Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hey band family!

I am PMSing too!!!! At least I don't feel alone. I have been more hungry than normal too. I am eating much less than I would have pre 3rd fill, but I am surprised that I can eat the way I can. I have heard some people get looser, some get tighter before their periods. I am able to have 1 to 2 cups of food at dinner (1 cup chicken, 1 cup beans).

Today I had 2 scrambled eggs and cheese for Breakfast. lunch was about 1/3 cup of Beans and about 3/4 cup of chicken.

I hope that a little more restriction comes in. I still feel like I am eating a little too much. I don't want to be able to get seconds anymore.

I just need to use a little of that old fashioned will power to try and stick to the bandster rules, 3 meals and Protein first. No ice cream, etc. I also need to slow down in my eating and stop at one serving.

Do things very that much where one day you are restricted and get stuck on everything and other days you can eat a little more? Do you get looser before your period?

Thanks guys!!! Audree

I was wondering how pms affected your restriction?

I have read that some get tighter, some get looser at this time?

It seems a lot of us start to crave things and sweets.

Thanks!!!

Audree

enterprise - you look great! Love the blue on you too.

Well, I'm so frustrated with this fill dr. He is not my surgeon, my surgeon uses the radiology dept to do the fills - he put the exact same amount of fill in me as I had in fill #2, and again, NO RESTRICTION! I always leave the hospital with restriction - mainly because my stomach swells and spasms, but within 2 to 8 hours I lose it!

Here is my history

fill #1 - 2.0 cc's

Fill #2 - 3.0 cc's

fill #3 - 3.5 ccs (he says, but I think he only put 2.5ccs in because when he pulled it out before fill #4, he only pulled out 1.8 ccs - no wonder I was felling zero restriction.

Fill #4 - 3.0 ccs - what an idiot, I had this at fill #2 and it did not work, but yet on the machine, the liquid barely was going thru! I'm so frustrated!

I asked about the Ominque stuff (sp) and they didn't have it - so I just the dr. an email - he wanted me to email him to tell him if this fill was working. I again ased for the thicker stuff and told him that the way he is doing the fills is givine a false reading the xray machine. My stomach swells and it shows I have retriction and I do but only for a few hours. He needs to just keep adding or take it all out and add the thicker stuff. I'm so frustrated I'm about to cry. Plus those darn 5 inch needs he uses do not feel that great. Its really not painful, but the numbing shot does hurt a bit. Plus, I have to take off work to go do, its just frustrating and I let him know about it.

Okay, I'm in such a bad mood today, mainly because of this fill. Plus he puts the same amount of fill back in! What an idiot!%$#&*%$

Well, gotta fun, just dropping in quickly.

enterprise - you look great! Love the blue on you too.

Thanks, Sunshine. Even though I've lost more than half of my weight, I look at the "after" pictures and my first thought is that I'm still incredibly fat. Yes, I look much better than before, but I still have a long way to go. I'm just such a pessimist. A group of my friends had a pseudo intervention with me yesterday about my skewed body image.

Well, I'm so frustrated with this fill dr. He is not my surgeon, my surgeon uses the radiology dept to do the fills - he put the exact same amount of fill in me as I had in fill #2, and again, NO RESTRICTION! I always leave the hospital with restriction - mainly because my stomach swells and spasms, but within 2 to 8 hours I lose it!

I asked about the Ominque stuff (sp) and they didn't have it - so I just the dr. an email - he wanted me to email him to tell him if this fill was working. I again ased for the thicker stuff and told him that the way he is doing the fills is givine a false reading the xray machine. My stomach swells and it shows I have retriction and I do but only for a few hours. He needs to just keep adding or take it all out and add the thicker stuff. I'm so frustrated I'm about to cry. Plus those darn 5 inch needs he uses do not feel that great. Its really not painful, but the numbing shot does hurt a bit. Plus, I have to take off work to go do, its just frustrating and I let him know about it.

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. What kind of fill doctor doesn't have omnipaque?!?!? Do you have to go to this guy? You need someone who will listen to you and work with you. I just got to my sweet spot with my last fill, so I understand your frustration. Without proper restriction, it's almost like the band isn't there and it's tough to stick with the diet and exercise when you're not getting the help from the band that you need. I might have missed this in a previous post, but why didn't you go back to your surgeon?

Hi Enterprise01 ~

I am also a patient of Dr. Spivak and I am wondering if with the little extra fill you notice a huge change in the amount you can eat, or just a small change - ???

I think I need more restriction, but then there are times that I can barely get anything down. But just now . . . I ate about 1/2 a baked potato and some BBQ sausage and brisket - ??? One thing is for sure, my little tool is unpredictable . . .

I asked about the Ominque stuff (sp) and they didn't have it -

Sunshine2 ~ I agree with Enterprise 01. I would really try to get the Omnipaque if you possibly can. For me it has made a world of difference. The saline just didn't hold.

I'll let you know when we get back from the cruise . . . I have got to get started packing!

