Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I'm finally starting to love my band. Strange things with fill, no restriction - eating anything. Then 2nd fill, restriction, then NO restriction - BACK TO RESTRICTION. This is a daily struggle - the band is not easy for me. I don't have 'average' days. I can't really reply to those questions "What do you eat on an average day". No day is average, just every changing. Today I could barely get down a link of sausage, and a piece of sliced turkey (brought the sausage from home, found out the café had their YUMMY turkey). I have a 'throat' fullness that isn't pleasant. Not an actual 'stuck'…that was this a.m. Ate turkey for Breakfast. Yes…I do eat a lot of turkey, b/c of the Protein - besides, I love it.

It just hit me yesterday when I saw a Lap Band commerical on TV. Thinking; that I was on the couch a year ago…seeing that commercial and thinking…"Wow - wonder what that's all about, and if it could help me". :confused:

…ok enough of my emotional rant for today.

What's this...the second page? Hmmm, have to do something about it.

I stepped up the exercise this week and I'm stiff and sore....owie!! I'm walking four miles an hour and then doing squats interrmittently... I will be adding lunges as soon as I can feel my legs again. :D

I think I had my first PB last night..out of the blue... Eating BBQ'd duck and I probably wasn't paying attention and ate to big of a bite or to many bites in a row. You know how it goes...hungry and in a hurry! It wasn't the worst thing in the world but it sure is an appetite killer. My husband checked on me and as I was telling him what went on he turned green. I never knew he was so sensitive! HA. Periodically in the night I could feel a tightness as if I had something stuck but nothing was there. Phantom restriction? I'm going to do some soft/mushies today, at least until dinner. I don't feel bad but I'm just being careful.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Shawn

Tonya, I just thought of something...you said that they completely filled you up, then removed some.

You could be like me. Any change causes immediate swelling with me that only lasts for a day or two. The first time I got a fill, I thought that it was perfect, and then in about 24 hours, I was completely open again.

Then with the second fill, I knew immediately it wasn't enough. This last time, was better, I actually think I'm getting closer to the correct amount of restriction I need. My surgeon is sneaking up on it, rather then trying to hit it from the start.

(Two more lbs to go, before I'm back to my pre-vacation loss...whew...)

Tonya, I just thought of something...you said that they completely filled you up, then removed some.

You could be like me. Any change causes immediate swelling with me that only lasts for a day or two. The first time I got a fill, I thought that it was perfect, and then in about 24 hours, I was completely open again.

Then with the second fill, I knew immediately it wasn't enough. This last time, was better, I actually think I'm getting closer to the correct amount of restriction I need. My surgeon is sneaking up on it, rather then trying to hit it from the start.

(Two more lbs to go, before I'm back to my pre-vacation loss...whew...)

Chris - I think this is what is happening with me. For example, I remember my very first fill, he filled me up to 1.8cc's and it showed it was tight, then he had me drink some more, then it started going thru the band, he filled me up to 2.0 cc's and again, showed it was tight, then had me drink more - and it showed the stuff going thru quicker. But he left me at 2.0 cc's for the first fill (I think) I've had so many fills lately, I don't where or what I'm doing. lol.

I go Friday for fill #4 - I'm going to suggest he fill me and I come back to see if the swelling has went down. I'm also going to suggest the thicker stuff rather than saline, so we'll see what he says.

Shawn - you go girl - you are the new exercise queen!

Strange things with fill, no restriction - eating anything. Then 2nd fill, restriction, then NO restriction - BACK TO RESTRICTION. This is a daily struggle - the band is not easy for me.

I agree - the band is not easy! Its a daily struggle and it seems it changes EVERYDAY! grrrrrr. But I do love my band, no matter how difficult it may seem at times, I love the feeling of control I have!

Today is my 6 month band anniversary! I'm down to 174lbs - a total loss now of 74 lbs and I have only 29 lbs to go before reaching my goal weight of 145 lbs! My dr. goal weight for me is 155, but I'm shooting for 145!

What have I learned in the past 6 months - or what has happened to me in the past 6 months:

1. I've learned that food is not everything to me, I don't have to be in the clean plate club, I've learned to eat to live, not live to eat.

2. I've learned when I'm stressed, I don't have to eat, I don't have to rely on food to make me feel better. (shopping does just the same - lol)

3. I can now pull ANYTHING out of my closet and it it will NOT be too small, it might be too big, but not too small.

4. I now am starting to like me, I like the way I look, and I don't think I'm that ugly of a person any longer! I'm still critical of myself, but getting better at excepting things that I cannot change.

5. I now LOVE to shop - I hated to shop in the past, nothing fit! Now it is so great to pull something off the size 12 rack and it fit!

6. I love healthy food, I'm not that big of a chocoholic after all - I still love chocolate, but I don't have to have it everyday!

7. I have learned to love exercise

8. I can cross my legs, walk up a hill and squeeze into tiny spaces now!

9. I actually am not the fatest person in a room now.

10. My blood sugar is normal

11. no more snoring - although I still have to sleep with cpap machine - hoping this comes off soon.

