Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I just need to figure out what I need to do to motivate myself now to start exercising.

My advice is "Fake it until you Make it!". Just force yourself to do 10, 15 or 20 min of exercise everyday, hating every minute of it. Eventually you will find yourself doing more and more and then realizing you don't hate it. This is what I did and it really did work.

I agree with Tonya...just start somewhere. I was doing some self talk today, before I got out of bed..thinking..oh I'll skip my 4 mile walk today and just do the stairs at work..yeah right..I know I won't. So, I got up and did my walk and felt terrific. I think this will be the first time that I've will have met my exercise goal of five days a week. So, it only took six months. :eek:

Babysteps, babysteps.

I had a horrible attitude about my workout today too. Had to will myself to the gym. Once I got there I was fine. I downloaded some new songs on my ipod and that helped alot.

The scale has moved - FINALLY. Lost another 2 pounds, weighed in this morning at 172!!!! Yay! My goal since the day of surgery was to get to 169 by the time Ileave for my cruise and I'm getting really close, however, I leave for my cruise in 8 more days! So, I'm not sure I"ll make it, however, I will be close!

I'm taking an appetite suppresant right now to help, its just an over the counter and I only take 1/2 the dosage but it is helping. I also still measure my bandster portion size, I sure don't want to over eat and over stuff my pouch, i'm scared to stretch it.

I've been reading the book "Habits of successful Weightloss patients", its an excellent book. I don't have it with me at work, but I over the weekend, I will try and post some of the biggest things it recommends. ONe thing I though was interesting, it gives you a "cottage cheese test" you can take and by taking the test, you can see how big your pouch is and then you eat only that amount at every meal in order to avoid stretching and to make sure you eaten enough. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to. I will post how to do that as well.

What is the cottage cheese test? I am scheduled for a fill today but I think its really an unfill that I need. I am so confused. One day I can eat anything and the nest day everything gets stuck and I can't eat. I had my 2nd episode of reflux last night and I am irritated. UGH! scale isnt moving and I'm frustrated. I go into see my Dr in a few hours. I am going to ask for a fluroscopy to make sure my bands ok. I am starting to get worried. I'm glad to see your scale move Tonya. I think your body is trying to catch up with your rapid weight loss. I am on week 3 of no movement and I am trying not to get stressed. It is starting to feel like all my other diets. Initial success and then nothing.

Hang in there Renee, I usually don't see movement for 2 to 3 weeks (and it seems the further I am post op, the longer it is getting), then one night I will drop 2 or 3 or sometimes 5 lbs, then I will sit there for weeks, and the same thing happens again. OUr body has a mind of its own and it will decide when we will lose. I know that you get frustrated, but you have lost 60 lbs, that is awesome. The thing I have come to appreciate is, even when I'm not losing, I'm not gaining, in the past I always gained. I'm learning to just live with the results and live my best life. Changes are happening, but slower and I'm learning to just deal with it. If I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do, eating right, exercising, then it has to come off, right? So hang in there!

The cottage cheese test - well, I don't have the book with me to type out the instructions at work, but I will over the weekend to everyone. Its a way you can tell how big your pouch is. Its neat, but I want to be correct when I give the instructions, so I will type it word from word from the book when I get home, either today or this weekend (I rarely touch the computer at home, I'm on it so much at work, but I will get on this weekend).

Not to brag...but...(ok, maybe a little bit proud!)

Last night we went to see Kenny Chesney in concert. I can PROUDLY say I sat in the seat with ROOM TO SPARE! Walked the steps up and down to concession - never lost my breath once! :whoo:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love my band! :kiss2:

These NSV's are more important than what that scale says. hehehe :clap2:

Not to brag...but...(ok, maybe a little bit proud!)

These NSV's are more important than what that scale says. hehehe :clap2:

Girl, BRAG! We all should Brag, No matter how much we've lost, whether ist 5 lbs, or 50 lbs, or whatever, we need to be proud of what we have accomplished. We deserve to be proud! We've waited a long time for success.

I too think the NSV are the very best. One of my NSV is I weigh less than my DH. I am so proud of that. He got on the scale last night and he was up to 188 lbs (he's 6'1") so he's not fat, and I've always hated the fact I weigh more than him. Well now, I'm almost 20 lbs lighter, 16 lbs to be exact. Its just so nice to know that I weigh less than him, makes me feel more like a woman.

