Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Sunshine, you should be so proud of yourself. There's such an amazing difference in those photos. And not only are you shrinking, but you're looking younger, too!

Your my new best friends for saying I look younger!!! lol. Thank you!

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to check in on my 6 month anniversary of being banded. I absolutely love my band. It was the best thing I have ever done for myself. It gives me the something extra that I've always needed- kind of like assurance. Anyway, I have lost 57 pounds in 6 months and I feel great! Although I lost a little slower than I wanted to, I am very happy with my weight loss.( I wanted to lose 10 lbs./month). I have to go pick up the kids, but I just wanted to let everyone know how much I love the band. I'll check back in later. Have a great evening. Gigi

Sunshine- You look WONDERFUL! I am so proud of you. Have a great time on your cruise if I don't get to talk to you. How long will you be gone? Gigi

Sunshine, you look fantastic.....and what guts....I have a hard time putting a fully dressed comparison on here!

Gigi....I agree with you, the band is great! You've done really good with it too. 57 pounds is nothing to sneeze at! Keep up the good work.

So I had my doctor appt. today.....I am now the official owner of an extra .3cc's for a total of 3.3cc's!!! So far it hasn't made much difference but I'm sure tomorrow morning I'll notice a change. The last 2 months the doctor hasn't made any adjustments. The first month I lost 7 pounds and the second month I lost 5 so I was really glad to up the fill amount.

We live south of K.C. and are going to Worlds of Fun (an amusement park) this week. The last time I went I was the official "purse holder/kid watcher" because I didn't want to get kicked off the rides for not fitting!

Another thing I've got to share.....We rent the local pool for our twins' birthday party each year. Last year I stood in the deep end and visited. Last weekend was the party, well......I jumped off both diving boards, and went down both the slides! It feels so great to be 70 pounds lighter, wonder what all I'll feel like doing when the next 70 is gone?!?!?!?!?

Tonya,

I haven't posted anything in awhile, but I couldn't resist tonight. Your pictures are amazing!! I can tell a huge difference in your stomach (that's so great), you look like you've lost a lot in your back too!

I'm having trouble with the stomach, I guess after 4 kids in five years, 1 c section and a hystorectomy it just takes time. If you've got any great tips for toning your stomach let me know.

Also thanks for posting the cottage test, have you tried it yet. Can't wait to try it, I'm curious to know if my pouch has changed any. I wonder how easily it does change?

Have fun on your cruise!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c165/g145

I am so jealous Sunshine! I want to go on a cruise. I am going to Mexico and on a cruise when I get to goal. You look awesome and thanks for the cottage cheese test. I am not sure I can eat anything fast like that. I went today and had a fill under fluro. My first fluro. My band looks awesome and I got another .5 cc in my band. We'll see how this works.

Its so awesome to see the changes that everyone is experiencing in their lives. Keep it up ladies! We rock!!!!

Hi everyone. I went for a fill yesterday with a friend. Long day!! On the way home, I threw up over and over. It was my saliva. I kept burping. I kept thinking it was trapped air and that every burp made me swallow more airand saliva. Kept telling friend I was good. Well, I wasn't. With in an hour, I felt weak and dehydrated. Called doctor and turned around and went back to Mexico. He unfilled, had me drink Water. Turns out there was a glob of that stuff you drink under flouro, stuck and nothing would have ever gone down. I am so glad I went back. He put some in though and I feel good. Had to get back over boarder a 2nd time. Well, as soon as we made it, my friend who had been having gastro problems all day got worse. She was so sick, I had to drive and she had to have someone pick her and her car up at my house. Whew!! What a day.

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm 6 months out like all of you. I had some insurance issues where I had to wait 90 days for my first fill. So now, I have the 'bigger' band (not sure which)...but I've had two fills. Can you please let me know where you all are in terms of how many fills you've had? My restriction is there, but certainly less that most of what I hear you guys talking about; being full on 1/2 cup of food, etc.

Are most of you beyond 2 fills?

Sherilynn,

Am I reading your ticker right..your first fill was 7cc's? And now you are at 9cc/s in the VG band?

I have the VG and started off with 2 cc's post surgery. I have had three fills for a total of 6 cc's. I'm going in next tuesday and hope to get one more cc.

And the good news...my fills cost 200 a pop and so far the insurance hasn't paid. In fact, I have to pay up front. I think my Dr. is a little money grubbing, but he's the only game in town. I would have had a fill sooner, but I had to save up for this one.

I did a power walk this morning...on my 4 mile hike. I jammed the last mile or so and really feel great. I suspect as I sit through the day I'll stiffen up and it will be another story! HA Age, ain't it great :D

Shawn

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to check in on my 6 month anniversary of being banded. I absolutely love my band. It was the best thing I have ever done for myself. It gives me the something extra that I've always needed- kind of like assurance. Anyway, I have lost 57 pounds in 6 months and I feel great! Although I lost a little slower than I wanted to, I am very happy with my weight loss.( I wanted to lose 10 lbs./month). I have to go pick up the kids, but I just wanted to let everyone know how much I love the band. I'll check back in later. Have a great evening. Gigi

Gigi, 57 pounds is GREAT! 57 lbs gone forever! Thank you for the compliments. I am no where near where I want to be, but I know that I am improving everyday, its just going to take some time.

