Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Just a quick update...

The good news is... My band is fine, and I got another .5ccs put in. Turns out I have this bubble of gas hanging around in my stomach, so I have to hit the GasX hard and not eat any gassy food for a week. Supposedly it will work itself out.

The bad news is... My surgeon is moving to Chicago! I cannot tell you how totally bummed out I am. Besides all the usual annoyance with trying to find a fill doc (she did give us recs), I really really like her! I'm going to miss her terribly.

Anyway, I must go exercise before my arse gets glued to this chair.

Maria

Just was dropping by to say HELLO to all the January Bandsters. Hope everyone is doing great! I had another fill and think I am back on track again.

Hi all, still stuck in bed with my knee so I can't get to the computer like I want to, man, I need a laptop! Anyhow, I have 4 more weeks to go before I can walk again! I tell you - I'm going CRAZY. I can't stand it. Everyone is feeding me FAT too. I can't wait to be able to get up and cook for myself. I still am having therapy 2 x a week, and am on a CPM machine 6 hours a day to keep my knee from building so much scar tissue. I miss the gym horribly, I miss work, I miss my life, I miss Lap-band talk.com too! I just want to get back to normal again! Hopefully soon I will.

I weighed the other day and the scales show I'm up to 180lbs - i'm so bummed! I will check back when I can.....not sure when it will be, its about 3:20 am in Oklahoma and everyone is asleep, and I'm wide awake, lol. I think I have my days & nights mixed up now.

Hello all!

I feel like I'm just talking to myself here! :) I have made my walking goal for four days in a row so far. I'm having some nasty aches and pains in my feet, legs and lower back. Been doing some stretching. Oh,the good news..DH was with me on two days. He travels so misses some, but it is nice that he is getting up in the morning to join me. He has always been the exercise buff in the family but I taunted him by saying I was going to outwalk him during hunting season!! Usually I'm whining about him going to fast and if he'd just slow down, I could and would be with him longer! I don't think that is going to be a problem.

It is so nice that the weather has cooled off. Makes doing things in the evening better! How are you guys doing?

Shawn

Shawn good for you! I miss walking on the treadmill, I miss walking period! I am hoping next week I can start driving and maybe get to the gym to do some upper body workouts, the doc keeps telling me stay off my feet period and I cannot drive, but I think I can, I would just have to use my left foot for the brakes (my right knee is what had the surgery).

Well, keep up you dedication!

Hi Tonya,

Wow, it is soooo good to hear from you.

Maria, great news about your port. What a worry. I still sometimes feel some of that abdominal gas pain in my left shoulder...don't you think that is strange, this far out?

I'm being a slug this week. Have hardly walked at all. Feeling more tired that usual and hard to get a-goin! My clothes feel tight and I'm feeling "fat". Haven't felt this way for a while. Maybe I'm just in a funk. I didn't make my goal of 50 pounds lost for my anniversary on the 4ths. Started my period a few days prior and it just wasn't in the cards (or on the scale). But on the good side, the tape measure was looking good!

I'm going to give myself permission to not get after myself this week for no exercise and commit to getting after it on Monday. You know, as I write this, I think it was the three day weekend...I worked hard outside doing stuff...and missed my mental workout to get prepped for walking. Hmmmm, have to ponder that little bit of insite.

OH HEY!!! I ALMOST FORGOT THE GOOD NEWS!!

I was able, for the first time in years, to step up in the stirrup and get on my horse without the use of some form of a mounting block, bumper, hub, rock, etc!!! YIPPEE WAAAHOOO

Geez, I forget the good things too often!! Now I feel mo-betta.

S ;)

Tonya, good to see you back! Don't get discouraged about gaining a few pounds right now....those pounds will drop right back off as soon as you get mobile again!

I'm still having trouble signing on here! Gets frustrating when I can't talk to you guys so have gotten in the habit of not checking in as often so I don't get ticked off! For instance, after I post this and click on the back arrow it won't allow me to sign on again, so this is the one and only post for the night.

Had my monthly appt at the surgeons office yesterday....he has me losing another 6 pounds for a total of 81 pounds (he started from first visit last fall, I started counting from two weeks before surgery!). Figured it up and if I'm to hit my 100 pound loss in 1 year then I have to lose 6 pounds a month for the next 4 months! I haven't been excercising or watching what I eat at all so am doing that now with hopes that it will start to drop off a little faster. Harvest is coming up so not sure if that will be a good thing to be busy or bad thing being so busy with kids in football and harvest that we really don't eat well at all?!?!?

ANother thing....does anyone have any good exercises for the wing span I've been blessed with? I've also got saggy skin on my upper thighs that I need to work on. Am planning on trying to see a trainer to get some tips but won't be able to make the time until after harvest is over.

Hope all is doing well, keep up the good work and keep us posted. May not always post but usually check in once every day or so!

