Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I am posting to bump us back to the 1st page!

I have been having a hard time lately and if it continues I may ask to get a fluroscopy. I can't seem to get food down for some reason. liquids and Soup work fine but food causes me to throw up. My last fill was on 5/9 and I seem to be getting tighter. I am on liquids to get the swelling down from the throwing up. If it isnt better by next week I am going in. Ugh! I don't want to get an unfill but I dont want to lose my band either. I am wondering if the stress of getting stuck is making me tighter. Maybe I will try warm liquids before I eat food. NOt sure whats up but it has me worried.

Hey Renee! :) Take care of that band, girl. And yourself! It's better to be unfilled for awhile, if need be, than to lose it altogether. If all you can keep down is liquids, then something is not right. The stress could be irritating things a little bit. Hang in there!

maria

Here I am for my post of the day. I've decided to start counting calories again. I thought I could get away without it, but time and the scale are telling me a different story.

I've been really trying to pay attention to my stopping signs. They include a deep sigh, hiccups, and crazy gurgling. The deep sigh is so wierd, but it does happen a lot. I just find I uncontrollably have to take a deep breath and it sort of hitches as I exhale. Anyone else? Something else wierd happened the other day -- I can't remember exactly what it was, but I knew it was a "hey dummy, quit eating!" sign. :)

Hope you all are doing well. I am trying to motivate myself to hit the gym tomorrow, but it's SO HARD to get started!

Maria

Loser- Hey, just checking in on you, did you start the exercising on Friday?

Juno - Congrats on starting a family, that is great! I get a deep sigh too or hiccups when I'm full. When I start hiccups, I immediately put my fork down. I know I better not take another bite!

Gigi - Yay!!!! Congratulatins on hitting the 1/2 mark, I know you are thrilled!!!!!

rms - the band is not supposed to make you throw up, sometimes just the slightest unfill will make a world of difference. So don't think its a bad thing getting an unfill, sometimes the unfill will ease up on your stomach and then you can get another fill. So don't go too long throwing up, take care of yourself.

I've been sitting at 178 and bouncing to 180 or even 181. I haven't lost weight since June 12th, but I'm okay with it. I usually go a few weeks and not lose, then all of a sudden I drop 3 to 5 lbs. I'm getting closer to goal, only 33 lbs, so I know the weight loss will slow down (and has). I'm continue to exercise daily, I'm on my 9th week of the BFL challenge. I'm proud of myself for FINALLY going to finish this challenge! I'm not seeing the changes in my pictures as much as I had hoped, but my DH tells me he can see major changes. I'm hoping when I take my 12 week pics, there will be more changes and maybe I will get brave to share then with you. They are me in a binkini, it is very scary. lol. But I'm glad I took them in the bikini because I can see some of my cellulite disappear, I can see my stomach roll that was rolled over my bottoms, now it doesn't - you couldn't even see my belly button in my before pic, and now at 8 weeks, you can see it and my belly is no longer rolling over my bottoms.

I haven't been able to check in as much lately, life is so busy, I haven't even been updating my journal as much. I am really going to try next week to make some time to update my journal.

Well, I have a busy weekend so not sure if I will be able to check in, so everyone have a great weekend.

It's me again. Where on earth is everyone?!?!

Today DH and I are planning an hour long walk for this evening. It's a perfect day here in Michigan -- I'm looking forward to it. I'm off work today and trying to finish crocheting a baby hat for a friend of mine. I finished a matching blanket two weeks ago, but it really burned me out. I need to finish because I wanted to make my sister something for her baby shower coming up 7/29.

So far, so good today. My BP is holding steady 3 days off the meds. I will have to check what the half life is... it may not be completely out of my system yet.

Maria

rms - I'm in the same spot as you with a little too much restriction. Almost everything comes right back up. Wednesday I had 3 small bites of Pasta salad before leaving work, thought everything was OK even though I had a little discomfort, and ended up pb'ing while driving home. Yuck. I haven't pb'd since then and I'm being very, very careful with what I eat (mostly Soup and crackers). I'm sticking with this level of fill until I lose another 10 pounds. I'm guessing that if I lose another 10, then I'll also lose some restriction, too. If that's not the case, I'll go get an unfill at that point. I don't want to live in constant fear of eating and pb'ing, but I can tolerate this for another 2-3 weeks. And to think just last week I was worried about the possibility of never having enough restriction. Just goes to show what a difference .1 or .2 ccs can make.

Sunshine - Please post the pictures. You're such an inspiration to all of us with your dedication and hard work. I really admire your ability to stick with the exercise. I'm sure you look better than you think, and if that's the case, don't you want all of us to tell you so?

Sunshine - Please post the pictures. You're such an inspiration to all of us with your dedication and hard work. I really admire your ability to stick with the exercise. I'm sure you look better than you think, and if that's the case, don't you want all of us to tell you so?

Okay - I might post them, but only after I finish the 12th week - I'm on my 9th - so we'll see how it goes.

