Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hey every 1 still doing well just got my 3rd fill the other and have great restriction now. I hope you all are doing awsome!!

Well my bandster buddies I made it to onederland today, but it was bittersweet. My daughter, Pam, who was only 31 passed on Thursday. She was my biggest cheerleader. She herself was always slender and athletic. I found her and I felt that my world had ended. We think she probably had a heart attack as she had 2 small heart attacks in March. She leaves behind 3 children, her father and I, and her brother Jonathan. She will be missed... If you would like to see how wonderful she was her picture is on the funeral home website of Sujkowski.com.

Sue, My deepest sympathies go to you and to Pam's family at this sorrowful time. She was a beautiful daughter. She seems way too young to have passed from a heart attack, but I know this sort of thing sometimes happens. Please take care of yourself and at the same time, allow yourself to grieve your loss of your beautiful one. If you have a local "compassionate friends" chapter, I would recommend joining. That is a group that offers help and support for parents that have lost their children. Unfortunately I know this from my own experience.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Terry

Hello imsusie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I went to the website and she is beautiful...God bless you all.

Well my bandster buddies I made it to onederland today, but it was bittersweet. My daughter, Pam, who was only 31 passed on Thursday. She was my biggest cheerleader. She herself was always slender and athletic. I found her and I felt that my world had ended. We think she probably had a heart attack as she had 2 small heart attacks in March. She leaves behind 3 children, her father and I, and her brother Jonathan. She will be missed... If you would like to see how wonderful she was her picture is on the funeral home website of Sujkowski.com.

sue - you have been on my mind all day - I hope your doing okay. I didn't know your daughter - but I am so saddened by her death, 31 is so young, and my heart is breaking for her young children. I read all the nice things that so many people said about her on the website, she sounds like such a wonderful, loving mother, friend, daughter.

Please let us know how you are doing. I know Pam would want you to be strong and healthy - you said she was your biggest cheerleader.

Hey Sue,

Just got to read the news and I wanted to offer you my sympathies and support. I cannot imagine. Hang in there and know that we are here for you. I'm sure that you will have plenty to do in the days coming. Keep in mind that you are important too and you need to take care of yourself as well.

Shawn

Thank you to all my band family. Your kind words have meant so much to me. You have been her with me through thick and thin. It really means so much. I talked to the coroner today. She said that my daughter died of a heart arythmia. When I found her she looked as if she was just sleeping. She didn't look like she suffered at all. That is bringing us some comfort. Again my friends, thanks so much for your support.

Sue - just know that we are here, whenever you need to talk, vent, or just pour out your frustrations! You have a difficult road ahead of you.

I lost my brother 15 years ago, he was murdered at 21, my mom struggles with it, time has made it a bit easier, but never erases the pain. Parents are not made to burry thier children, its not suppose to happen that way.

This brings me to a question - from time to time, we deal with stress, now that you have the band, how do you deal with stress January Bandsters?

I've been dealing with a little stress myself lately with my 16 year old, I want to run to the oreos, or I don't eat at all - two very big extremes. How do you handle it? How do deal with it?

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Yes, I seem to be or get tighter during stressful situations, which in turn makes me eat less. Oh I usually make up for it a week or so later but during that time definitely eat less. When my friend died a few weeks ago I lost about 6 pounds that first week alone! Have been able to eat better again until today.....I'm watching her children today while the dad's at work.....it's hard, the little girl doesn't want to leave my side. Maybe that's why I wasn't able to eat Breakfast this morning, everytime I see the kids it makes my tummy tighten up!

Sunshine,....It's funny, one of my 7 year old twins came up to me while I was reading Sunshine's comment about Oreo's.....had one in his hand and wanted to know if he could give it to me so he could have a homemade sugar cookie! I was a good girl and told him he could throw it away instead!!

Hope all is doing well today.

Sunshine,....It's funny, one of my 7 year old twins came up to me while I was reading Sunshine's comment about Oreo's.....had one in his hand and wanted to know if he could give it to me so he could have a homemade sugar cookie! I was a good girl and told him he could throw it away instead!!

Hope all is doing well today.