Hi Enterprise01 ~

I am also a patient of Dr. Spivak and I am wondering if with the little extra fill you notice a huge change in the amount you can eat, or just a small change - ???

I think I need more restriction, but then there are times that I can barely get anything down. But just now . . . I ate about 1/2 a baked potato and some BBQ sausage and brisket - ??? One thing is for sure, my little tool is unpredictable . . .

Yes, going from 3.5 to 3.8 was a huge difference. With 3.5 ccs, I could eat anything and it went right through. At 3.8 ccs, hardly anything goes down. I had a venison snack stick for lunch (it's about the size of slim jim), and I couldn't eat another bite. It feels like it's still in my throat and I ate it more than an hour ago. I have to be very, very careful now. I'm sticking with smoothies and Soup for the most part. solid food is very unpredictable. Some days I can eat a small amount of a solid food and it's fine. The next day I can eat the same thing and it comes right back up. That's been the hardest part for me -- not knowing what's safe to eat from one minute to the next. And as BabyGotBack recently commented on, stress and TOM affect restriction, too, and you don't know which way it's going to go -- tighter or looser. Every day is a struggle trying to figure out what to eat. But I guess that's a better struggle than trying not to eat everything in sight, which is what I was dealing with until this last fill.

I was wondering how pms affected your restriction?

I have read that some get tighter, some get looser at this time?

It seems a lot of us start to crave things and sweets.

Thanks!!!

Audree

It seems to be a little different from month to month, but generally I seem to be looser the few days before my period, but the first 2 days of my period, I'm tighter. Stress from work seems to make it tighter, but when the stress escalates to panic, it gets looser. It's very weird.

Sunshine,

How has the fill gone for you? Feeling any restriction?

I think I'm due for another fill. I'm eating way to much and drinking Water in gulps....bad me!! It is so freeking hot, I can't help it! Okay, I've done venting...I'll get back to some sips. But it is the third week of 100...wheew.

BTW...there is this guy, AZPete...has lost 109 (I think it was that number) in four months. Remember I talked about him before, when he had lost 80 pounds in two months. He runs four miles ever other day. It seems incredible to me.

Shawn

It seems to be a little different from month to month, but generally I seem to be looser the few days before my period, but the first 2 days of my period, I'm tighter. Stress from work seems to make it tighter, but when the stress escalates to panic, it gets looser. It's very weird.

So true!!!! I was loose the last few days but could hardly get any food down at all today. I was able to eat a few bites of oatmeal for breakfast, 3 bites of egg and turkey sausage for lunch and for dinner had to battle to eat a little bit of ponsit (filipino noodles) and chicken. I was almost stuck and food coming up the whole time, but I know I needed the nutrition.

I am just going to drink liquids for the rest of the evening since my throat feels very scratchy.

Today is closer to the restriction I was expecting. It has been two weeks since my fill and I hope I stay closer to the tighter side.

I should be starting my period within a few days.

I've missed talking to you guys sooooo much!! Have been having a hard time signing on the last 6 weeks or so, says I'm logged on but then it says I need to register?!?!!

O.K. First of all, I've spent the last hour reading everyone's posts! Sounds like everyone is doing really well! The band sure can be picky at certain times of the month, and especially when we don't follow the rules. We just got back from the lake, every time we go, the first breakfast I PB on! I think its just excitement and wanting to get out on the Water that makes me not slow down and eat correctly!

My 6 month bandiversary was the 18th....I've lost 72 pounds!! Wish I could say I've dieted but that's not the case. My eating habits have really gotten bad since summer arrived and the kids got out of school. Hoping to get back on track soon but for right now am just enjoying the heck out of this and trying not to get too discouraged when the scales don't drop as fast as I'd like.

Besides all the things Tonya mentioned about the band I can add:

My legs don't hurt,

My back is in place and received a clear check-up from the chiropractor!

It doesn't hurt to get out of bed anymore,

Bracelets and necklaces fit no matter what size they are!

Can get on/off the Seadoos without causing bodily damage,

Don't look for a chair without arms now....actually look for one with arms to see if I fit!! (So far I'm 4 for 4!!)

I love being called skinny!!

I've lost 24 cans of Crisco, 36 packages of Velveeta, and 288 sticks of butter!!!!!

There are so many things that have been positive with the lap-band that I couldn't begin to mention them all!

Above all, I'm healthier and happier than ever before and wouldn't trade this feeling for anything (except for maybe the other 70 #'s to already be off!!).

Thanks to everyone for being there for me.....even when you didn't know it, you were helping!! The times when I was feeling like I was stalled or not losing "fast enough" were the times I could turn to your posts and feel like people understood and it helps to know that others are going through the same thing!

I've missed talking to you guys sooooo much!! Have been having a hard time signing on the last 6 weeks or so, says I'm logged on but then it says I need to register?!?!!

