Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I check this site a couple of times a day for the simple reason that it motivates me. And I also think it is part of my pay it forward to help motivate others. It also provides some humor at times! And this is my support group, which helps keep me on track. Someone said here, that a suport group enhances your success at WL. So, I'm going to use this to get to my goals.

It think it would be great for all the january bandsters to post on their six month anniversary. I recall the one year for a group last year and it was very inspiring.

Shawn

Shawn - I agree with you, I am always looking at this site a few times a day (i try and limit myself because I do have work to do, lol). It is a great motivator!

I think it would be great for us to post on our six month anniversary too! I know before I was banded, I was searching for positive post and wished more people would post about their 6 mos, or 1 year and offer advice. So I feel like I owe it to the pre-bandsters to tell my story, so I'll post on my 6 month anniversary and I'll do it on the 1 year too! Great suggestion!

I remember reading this http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/new-4-months-post-op-my-story-24615/ and I saved it in my favorites so I could go back and read it from time to time. It was inspiring to me as a pre-bandster and I couldn't wait to get to where this lady was! I was searching for long term bandsters too, and everyone said that they are out enjoying their life, so I promised myself that I would be active on the board as a long-term bandster so others could be inspired. So I plan on sticking around for awhile and trying to help new ones.

Hi January Bandsters! It sounds as if everyone is doing well. I am also doing well. I had my 3rd fill on May 24th and I have alot of restriction. I have 2 cc's of Fluid in my band now. I think this is a good place for me. I have had my first PB experience this past Saturday night while I was out for dinner. I guess I swallowed too big of a bite without chewing it to a mushy consistency. It was awful! I started with chest pain and discomfort, then I slimed. After about 30 minutes, I finally got rid of the small piece of chicken that was causing me so much discomfort. Needless to say, it was a very low calorie dinner for me. I excused myself from the table and was gone for a long time. Friends that I was out with didn't know what came over me. I told them that I must be coming down with something. I learned my lesson the hard way. Anyway, I am still exercising on the average of 5-6x/week for about 1 1/2- 2 hours/day. I am totally addicted! I feel great! My clothes are getting big and baggy on me. I was in a size 22, now I am a 16- a few 14's. I have plenty of clothes. (my wardrobe ranges from a 22 to a size 8) I'm not sure where I'll end up. I'm hopingfor a 10, but who knows. I tend to be losing more inches than actual weight. Well, I hope all is well. I plan to check in more often. Gigi:):(

Gigi,

Great job on your exercise. I think that you and Sunshine are examples for the rest of us and I am certainly inspired by your successes. And I am glad you talked about the PB incident. I had a fill last week of 2 cc's, so I'm up to 4 in my 10 cc band. And I am constantly reminding myself to take small bites, eat slow and chew a bunch. No PB's yet, but I'm sure that will come!

Keep up the Good WORK!

Shawn

Shawn,

Thank you for your reply and for the compliment. I have the band that holds 4 cc's of saline (though I hear that it actually holds 5 cc's of fluid). My doctor was reluctant to give me any Fluid back at the end of May. At that time I only had 2 fills- both .75 cc's. (My doctor is very conservative) I begged him to give me a little more- so he gave me .5 cc's, which brought me to 2 cc's. As far as the PB's go, hopefully it won't happen to you. It sounds like you are following the rules of chewing and small bites. Thank you for responding. Have a good night. Talk to you soon. Gigi

gigi....congrats on your exercise routine!! That's definitely the one place I'm failing!

Up till this point I hadn't had any PB'ing episodes, only been stuck a few times. Two days ago, we were trying to get soybeans planted, ran in the house and grabbed a granola bar while on the run....BAD IDEA!! Before it was over with I had spit lots of slime out the tractor windows (and not being good at this, I didn't always make it!!). Had finally gotten to the point that I needed to do something drastic to releive the pain/pressure. By the time I got the tractor idled down and in park my body was taking care of it for me! Didn't even have to leave the tractor, just opened the door and after about 4 times all was better! I'm sure that if anyone drove by about that time and seen someone throwing up out the door of a tractor they would of gotten a good laugh! Didn't care one bit and sure felt better afterward. Took it easy on the food the rest of the day and back to normal since with no problems! Can't say that the band was the problem....I didn't follow the rules, eat slowly, chew well.

As for the scales and trying to find a new set. Well, my birthday is the 13th of June and my husband surprised me by ordering a set of doctor platform type scales....who would of ever guessed that I'd be excited about getting scales for my birthday or that I wouldn't be upset that they cost 150.00!

Don't know much else, weight loss is still the same but this is normal for me....probably won't lose much more until the week after my period. So have to hold patiently for anothe week and a half.

Hope all is well, have a great weekend!