12. I've been called skinny!

13. I've had young men checking me out at the gym - even flirting with me! before - they would have ran the other direction. Although I would not act on such a pass (happily married for almost 20 years now), I do find it flattering. :)

14. I'm still learning about the band, but feel like I am in control of my eating, my life and my weight for the first time! I am no longer GAINING weight!

15. My dr. wants to use me as his lap band success patient, he wants to put me on his 2008 calendar he produces every year.

16. I go to the pool and no longer feel like everyone is staring at my fat thighs

17. my cellulite is shrinking

18. I have muscle and definition

19 - i'm stronger, I can lift more, and I can go further than I ever have.

20 I no longer dread activities with my children

21. My family is proud of me

22. I look forward to getting out of the bed in the mornings and getting ready for my day!

23. I'm happy - I love life.

24. My marriage has grown stronger

25, My relationship with my children is better because we can do more things together

26. I am not welcomed in the Lane Bryant store anylong - good bye forever!

27. I wear sexy bras and panties now - no more granny panties and the 6 inch bras straps! I'm just an average C now. 36 C - no more 40 or 42 C's which are so difficult to find.

28. I am more positive with people now, not so negative (probably because I'm so much happier)/

These are just a few things I've learned or accomplished these past 6 months.

Sunshine,

You've brought me to tears - congratulations to you. You are truly an inspiration!!

Sunshine- Happy band anniversary! You have done wonderful and should be so proud of yourself. Congratulations to you! You certainly are an inspiration to all of us. Gigi

Tonya,

You've touched on so many things that we all have suffered from being overweight. I can't tell you how much of an inspiration you are to me personally. I admire your stick-to-it-tiveness and determination. When I have a day that downs me, I can always come here and find a postitive word from you. Thank you for that.

Congrats on your success. I hope that the remaining pounds melt away!!

Shawn

You guys are too sweet! You guys inspire me too! When I'm feeling down and ready to give up, I can always count on my January Bandsters to lift me up and push me to the finish line!

I go for my fill tomorrow - and man do I need it! Last night was the night from hell............I got off work at 5:00, it was 98 degrees outside, and I had a flat. Called DH he came and fixed it, then had to go to grocery store, by the time I got home I was starvin', ate a salad, and still hungry, then had TWO granola bars, bad bad. But that is not the worse of it.....I ended up making a German chocolate bundt cake - you actually put the can of frosting inside the cake (the coconut pecan frosting) and then melt chocolate frosting to go on top, anyhow, had a slice of that and a glass of milk. I was miserable last night. I am also on my monthly so that is not helping. My DH was like are you sure you still have the band. I was eating like there was no tomorrow. So, I had no self control last night, didn't even exercise, I was tired and cranky.

I am feeling much better today and I think I've got myself under control again. lol. But I need a fill! Badly! So tomorrow morning is the day and I can't wait, I just pray I get some restriction - fast! I just can't believe I have 3.5 ccs and still can eat a freaken' horse.

Well, I have a busy day today at work, I have a big conference call I have to get ready and prepared for today, so I better sign off and get busy. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

You said 'bad, bad'…isn't it funny how different we view things post-band? I was SO upset with myself yesterday with what I ate by mid day, I emailed my Mom.

Breakfast: seafood salad

Snack: 1 plum, 1 brownie (I'm pmsing!!!)

Lunch: 1 sausage link, and a slice of turkey

Snack: 1 piece of australian chocolate (PMS again…)

She wrote back SO disgusted with me! Lol She said "Sheri…are you kidding me? Just think of what your day would have looked like PRE band, as far as food, and quantity - ESPEICALLY pms!!!

It's all relative I suppose.

So even when I think I'm doing 'bad'…I'm really not. I just might not be doing as good as I should be.

Sheri - mom's always knows best! Your mom is so right! Pre band I would have eaten the entire cake! And still would be eating it today. I certainly would not have stopped with 1 slice. Thanks for sharring your mothers wisdom!

You girls are funny. And I think there must be something in the air...eating way too much the last two days. The irony is that it IS still less that I (we) could put away pre-band! The whole cake, indeed!!

Shawn

Hello to my band family! How is everyone doing? Well, I finally got off my plateau and was down 2.5 pounds today. Thank goodness because I was getting very frustrated. It is even that time of the month again(I'm due tomorrow). Anyway, It is amazing how my weight affects my mood. I was so much happier today. I hope everyone is well.

Sunshine- Good luck to you tomorrow when you get your fill. I'll be thinking of you! Take care- Gigi

Sunshine - I went from 3.5 ccs to 3.8 ccs and it made a world of difference. At 3.5 everything went right through and at 3.8 I can barely keep anything down, so let us know how it goes for you.

Here are my before and after pics. The before pics (the first 2 below) are from 2 days after surgery and the after pics (the last 2 below) were taken today. I'm down 55 pounds in 6 months. I'm 45 pounds from goal.

post-213100-13813135273788_thumb.jpg

post-213100-13813135274022_thumb.jpg

post-213100-13813135274218_thumb.jpg

post-213100-13813135274383_thumb.jpg