Wow Lisa,

81 pounds...congrats to you. I think 6 pounds a month are doable. I think you can do it!!

Have you ever tried those stretchy bands for your upper arms? I think that would be a way to get there. I also, which I hate, do a kind of pushup from a chair. You lower your butt off the front of the chair to the floor/ground, when your hands are on the seat of the chair. They are hard but very good for the triceps.

How is everyone? I can't seem to get the scale to move down at all. I'm not making good food choices and really need to get back on the "band" wagon. I work nights and I just can't seem to get my act together. Good new is, we went on a cruise in August and I was really worried that I had gained and actually lost 1/2 of a pound. This band is wonderful, but I have been stuck at 174.4 to 175.6 for a LONG TIME. This week I am in class for work and will be on days and it seems like when I am on days, I lose weight, so I'm going to really work on it this week to see if it makes a difference. When I am on nights, I don't get enough sleep and I know this affects weight loss. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. Not to many post these days. Come on January Bansters, time to ralley!

Hi Dee,

I hear you about getting back on the bandwagon. I'm stalled out as well. Not eating terribly but need to make a change (changes) to get the scale moving! I bounced back up a couple of pounds so I need to get after it. I am packing my lunch this week instead of buying salads out. I think I can do better calorie wise that way.

I was just looking at your numbers and I do think those of you who have less to lose have a more difficult time right off the bat. I think for myself, I've hit an old set-point that I used to be at for a few years and I wonder if my body is holding on tight. I should write down calories..maybe that will be my goal this week. I hate doing it, but from what I've read here, it really works.

I agree with what you say...we need more January support, maybe everyone can do some posting..give us ALL some inspiration.

Shawn

It wasn't port replacement, it was "revision of the port". The doctor was just pretty much reattaching the port to the muscle. Simple in and out procedure under local anesthetic. Took about an hour, and I was sent home following a short recovery. I was fine to resume normal activity the following day, but couldn't excercise for 10 days. I started back on the 11th day, and was okay to do most of the things my trainer asked, aside from anything requiring me to twist the right side of my abdomen, or laying on the incision site. I am still abnormally swollen in that one area, which concerns me, but I go see the doc tomorrow. The incision has healed perfectly. He just reopened the original incision. Not too concerned with the fact that my belly now looks like a roadmap...that's what tummy tucks are for lol.

I freaked out this past week. I gained 4-5 pound IN ONE WEEK. That is physically impossible for my body, but having weighed myself today, I seemed to have lost all of that weight. No idea what that is about, but as I said I am still pretty swollen in one area. I am hoping that it is just the fact that muscles take longer to heal, and I am very active, not allowing my body to relax.

Lastly, I don't drink nearly enough Water. Pre band, I used to drink water all the time, but now I am lucky to maybe get 15 ounces a day. My PCP said that there is too much Protein in my urine, which is usually due to not taking in enough fluids. I am close to setting an alarm for myself to drink water at different intervals throughout the day. This no drinking and eating is a pain in the a** now. Any suggestions?

Hi everyone,

I had the weekend from HELL!!!!

On Thursday and Friday I vomited everytime I ate. I left work early on Friday and while sitting in the parking lot of the ER I paged my Dr. He met me inside to do an upper GI. Nothing would pass. I ended up having emergency surgery Friday night. My band has slipped and my stomach had come up through the band. I had this huge tube down my nose and had to have an upper GI twice a day until the liquid would pass. When it wouldn't the liquid would be sucked out through the tube. I've had a drain in my stomach until today. It was so scary and painful. I have to be on Clear Liquids for three weeks. I don't know what will happen after that.

So, basically I had the entire surgery a second time this past weekend. I had to pay for the original surgery and will probably get the bill for this one too. Oh my God, I hope I don't lose my house over all this. I am feeling so selfish suddenly - and very scared.

The doctor said he has NEVER seen what had happened to me and he has done thousands of these surgeries.

I will write more later - love to you all, please say a prayer for me, I have never been so scared in my whole life.

Jennifer

Jennifer,

I'm Debbie I don't post often but I read almost everyday. That sounds so scarey! I was also self pay, I'm sure everything will be okay. Good luck, I hope your feeling much better soon. You'll be in my prayers.

Debbie

Banded 1/8/07

h235/c165/g145

Hi Jennifer,

gosh I feel for you...I am so sorry this happened. I can't imagine how scary this was. I hope you will recover as fast and soon as possible. I am your age and lived in Longmont Co and I will pray for you. There must be a way your Dr can handle the bills for this, as this was a follow-up complication, even if it is so rare. I want to ask you a question: Did you vomit before this horrible episode periodicly? I vomit every couple of days because I just had my third fill and I am wondering if this complication you had comes from frequent vomiting...I hope this will never happen to you again and it will not set you back from your amazing weightloss.

Yours, Josie