I agree with you, the band is the greatest gift I could have given myself.

So I had my doctor appt. today.....I am now the official owner of an extra .3cc's for a total of 3.3cc's!!! So far it hasn't made much difference but I'm sure tomorrow morning I'll notice a change. The last 2 months the doctor hasn't made any adjustments. The first month I lost 7 pounds and the second month I lost 5 so I was really glad to up the fill amount.

We live south of K.C. and are going to Worlds of Fun (an amusement park) this week. The last time I went I was the official "purse holder/kid watcher" because I didn't want to get kicked off the rides for not fitting!

Another thing I've got to share.....We rent the local pool for our twins' birthday party each year. Last year I stood in the deep end and visited. Last weekend was the party, well......I jumped off both diving boards, and went down both the slides! It feels so great to be 70 pounds lighter, wonder what all I'll feel like doing when the next 70 is gone?!?!?!?!?

Thank you for your kinds words!

I don't live too far from you, one of these days I would like to take a road trip to Worlds of Fun, if I do, I'll let you know and maybe we could do lunch.< /p>

70 lbs are gone forever! You should be so proud of yourself, and I know what you mean about doing things you would have not done 70 lbs ago. Isn't life so wonderful! Keep up the good work!

I haven't posted anything in awhile, but I couldn't resist tonight. Your pictures are amazing!! I can tell a huge difference in your stomach (that's so great), you look like you've lost a lot in your back too!

I'm having trouble with the stomach, I guess after 4 kids in five years, 1 c section and a hystorectomy it just takes time. If you've got any great tips for toning your stomach let me know.

Also thanks for posting the cottage test, have you tried it yet. Can't wait to try it, I'm curious to know if my pouch has changed any. I wonder how easily it does change?

Have fun on your cruise!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c165/g145

Debbie, You have done great too! 70 lbs you have lost. Tell us what you do? Do you exercise? Do you eat low carb/low fat or just smaller protions?

My stomach has shrunk but I know that it probably never really will go flat, I've had 2 kids, I'm over 40, and I've been fat a looooong time, so the chances of my skin bouncing back is slim. I noticed last night that I have a little sagging skin around my lower butt area and upper thigh. This is the place I've carried all my weight, so I imagine I will need a lower body lift when its said and done, whether or not I will get one is another story. I'm sure they are very pricey. It all depends how I feel when I lose all my weight. I've already warned my DH that if I feel like I have to have one, I will get one. Even if I have to take a loan out of my 401K!

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm 6 months out like all of you. I had some insurance issues where I had to wait 90 days for my first fill. So now, I have the 'bigger' band (not sure which)...but I've had two fills. Can you please let me know where you all are in terms of how many fills you've had? My restriction is there, but certainly less that most of what I hear you guys talking about; being full on 1/2 cup of food, etc.

Are most of you beyond 2 fills?

Sheri, For the most part, people need to be at least 1/2 of their fill level to even fill the slightest bit of restriction. This all depends on each of us though. I've got the smaller cc band, which holds 4cc's (actually 5 cc's) I'm 3/4 way full and still need more. Some are totally restricted at 2.0 cc's, or even less.

You must have the 10 cc's band that I hear actually will hold 13cc's? But not sure. Anyhow, the slightest bit could make a difference, just .2cc's could put you to your sweet spot.

I've actually had 4 fills, and will be going for my 5th fill 8/17. Hopefully he will get me to restriction because last night, I was a mad cow! I really didn't eat most of the day yesterday, I had a handful of nuts, a slice of laughing cow low fat cheese, a cup of coffee and thats about it for the day.

I got home last night HUNGRY. I had to go to a viewing of my friends mother, by the time I got home last night it was around 7:30 pm. I was a starvin marvin. I ate about 3 oz of filet mingion steak, 2 or 3 slices of tomatoe (home grown), a few slices of cucumber (home grown) and some corn on the cob (cut it off the cob). Now, that was a big meal for me. I usually can't eat that much, but last night I did.

I then went and tanned, I worked out, and came home STARVIN AGAIN! So, I ate 1/2 sandwhich with ham salad on it - on whole wheat bread. Then ate a 1/4 cup of flan. I was out of control last night.

I think it was all the stress, I felt like I was WIDE OPEN. I guess I was, because I ate like I was and had no problems what so ever. Usually, I will get full pretty quick, but not last night. grrrrrr. I didn't dare step on the scales this morning, I just said I will be back on track today and eat right.

I did a power walk this morning...on my 4 mile hike. I jammed the last mile or so and really feel great. I suspect as I sit through the day I'll stiffen up and it will be another story! HA Age, ain't it great :D

Shawn

Shawn, your doing so good with your exercising!