Lisa - too funny. I love Oreo's - its my favorite cookie, I could (or used to) eat an entire bag of them, with a glass of milk. Whenever I was stressed, sad, or just wanted to munch, I loved to buy a bag of oreo's, some cold milk, pull of the bra and let the girls loose, and put on a big t-shirt and shorts, rent a good movie, and crawl in bed with my oreos. It always made me feel so good - until the next morning, when I had an oreo hangover. lol.

I'm now learning to lean on different things durring stress and not my oreos. I read, I head to the gym and jump on the treadmill. I think the workers work the front desk must think I'm crazy - sometimes I'm there 3 different times, I find it relaxing to take a walk on the treadmill these days. They've even commented, "back again?".

The inches seem to really be falling off this week, I am getting so many comments from people telling me how skinny i'm becoming. I still see a fat lady starring back at me at times, and I'm always shocked when I try something on, thinking it will still be too tight, and it turns out to be too big. But it is a good feeling. I'm not as worried anymore about whether the band will work or not, I am not even obsessed with the scales as much lately. I didn't even weigh this morning - which usually is a struggle for me not to step on the scales.

Mornin' January Bandsters - where is everyone? I'm lonely!

Hi all,

Just checking in. Had a tough week and battled, sometimes not too successfully the feel-good eating..no oreos, but some brownies. I'm back on track but and still craving some sweets. Funny how stress affects us?

I bought some new tennis shoes and went for my 3 mile walk on Monday...ended up with blisters and haven't walked since then. I think I will be able to tomorrow morning. I haven't had time to go to the store to get some better bandages or moleskin, but I will take care of it. I need my walk.

Going to my parents for the weekend and fathers day. Really looking forward to it and have no concerns about eating the wrong things. I'm actually doing very well when I am away from home.

Hope all are doing well. OH..the good news. I stepped on my erratic scale on Monday and it registered 40 pounds lost. So I'm feeling pretty good.

Shawn

Hi all,

Just checking in. Had a tough week and battled, sometimes not too successfully the feel-good eating..no oreos, but some brownies. I'm back on track but and still craving some sweets. Funny how stress affects us?

I bought some new tennis shoes and went for my 3 mile walk on Monday...ended up with blisters and haven't walked since then. I think I will be able to tomorrow morning. I haven't had time to go to the store to get some better bandages or moleskin, but I will take care of it. I need my walk.

Going to my parents for the weekend and fathers day. Really looking forward to it and have no concerns about eating the wrong things. I'm actually doing very well when I am away from home.

Hope all are doing well. OH..the good news. I stepped on my erratic scale on Monday and it registered 40 pounds lost. So I'm feeling pretty good.

Shawn

Shawn - okay - so you had some brownines, the good thing is your back on track - no problems, except fighting the sugar demons off. When I eat sweets, it makes me want more.

I do better too when I'm away - especially when I'm away from work. I seem to eat more at work, probably because we go out to eat a lot, I eat less when I'm at home or running around on weekends.

Congrats on 40lb loss!

Somedays I just pop onto the site and read other threads. I was just reading one from a lady who was upset and having serious reconsiderations about having gone thru with the LB because in 2 months she's only lost 35#.

Another was someone who wanted a band but was afraid of all the changes, self-image, eating, obsessing about food, hiding behind weight....

My point, I guess, is that it brings back to when I first started this journey and my thoughts and expectations. I remember the panic-y feeling when I was actually considering the band..and some of the hopelessness that I'd been dealing with regarding my unending weight issues. I've not had ANY regrets at all. But do get frustrated when the weight leaves at it own sweet time. I just tell myself to get over it and get on with the journey. I want to be like Sunshine and 5jacks...but I know, too, that I don't work out as hard as they do...and I could. I'm envious at times, but wouldn't diminish your success in any way and actually turn it into inspiration.

Just some passing thoughts to share. It is interesting to read about others journey.

Shawn

Today is my sons birthday and mine also. That's why I haven't been on here today! Had some errands to do this morning so did those, then grabbed lunch and took the boys to the park for a little bit.

I'm still battling to lose my next 5 pounds. Usually don't lose much for 3 weeks and then drop 10 in a week.....my week can start anytime now and I'd be happy!

Sounds like you guys are doing really well on weight loss! I also crave the sweets, made Cookies to take to the lake and not sure if there will be any left or not! Did ya know they taste better frozen than fresh?!?!

Better go, hopefully when we get back from the lake on Monday the scales will be kind to me!