O.K. First of all, I've spent the last hour reading everyone's posts! Sounds like everyone is doing really well! The band sure can be picky at certain times of the month, and especially when we don't follow the rules. We just got back from the lake, every time we go, the first breakfast I PB on! I think its just excitement and wanting to get out on the Water that makes me not slow down and eat correctly!

My 6 month bandiversary was the 18th....I've lost 72 pounds!! Wish I could say I've dieted but that's not the case. My eating habits have really gotten bad since summer arrived and the kids got out of school. Hoping to get back on track soon but for right now am just enjoying the heck out of this and trying not to get too discouraged when the scales don't drop as fast as I'd like.

Besides all the things Tonya mentioned about the band I can add:

My legs don't hurt,

My back is in place and received a clear check-up from the chiropractor!

It doesn't hurt to get out of bed anymore,

Bracelets and necklaces fit no matter what size they are!

Can get on/off the Seadoos without causing bodily damage,

Don't look for a chair without arms now....actually look for one with arms to see if I fit!! (So far I'm 4 for 4!!)

I love being called skinny!!

I've lost 24 cans of Crisco, 36 packages of Velveeta, and 288 sticks of butter!!!!!

There are so many things that have been positive with the lap-band that I couldn't begin to mention them all!

Above all, I'm healthier and happier than ever before and wouldn't trade this feeling for anything (except for maybe the other 70 #'s to already be off!!).

Thanks to everyone for being there for me.....even when you didn't know it, you were helping!! The times when I was feeling like I was stalled or not losing "fast enough" were the times I could turn to your posts and feel like people understood and it helps to know that others are going through the same thing!

Congrats!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

You have done awesome!!!!

How did you do it????

Thanks! Not sure why it's working so well. I haven't done a lot of exercising....for about the first 3 months I was doing Water aerobics and using the treadmill a little bit. Since my 3 boys have been out of school there hasn't been any "dieting" or exercising to speak of. Am going to start being a little more careful this week.....my next doctor appt. is a week from today and would like to drop as much as possible for that! My personal goal in the beginning was to lose 10 pounds a month for the first year. So far, with the exception of a few setbacks, it hasn't been too hard to meet that goal. Gotta love the band!!!!

Thanks! Not sure why it's working so well. I haven't done a lot of exercising....for about the first 3 months I was doing Water aerobics and using the treadmill a little bit. Since my 3 boys have been out of school there hasn't been any "dieting" or exercising to speak of. Am going to start being a little more careful this week.....my next doctor appt. is a week from today and would like to drop as much as possible for that! My personal goal in the beginning was to lose 10 pounds a month for the first year. So far, with the exception of a few setbacks, it hasn't been too hard to meet that goal. Gotta love the band!!!!

That is so awesome!!!! To have that type of goal AND meet it!!!!!

You are truely an example.

I lost only in the beginning with the restriction I had from the surgury. I was also taking these pills called QuickSlim30 that I think helped me lose and took away my appetite. I have not been able to get them since then. But, I have been at a platueau and even gained 4 pounds back in the last few months. I am really loving my new fill of 3 cc's. My appetite is very low and that is saying a lot since I am premenstrual right now and am usually devoring everything in site. I am also not able to eat much right now.

I am hoping to keep this level of restriction.

I have 3 more goals for myself.

Goal #1 is to lose 10 pounds by mid August which would be 1 month sicne my fill. This would put me at 155. I have been very happy at this weight in the past. I could still eat very well and felt comfortable. But, I have never been thin and maintained it for more than a few weeks. So I may proceed to trying to lose more.

Goal #2 is to lose 10 more, in it's own timing but hopefully in a month or two. This would put me at 145. I have also been here and was pretty thin. I only did this once after doing Lindora and as soon as I went off the program, began to gain very, very rapidly. So, I didn't get to enjoy this weight. I was pretty thin at this weight, so I think I would lilke to stay there.

Goal #3 is to see if I'd like to go into unchartered territory and go lower just because I have never weighed lower than 145.

I was heavy in high school, college and as an adult, so this will be really neet!!!!

I know I should add strength training and some more exercise, but I have not had the energy for it.

I just bought some liquid vitamins I had been taking in the beginning, so hopfully the energy will kick in.

Talk to you soon!!!!

Audree,

I think because you have so little to lose, in comparision, that those last few pounds will take a bunch of work. But your goals sound very do-able. You look like you have reached your goal!!

Lisa,

You have done amazing...way to go. You inspire me.

I finally lost two pounds this week, yippee. I thought I was pigging out for the weekend but maybe it melted off in this tremendous heat! Yikes!! I hit the road this morning for my walk. I must always have something to worry about tho...what am I gonna do when it gets yucky out. I mean, super windy, super cold. I worry about keeping my motivation. I don't do as well with my indoor exercise. I'm stressing about it already! I can go out in the rain and if it isn't blizzarding, I think I can do that...but I live on the East slope of the Rocky Mountain Front so we get some pretty horrific winds...and weather. However, all we have now is heat and smoke from the numerous wildfires that are "right next door" so to speak. Ahhh, summer!!