Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I am so jealous Sunshine! I want to go on a cruise. I am going to Mexico and on a cruise when I get to goal. You look awesome and thanks for the cottage cheese test. I am not sure I can eat anything fast like that. I went today and had a fill under fluro. My first fluro. My band looks awesome and I got another .5 cc in my band. We'll see how this works.

Its so awesome to see the changes that everyone is experiencing in their lives. Keep it up ladies! We rock!!!!

Yes, I'm so excited about my cruise, even though its my 10th cruise, each cruise is still so exciting to me. I love them. Thanks for your compliments too.

I have not tried the cottage cheese test yet, but will. I probably will do it after my cruise. Hopefully I wont stretch my pouch.

Hi everyone. I went for a fill yesterday with a friend. Long day!! On the way home, I threw up over and over. It was my saliva. I kept burping. I kept thinking it was trapped air and that every burp made me swallow more airand saliva. Kept telling friend I was good. Well, I wasn't. With in an hour, I felt weak and dehydrated. Called doctor and turned around and went back to Mexico. He unfilled, had me drink Water. Turns out there was a glob of that stuff you drink under flouro, stuck and nothing would have ever gone down. I am so glad I went back. He put some in though and I feel good. Had to get back over boarder a 2nd time. Well, as soon as we made it, my friend who had been having gastro problems all day got worse. She was so sick, I had to drive and she had to have someone pick her and her car up at my house. Whew!! What a day.

Dee - yes, its a good thing you went back, you would have been miserable had you not! Saliva is usually a sign something is stuck I hear. I've only slimed 1 x, actually I might have done a few times. I remember it was not fun and nasty.

Just wanted to check in!

I have been doing good.

I was on the tight side, now I am looser, not getting stuck anymore.

I haven't started TOM yet so I have not weighed in again.

I am eating about 1000-1400 calories a day.

I have still not began exercising yet. I am such an all or nothing type of person. I don't do something unless I am going to do it all the way. I also think because I have been integrating so many major life changes. You can only do one at a time.

Exercise is next!!!!

Audree

Hui everyone, I thought i would join this thread I haven't been staying in touch with anyone. I was banded 1-17-07 and have been real pleased with it, went from 289 to today weighing 231. It feels awesome to have 58 lbs off. I never had a fill, and it probably has slowed down my weight loss, I can eat more than I probably should, but the great part is I can't gain weight. No more 20 oz prime rib, and 5 pieces of bread with butter. Soda with refills...

By the way I tried a couple of sips of a diet Pepsi (my former drink of choice) and I suddenly found myself wondering why a drink that made my throat burn, eyes Water, nose itch, and stomach bloat was something I couldn't give up.

When I behave I find I loose a couple of lbs a week, I am considering getting a fill soon and pushing hard for the next three months to reach my goal of having my wieght start with a 1.. Now that's been awhile happy.gif

My only complication has been my gall bladder. Tomorrow I go in for testing to see if it needs to come out. I've been passing gall stones and getting severe pain in my back because of it... at first I thought my back just kept going out, I have had it happen several times in the last 3 months. Agonizing pain, make a baby out of ya... Any one else experience that with their weight loss? I'd be interested to know...<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Bugfather,

Welcome to our little group and congrats on your wonderful success! It is in inspiration. Stick with us, we are a good support group!

I stepped on the scale on monday...was up 6 pounds...stepped on today (after minding my P's and Q's almost 100%) and am down those 6 plus 2...I hate my scale sometime. But I can't stay off the d*@m thing!

No walk this morning..being lazy, and have been struggling with some stress related insomnia. Like a lack of sleep and stewing about crap is going to magically resolve the issues! Are we weird or what?

Anyway, all is well for the most part and I'm feeling a bit more pleased with my progress. My total, today, is 46. Yippee. I can hardly wait for the 50# mark.

Hope you all are doing wonderful!

Shawn

Bugfather....WELCOME!! Sounds like you're really doing well with your band. To lose that much without a fill is fantastic! As for the gallbladder, mine was taken out when I lost 55 pounds about 16 years ago on Nutri-system so can't help you much there. Although I think if you keep reading other threads you'll see that it's quite common after a large weight loss to lose the gallblader also. Keep up the good work!

Shawn....any idea what causes the large amount of weight loss/gain in a matter of a few days? I'm kind of having the same issue and we have a really good set of scales that don't fluctuate at all! Last Friday I weighed and on Monday morning I'd gained a little over 4 pounds! This is Wednesday and I lost 2 1/2 of the four overnight?!?!? I know it's got to be Fluid but where has it all gone? And more importantly....what caused it? Our bodies are such complicated little creatures!

Lisa,

I know you probably have posted this earlier but I was wondering which scale you use? I have a weight watcher scale that if you weigh three times in 3 minutes will tell you 3 different weights! I need one that I can trust. I know I shouldn't be so scale driven, but can't help myself!?#*!

Thanks,

susie

Good afternoon everyone, and welcome bugfather!