Yes, it sure is quiet around the January Bandsterland lately - where are my Band twins? Where are my band buddies?

I went to my doctor today for a 6 mo check up (It was actually 5 mos, but he calls it a 6 mos check up) He wrote my name down for his 2008 calendar and wants to see me in September, they want to do a photo shoot of me in October to go in the calendar. I am still reluctant to do it, one reason, I know someone will see it and my secret will be out - so I'm still debating, am I ready to come clean? Or am I still going to keep it a secret - this is going to be something I will have to take some time to think about. I've got until September to decide.

Hi Gang,

I'm still plugging along altho I didn't do any exercise this week. Just felt really tired and then yesterday, sick. I'm still doing basics and eating properly and the scale is moving in the right direction. I'm giving myself the talk to get motivated to start walking again.

There was an interesting thread on this General discusion group of a lady who was recounting her second bandiversary. You should read it. She lost 90 the first and then slipped into some old patterns...and lost 22 or sometime the second year. She is talking about how you need to make some lifelong changes. It was good to read! She has sometime like 30 more to lose and was feeling like she'd never make it.

Thanks to all of you who keep writing and keep me motivated. I really do appreciate it. I think this support is soooo important!

Have a good one.

Shawn

Hello!

Today was GREAT! A friend of mine called and wanted to go walking. We walked for almost 90 minutes! It's so nice to have someone to gab with -- it makes the time go by so much faster. I now have two walking buddies. I plan to see them both at least once a week (schedules don't really permit more than that). It felt really good to get out there and sweat. Not to mention it was a gorgeous day. The only thing is that the balls of my feet are killing me! I think it was the socks. Isn't that funny? I hope it passes quickly!

Late check in for me today. How's everyone doing?

I am so sore from my marathon walk yesterday. My back and calves were killing me, so I just rested today. Tomorrow I'll be hitting the streets once again.

I kinda bought me a little present today too -- a new ipod. I'm so gonna be in trouble when DH gets back from Vegas!

Maria

Maria - I love my IPOD. I have some fun songs downloaded on it and when the beat picks up on the IPOD, I try and step it up on the treadmill. You deserve this present!

Good Job on walking - it down sound like a marathon walk - 90 minutes, WOW.

Shawn - I'm going to go search for that aritcle. I love reading post by bandsters who have been banded for 1 year or more. I love to read their experience. We can all learn from their mistakes, that is the beauty. I tell me kids - a stupid person does not learn from their mistakes, a smart person learns from their mistakes, but a WISE person learns from others mistakes.

Its Monday, I feel great, I feel skinnier but the scales say I'm up 1 pound, go figure? I really don't care, I just feel good!

Hello everyone! I hope that everyone is well.

Marie- Congrats on the 90 min. walk- that is awesome. Once you get back into exercise you realize just how good you feel when you do it. Best of luck to you on starting a family!

Tonya- I know they say that the scale doesn't lie, but sometimes it isn't accurate. I bet that you're just retaining a little Fluid. You are doing so GREAT. I am so happy for you. You are almost at goal. That is AWESOME! I am so proud of you! How is your back feeling?

I am doing well, but I stayed the same this past Friday.TOM came to visit this weekend, so hopefully by the end of the week I will notice a drop on the scale. Have a good night, I have to go out for a walk. Gigi

Hi all!! Is anyone else having trouble with LBT? I've been trying to post for about 8 days and when I get in here it keeps making me log in, over and over again!?!?!

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Wish I could get myself motivated to get out and exercise. Days are starting at 5:30 and don't get in for supper until 9:30 or later.....life on a farm during hay season!!

I've hit 66 pounds now, have stayed there for a few weeks and am a bit discouraged. I know, it's still a lot, but when it stalls it brings back to mind all the other diets that got to a certain spot then stalled! I've started keeping track of calories again to make sure I'm not going overboard....today was 1075 calories, 67 grams Protein, 42 grams of fat....how does that compare with what you guys are eating these days?

Better go, hay to rake tomorrow before the rain comes in!

Hope all is doing well, will try and get on here as soon as it rains!

gigi - thanks for asking - my back is doing much better. I went to the dr. on Friday and he did some pressure point treatment, it was very painful at the time, but man did it make it feel so much better later.

5jacks - yes, I'm having major issue with LBT, I have to log in everytime too. I hate that!

I went to a Water aerobics class last night, it was so much fun! I had my usual workout, but then decided I would do the water aerobics, and I'm feeling it today. The ladies were very nice and I enjoyed the class. I think my daughter and I are going to start attending the Monday night class.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

Shawn - I read the article, it was great. It amazes me that people eat around the band, but I think we all will face that eventually, so her story is great for all of us to read. And great advice on what NOT to do.

I feel a lot like her, the band helps me NOT GAIN, when I have splurgedin the past, it forced me to stop, and I can see its a great tool. However, in order to lose, you have to work with the band.