Hi January Bandsters! It sounds as if everyone is doing well. I am also doing well. I had my 3rd fill on May 24th and I have alot of restriction. I have 2 cc's of Fluid in my band now. I think this is a good place for me. I have had my first PB experience this past Saturday night while I was out for dinner. I guess I swallowed too big of a bite without chewing it to a mushy consistency. It was awful! I started with chest pain and discomfort, then I slimed. After about 30 minutes, I finally got rid of the small piece of chicken that was causing me so much discomfort. Needless to say, it was a very low calorie dinner for me. I excused myself from the table and was gone for a long time. Friends that I was out with didn't know what came over me. I told them that I must be coming down with something. I learned my lesson the hard way. Anyway, I am still exercising on the average of 5-6x/week for about 1 1/2- 2 hours/day. I am totally addicted! I feel great! My clothes are getting big and baggy on me. I was in a size 22, now I am a 16- a few 14's. I have plenty of clothes. (my wardrobe ranges from a 22 to a size 8) I'm not sure where I'll end up. I'm hopingfor a 10, but who knows. I tend to be losing more inches than actual weight. Well, I hope all is well. I plan to check in more often. Gigi:):)

gigi - you and and I are sooooo alike! I have a huge range of clothes in my closet too! And I'm exercises like a mad women these days, I don't think I have ever exercised this hard in my entire life!

I have to share my latest NSV - well one of them is a scale victory and one is not!

1. I now weigh less than my husband! I've wanted to weigh less than him for years! He weighs 181, and I weighed 179.6! I made him get on the scale and then I stepped on to show him what I weighed. I was so happy!

2. I tried on a pair of size 12 capris, THEY FIT! I have moved past the 14's and into a 12! I haven't worn a 12 in 14 YEARS!

3. I have broken out of the 180's!

Okay, enough about me. lol. I just wanted to share my victories with my January band family!

Lisa - sounds like the PB experience wasn't all that bad, but wasn't all that fun either. I hate the sliming! I've slimed a few times, but no really PB experiences. Whats weird about me is I don't have to take small bites? I take regular bites and chew like I've always done pre-band and I still don't have PB's. Thats why I think I need more of a fill, but then I think, I'm eating less with no problems, so why get more of a fill? I don't know what to do - What do you guys think? I'm so wishy washy with me decision. Sometimes I notice I need more of a fill and freak out, other times I notice I can hardly eat?

Tonya,

What type of scale do you have? I'm thinking about upgrading and you're able to get pretty precise in your weight.

Shawn

Tonya....it wasn't too bad, and as far my opinion on the fill....if you're able to eat, still lose and be comfortable where you're at then don't do it! I'm kind of in the same boat, sometimes I can't eat the same thing I did the day before?!?! I'm gonna stay where I am as long as the weight keeps coming off easily. As soon as it becomes a stuggle to lose that 10 pounds in a month then I'm getting another small fill.

Tonya,

What type of scale do you have? I'm thinking about upgrading and you're able to get pretty precise in your weight.

Shawn

Shawn, I really like mine because they show every ounce I lose (or gain - lol). They were recommended to me from my doc, they are from Avon - believe it or not. They cost about $50.

Tonya....it wasn't too bad, and as far my opinion on the fill....if you're able to eat, still lose and be comfortable where you're at then don't do it! I'm kind of in the same boat, sometimes I can't eat the same thing I did the day before?!?! I'm gonna stay where I am as long as the weight keeps coming off easily. As soon as it becomes a stuggle to lose that 10 pounds in a month then I'm getting another small fill.

Good advice! I am losing about 5 to 9 lbs per month - but I lost so much in the very beginning, so I'm not complaining too much about losing just 5 lbs. This month so far, I've lost 6 lbs, my 5 month anniversary is next Monday, so if I lose another 2 lbs - it will put me at 8 lbs for a month. But who knows how much I will lose (TOM is here) It seems I go for a couple of weeks and only lose 1 lb or so, then overnight, I drop 3 or 4. Weird.

I'm comfortable with my fill level, but a few weeks ago I wasn't - I felt I did not have enough restriction, and now, I'm tight again - this band is so finicky for sure.

Well, hope everyone has a great weekend.

Well my bandster buddies I made it to onederland today, but it was bittersweet. My daughter, Pam, who was only 31 passed on Thursday. She was my biggest cheerleader. She herself was always slender and athletic. I found her and I felt that my world had ended. We think she probably had a heart attack as she had 2 small heart attacks in March. She leaves behind 3 children, her father and I, and her brother Jonathan. She will be missed... If you would like to see how wonderful she was her picture is on the funeral home website of Sujkowski.com.

Oh Sue, I am so sorry. Your daughter was beautiful - I know your heart is breaking right now and I wish I could do something to take this pain away from you.

I know you have wonderful memories of your precious daughter, please think of the happy times with her - and spend time with her children, this will help with your grief.

You and your husband, your son, and her three children are in my prayers. Please let us know how we can help? Is there a memorial fund set up?

Keep us posted how you are doing, I know the band gets tighter during stressful times, so please take care of yourself.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well. Unexpected death is always hard to deal with and even harder when children are involved. On May 14th a good friend of ours (32 years old) passed away unexpectedly and her 8 year old daughter is finding it hard to leave dad and play with friends. You have a hard road ahead, please feel free to come here for support at any time.