I am holding steady at my weight from 171 to 174. This morning the scales were 172. But sometimes they bounce up a few pounds then back down. What I've noticed is I will bounce back & forth for a few weeks,then suddenly drop a few pounds, so I'm hoping that will happen soon for me.

Its been almost 2 weeks since my last fill and I can tell i'm a little tighter today, not much, but a litter. No problems with eating, but can feel the food going thru the band, and usually I cannot. I got full very quickly on a few stips of smoked chicken - about 2 oz of food.

I will be leaving town Saturday morning, but will try and post until then. I won't be able to get online again until I return from my cruise (8/13/07), so you guys don't forget about me. lol.

I will be thinking of all of you while I'm watching the sunrise over the ocean, watching the beautiful blue carribean sea, and feeling the cool fresh carribean air brush my face, laying out by the pool, sipping on my umbrella drink, and listening to the band play the carribean music. ahhhh, yes,life will be good the next 8 days. No work, no phone calls, no computer, only fun and play. :). But again, I will be thinking about all of you!

Well, I'm about to leave work, go home and grill some fish with some cajun seasoning, do a load of laundry and head to the gym, then to wal-mart to pick up some last minute things I need, then pack some more of my bags. Busy evening tonight - talk to everyone later.

Hi ya'll~

Last week I got my 3rd fill and I think its a tad too tight! I was able to swallow Water right afterwards, so I left his office feeling good. Thought perhaps this fill would hit my sweet spot. Before teh fill I had 1.7ccs, I think, in my 4cc band. He pushed me up to 2.0. WELLLLLLLL I got home later and fixed supper and almost died trying to swallow anything. I've never hurt that bad or had that kinda of hurt before. I read some posts,,seeing what others had to say about similar experiences. Lots of folks said after THEY got a fill, it was tight and took a few days to a week or two before it settled down. So,,,I just tried to eat soft things,,no go. Anything with the consistence thicker thatn water sticks in my throat(?) and kills me. It goes down,,,but it hurts like hell. Still,,I was giving it time to 'settle down'. Its now one week after that fill and it hurts as bad today as it did the first bite. I've got an appt in the morning,,wish me luck! hahahaha I was a self-pay, so my fills/office visits for a year are included in my one time fee.

banded 1/29/07

Dr Ken Cleveland-CMMC-Jackson, MS

I will be thinking of all of you while I'm watching the sunrise over the ocean, watching the beautiful blue carribean sea, and feeling the cool fresh carribean air brush my face, laying out by the pool, sipping on my umbrella drink, and listening to the band play the carribean music. ahhhh, yes,life will be good the next 8 days. No work, no phone calls, no computer, only fun and play. :).

Hi Tonya ~

I was on the same cruise you are going on last week, and I can promise you - you are going to have a wonderful time! We did!!!

It was our first cruise, and we will definately do it again. We decided it is THE way to vacation . . .

Have fun and be safe!

Lynn

Tonya,

I do mostly protien, that's what my dr has said to do and if you are still hungery add a green veggie. I try to stick with that but sometimes it gets boring.

I thing I'm going to need a Tummy Tuck when I've lost all my weight, I've been pricing them. A friend of mine at work just had one and I can't wait to see her, she had lapband surgery a year and a half ago.

Has anyone had the hiccups often? Since my last fill I seem to get the hiccups and I wasn't sure if it was something I was doing or what. I was also wondering if it could make your band slip.

Debbie

Banded 1/8/07

h235/c165/g145

Susie, the scale is a Health o meter Profession....Model #349KLX. It's got a small platform that you stand on and the display cord comes out of the base to mount on a wall or set on a table. Since I've gotten this I can get on it 3 or 4 times in a row and it will be within 2 tenths of a pound each time. The 2 that I had before from Wal-Mart (one cheap and one not so cheap!) would weigh up to 5 pounds differently each time you got on it! This one was a bit pricey....my husband ordered it for me online for my birthday, wanting to say it was around $130.00?! Sounds like a lot I know but I love it and would do it again in a second!

Okay, it's late and I'm tired....that was supposed to be Professional instead of profession. Not sure if it would make a difference or not?!

Tonya,

I do mostly protien, that's what my dr has said to do and if you are still hungery add a green veggie. I try to stick with that but sometimes it gets boring.

I thing I'm going to need a Tummy Tuck when I've lost all my weight, I've been pricing them. A friend of mine at work just had one and I can't wait to see her, she had lapband surgery a year and a half ago.

Has anyone had the hiccups often? Since my last fill I seem to get the hiccups and I wasn't sure if it was something I was doing or what. I was also wondering if it could make your band slip.

Debbie

Banded 1/8/07

h235/c165/g145

Do your hiccups come while eating? I've read on here and also experienced hiccups when full. I hiccup really loud now and uncontrollable....it's actually quite funny! When I start with the loud hiccups my boys will say, " that's a sign that the tank is full!" We usually get to laughing so much that I can't eat anyway!!

I've noticed my weight varrries all the time, keep in mind one gallon of Water weighs 8 lbs. we all should be drinking 4 lbs per day of water