Another thing I am happy about, I tuck my shirts in now. Thats another NSV. I would have never dreamed of tucking my shirt in at 248 lbs, my belly hung over, I had to leave them untucked to hide my fat (or so I thought I was hiding it - who was I kidding, everyone knew I was fat!). Now I proudly am a tucker! Yes, I'm a shirt tucker I admit it!

Hey girls,

Sounds like some great victories here!! Tonya, great on getting that darn scale to mind!! And I hear you about the tucking! I am doing it as well and it feel great. I do think I weigh less than my DH now, but I never ask his weight and don't tell him mine. BUT, he grabbed me last night and was pushing me to sit on his lap...I never do that, and he just insisted saying you're fine now!! It still feels sooo awkward!

Sherilynn, way to go. Isn't that terrific. Room in the seat, imagine that. HA

Hey, my own brag...I did 20 miles walking this week, in five days. I made my exercise goals for the VERY FIRST TIME! And I feel, mentally great about it, but my feet and legs are sore and stiff. Oh well...if I keep active today that will be a minimal effect. I did try a jog, but my boobs are too big and it is too uncomfy. I'm going to work on that!!

I can't wait to weigh less than my husband. Thats awesome! Sula, do you walk on a treadmill or outside? How long do you walk at a time? I need to get back to my longer workouts. I am also rethinking an fill or unfill in 35 minutes! What to do? What to do?!!!!

I'm now 20 lbs less then my boyfriend and it feels wonderful. Sunshine, you said it just right, I feel more like a woman now. I also started wearing shorts again last week. First time I've been in shorts in about 8 years. The hellishly hot weather in Houston is much more tolerable if you can dress appropriately for it. But I think I'll need brachioplasty before I can wear sleeveless tops.

<p>I walk outside. I live out in the country and have a dirt road to travel. I have my bestest yellow lab, Mazie, to join me every morning. I go about 1.25 and then drop down a hill. When I get to the 2 mile mark, I do a bunch of squats and lunges (just started that a couple of weeks ago...ouch!) and then walk back up the hill which kicks up the cardio pretty good. And along the way there are birds, irrigated fields and a few horses to talk to! So, I do four miles a day and I think, at least my plan is, to do a five mile (further down the hill and back) power walk day once a week. My DH joins me occasionally but he informed me we have to leave earlier so he can make it to work on time. I usually go about 5:45 or so. I think we need to be on the road by 5:30 so that is okay.</p> <p> </p> <p>I'm stressing already about inclement weather. I do have an elipital in the basement and I'll just have to MAKE myself get after it. I did have a treadmill once..made a lovely plant and clothes rack!!</p> <p> </p>

My walk usually takes me about 65 minutes. I've stepped up the pace quite a bit..used to do 20 minute miles. But I had to work up to faster because I have shinspints that flare up if I walk too fast. So this has worked and no pain from those. Everything else hurts!!! HA

<p>Shawn</p>

Okay, I'm going to do something I never thought I would do, but only because I know my January bandsters won't be judgemental or laugh at me, :lol:. I've finally downloaded my 12 week result pictures. So here it goes. The first pic is the night before surgery, the 2nd pic is 3 months after surgery and the beginning of my BFL challenge, the last pic is the end result. I know I am no walk on the beach, but I am making progress! I'm ready to start my next challenge and see what progress I can make! (right after my cruise). So can you guys see a difference that exercise has done?

post-211109-13813135316257_thumb.jpg

post-211109-13813135316491_thumb.jpg

post-211109-13813135316754_thumb.jpg

Okay, Now for the back shots. I can tell a big difference in my butt, my bathing suit bottoms are saggy at the end of week 12. I still have cellulite, but I think it is shrinking? I hope it goes away, and my belly tones up?

post-211109-13813135316998_thumb.jpg

post-211109-13813135317153_thumb.jpg

Oh my, I can't believe I just posted pictures of me in a bikini on the internet - lol.

I am glad I took a picture in a bikini, not because I think I look good, but you really can see where your improving in a bikini vs just regular clothes. I notice in my before pic, my belly kinda hung over my bottoms, it doesn't do that in my after pic, I wouldn't have been able to see that if I was just in regular clothes.

Well, its late, I'm off to bed...................