put me right before Thanksgiving - and for that I'm grateful. Being one of those people who don't 'get the full sensation easily' - I think they're really going to have to 'fill 'er up' in my case.

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement.

Hello all!!!! I just wanted to pop in and say I'm still alive. Things have been really hectic for me, I had surgery on my knee 8/22, my house flooded and then last week my grandmother passed away. This has been a lot for me to endure and I really went into a selp pitty mode and ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and how much I wanted. Life has not been that great for me lately. I'm trying to re-focus on my eating healthy and its hard to get back in the mode of eating right. I know I have gained some weight, but not sure how much. My scales got ruined in the flood, so I will have to purchase some more. I think I"m up around 8 lbs.

I get another fill next week so that will help. I am hoping to be able to start putting some weight on my knee next week and once that happens, I can start walking on the treadmill again, I will just have to walk slow at it. The therapy for my knee is a killer, its very rough and painful, but I want to have full use of my knee again, so I'm doing exactly as they tell me.

I will try and check back more often now that I am back at work 1/2 days.

Hey Sunshine!!!

I am so sorry for you loss. As for the 8lbs...just look at is as a 'stress reliever' - and it WILL come off again. I'm sorry to hear about your flooding. Up here in the Northeast, some areas have experienced some of it in recent months. I know how hard it can be.

Wishing you the best.

Sheri

Hey there!!

Sunshine, welcome back and sooo very sorry for your rough time. It seems to always dump in threes so maybe you will have clear sailing ahead. And I wouldn't worry about the 8 pounds...it will probably just fall off

Sheri--everyone has their own journey in this lapband odessey. I know I've had to really work on my self-talk when I've not lost as fast as others, but..I've lost, so I hold onto that. It isn't a RACE!! I look at the longer it takes me gives me more time to address my eating issues and balance in healthy habits. Please, come here and share with us. We all can learn from each other.

Sheila, I'm 13-14 pounds from onederland. I wonder if I can get that off by November as well? Then I still have 30-40 more to go...haven't truly decided where my "goal" weight will be. But it seems like you have the right attitude and you can do it. We just need to change our mindset!!

I've done well the past three days....well, today is just starting. One thing I've pondered,....do you think alcohol relaxes the band or some part down there. I've had more PB issues yesterday..whew....on salad of all things, as squash. I think I was eating to fast, but the other idea just floated through.

Lets Keep GOING

Hello all, I finally was able to weigh, and I was up 5 lbs. I was thinking, for the last 2 months I have been eating whatever and whenever I wanted. I have had nothing but bad stuff for 2 whole months, since August 5th. The beauty of the band is I'm only up 5 lbs!!!! Pre band I would have been up at least 20 lbs by now. I am so happy with the band, I love my band!

I still don't even have the propper restriction. I'm at 3.4 cc's and still can eat whatever I want, I don't have to take small bites or eat slow. I go for another fill Monday October 8th, so this should help jump start me.

Even though I'm up 5 lbs and have not lost 1 single pound in 2 months, I know that with the band I can maintain and I never have to be 200+ lbs again.

Well, I can't wait to start exercising again. I can't wait to be able to walk again and get back on the tredmill or elliptical. Today is 6 weeks since my surgery and I see the physical therapist today, I am hoping they will start helping me walk again.......

Well, will check in later.........

I bet this this is the most excited about a gain you've ever had! I'm glad to hear it's just 5. I pretty much figured. And I would have to say that you probably are NOT eating 'whatever and however much' you want. That's like me saying 'I ate like a horse'. Anything over 1 or 2 cups of food does not = 'like a horse". hehehe

I know, it's mindset.

I'm TRYING, and trucking along.:whoo: