Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

It's so good to hear from everbody! I miss all the camaraderie on here. It really makes all the difference to be able to talk with people who've had the same experiences. That's why I go to my support group meeting every month. I'm also super lucky enough to have a friend who is banded also.

Anyhoo, today I am going to the gym! Ok, so I said it, now I have to do it! I did go out yesterday and bought some new workout clothes, so I no longer have that excuse. I feel a little sheepish going back in since it's been so long, but I know no ones cares about that. Send positive motivating vibes my way! I'll report back later :)

Yeah, I do notice that I haven't heard from any of my old buddies!

I am going to be checking in at least a few times a week.

I started drinking black tea. It is supposed to help with weight loss too, so I am going to give it a shot.

I go for my fill next weekend.

How is everyone?????

Audree

Hello January Bandsters! So good to see everyone checking in!!!!!! I went for fill #3 FINALLY today. YAY! He looked at my band thru flouro and everything is perfect condition. He filled me COMPLETELY shut then had me drink and barely let anything out to see where I should be at. We ended up at 3.5 cc's. I ate two chicken nuggets and was full - not the best choice to eat, but was on the run and hungry. He told me to take it easy to see what I could tolerate. I had no problems with the chicken so I guess I'm doing okay. Time will tell if this is the right fill or not.

I love checking this thread to see where I will hopefully be at 6 months... Sunshine you have done simply AMAZING! and Audrey I had wondered where you went after the wedding....

Sunshine did it feel weird when you were totally filled?

I just got fill #2 on Monday and now am at 2.75 and I can definately tell a difference.. I just hope the scale follows.

Thanks everone for continuing to post........ :confused:

Hello January Bandsters! So good to see everyone checking in!!!!!! I went for fill #3 FINALLY today. YAY! He looked at my band thru flouro and everything is perfect condition. He filled me COMPLETELY shut then had me drink and barely let anything out to see where I should be at. We ended up at 3.5 cc's. I ate two chicken nuggets and was full - not the best choice to eat, but was on the run and hungry. He told me to take it easy to see what I could tolerate. I had no problems with the chicken so I guess I'm doing okay. Time will tell if this is the right fill or not.

Wow Sunshine!!! I am still waiting to hit the sweet spot. I am at 2.4 cc's in a 4 cc band and have never had good restriction. I am going for my third fill next Saturday.

I am a little scared but I know I need to get my head used to the idea of eating so little and chewing well, which I don't. I gulp down what ever I want.

Did you feel restriction at 3 cc's? I am wondering where they will fill me to and how I will feel? I want to lose 20 more pounds.

Audree:clap2:

I love checking this thread to see where I will hopefully be at 6 months... Sunshine you have done simply AMAZING! and Audrey I had wondered where you went after the wedding....

Sunshine did it feel weird when you were totally filled?

I just got fill #2 on Monday and now am at 2.75 and I can definately tell a difference.. I just hope the scale follows.

Thanks everone for continuing to post........ :)

Hi Tracy!

After the wedding I started working for my mom. Long story short, I am not working anymore. It is so hard to work with family.

So, I am going to have more time to check in!!!!

I hope my next fill gives me my sweet spot!!!

I am going to stay around town so I can make sure I am where I need to be. My last fill, they had me do the "toast test" where I was able to eat a piece of dry toast. Then, they had me go to a taco stand and have carne asada. I should have asked for a little more, but I opted to sneak up on the sweet spot.

Hi all,

It is so nice to hear from all of you. I hope more 6-month-ers will do the same. I also think this is a great place for motivation and accountibility. Stick with us!!

I've got to blow my own horn...I walked 12.5 miles last week on my walks. I took today off because I'm just pooped. It was 104 here yesterday and just being busy with everything, work, exercise, household, training horses, irrigating, I just wore myself out. Jeez...when I look at my list, no wonder!!

Anyway, I feel like I've gotten into an exercise routine finally. My DH is going to school all next week, so I was thinking about doing some restrictive "dieting" like just doing liquids for that time frame. I'm stalled out again, probably from the exercise shock...and need to jumpstart my body a bit. At the support group that I have gone to, one of the old timers said he would go back to a liquid diet for a time to get off a plateau.

Hope all are having a great weekend.

Shawn

I just wanted to come by and say hello!

I am still sticking to hard Protein and keeping hydrated.

I had eggs and some imitation crab for Breakfast with a side of Beans and cheese, with salsa (South Beach Diet friendly)

I have had about 40 ounces of Crystal Light with lemon squeezed in.

I have had my daily Vitamins, Cell Wise (Herbalife supplement) and Total Control (Herbalife appetite suppresant).

I went to Sams and bought some Light Laughing Cow cheese, more imitation crab. I want to try the Parmesan crusted Tilapia to that I heard someone bought at Sams.

I am doing the South Beach Diet again and integrating it with my bandster rules of hard protein first and veggies or a side of beans.

I am feeling good and looking forward to my fill next weekend.

How are you all doing?

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. Audree you look great. Thanks for the pic and update. Tonya I'm starting to really get into the exercising thing.. I know you are doing a challenge, is there a link or could you tell me a little more about it? I have been eating too much, or at least the wrong things, I have to get back on track. I actually got up at 5:15 this morning to go the the club to walk. I've been really depressed and haven't been taking care of myself. The scale has been stuck for this whole month since we lost my daughter. I don't think I need a fill just more discipline....:help:

Thanks all,

Sue

I am glad to hear from you Sue, I have been thinking about you and hoping that you are doing okay.

Don't be too hard on yourself . . . When I lost my sister in January of 2006 it was all I could do to function, much less make good choices regarding eating healthy and exercise. That will come, for now take care of you and let yourself grieve your beautiful daughter.

Thinking of you,

Lynn

Tonya,

What is the BFL workout? I joined this site several months ago, but haven't been on in a while. I was banded on 1/8/07 and I've currently lost 65 pounds, but I seemed to have stalled were I am. I've been exercising alot, but am always looking for something good. Thanks!

Debbie

Banded 1/8/07

4cc band

235 highest

170 current

140 goal

Hello all - I've been so busy, just have not had time to get online...so I'm dropping a quick note to update ........

Susie - I remember you saying that your daughter was your biggest cheerleader, and I know she would want you to be healthy and strong - so do it in her rememberance! Her kids need you so be strong and healthy for them. I truly feel for you and I know how bad I imagine the loss to be is knowhere near as bad as it is, I am sure it is 100 x worse than we all could imagine. Your constantly in my prayers.

Debbie - I would recommend buying the book, body for life by Bill Phillips, you could also log into the website, bodyforlife.com. The program is intense but you will see great improvements with your body.

Well, I got another fill on Friday - raised me up to 3.5 cc's and I feel absolutely no restriction, I actually feel less than I did at 3.0 cc's. I called the dr. back yesterday and I think they are concerned. They are scheduling me for an upper GI which I have in the morning. I really hope my band is okay! I am also very nausiated. The good news, I'm down another 2 lbs - probably because I feel so nausiated to eat. On the flouro, they could see nothing wrong with my band,it looked to be in perfect condition, so I'm hoping that I'm just a weird case and just need a larger fill than normal. So, I should know tomorrow more about my situation.

Babygotback - so good to hear from you again, you were really missed!

Jen - 50 lbs is great - CONGRATS!

Shawn - good job on exercise!

TracyinKS - check in anytime! Your doing pretty good yourself. You know, I really didn't feel that weird being completely closed up, I think I'm just a weird case and I don't feel the things that most people feel. I don't PB - I can eat ANYTHING, I can eat big bites of food, I can guzzle Water down, - even though I can do these things, I don't. I try and make healthy choices, and measure my food out, and eat only what a bandster should eat. I might just be a lucky one and have no problems with eating big bites. So I don't know if I should be concerned or feel happy? I'm just so confused right now - after tomorrow and my upper GI, hopefully that will put me more at ease.

2nd fill last week has me in shape. Can't get away with all I was getting away with. I've not gotten on the scale; will do so tomorrow. Would like to see some sort of a loss! We'll see...slow and steady will win me the race, right?

Hi Sherilyn ~

I am curious about what you said because I feel the exact same way . . . I am going in for my third fill this afternoon because I feel I am 'getting away with too much' too. I can't eat that much, but probably have not been making good choices and as a result haven't lost an ounce in forever.

How did your last fill make a difference? How do you feel now?

Thanks,

Lynn

Hey Lynn....

Sorry for the LATE reply...I need to get more motivated to come visit you all more often!

What I mean is that I was eating - anything - I wanted. Not to the point where I felt stuffed...but I did eat wrong. Wrong choices for sure. Now, being 'more' restricted, but not idealy restricted - I feel better having the reigns of the band pulling me back.

Hi Everyone! I know I've been missing in action. Partially because I wasn't doing to well. I reached a 50 lb loss, and then was stuck. Then I started yo-yoing back and forth. So, I decided enough was enough and that I needed a fill. If you remember, I knew that I needed one, but was trying to hold off until after my vacation which was last week. Unfortunately, my surgeon was booked up until yesterday. Which was my first day back from vacation.

I went ahead and went in...especially after I came home yesterday morning, got on the scale, and realized that my two lb yo-yoing had blossomed into a 7 lb gain.

Although I didn't get my fill until late last night (they have appointments up to 9pm), I still was down 2 lbs this morning.

Hopefully after being on liquids for a day or two, I can shake most of the gain I picked up on my cruise, family reunion, and added on trip to Orlando. Yes, I was traveling for a while. LOL So, I've spent the past several hours trying to catch up on everything. I've been absent for almost a month now, and hadn't realized it. Just really busy with family, friends, birthdays (mine included) and then the vacation.

So, I just want to thank all of you who are continuing to check in, through your good moments, as well as your bad. It is very encouraging, and it helps the rest of us to know that we are not alone.

Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. My prayers are with you and your family.

RMS, my band day buddy, I was waiting to see if you checked back in about what your situation. How are you doing? Did you have to get a slight unfil? Is everything okay? Let us know.

To everyone else, I'll try and do better about checking in myself...I actually fill some restriction now, hopefully my weight loss will get back on track.

Sunshine - I hope everything is OK with your band. Please let us know what's going on as soon as you can.

I have to admit I'm having a very rough time since my last fill. Nothing stays down except Soup, brownies, and Cookies. Needless to say, I'm not losing weight since I resort to the brownies and cookies more often than I should. Also, because I know nothing will stay down, I've gotten into this bad habit of eating whatever I want and then PBing all night long. Last night I had about 4 bites of chicken Pasta parmesan and PB'd 6 times. I know I have to stop doing this or I could end up with a slip. I really don't want an unfill since this is the first time I've really had restriction.