Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I finally feel like a bandster. I had my 5th fill yesterday and am now at 3.8 ccs in a 4 cc band. And I FINALLY HAVE RESTRICTION!!!!! I've been at a plateau for a couple of weeks and have been binge eating at night. Thanks to this last fill, binging won't be possible. In fact, I've been working on my Nutrisystem lunch for an hour now and only have 1/4 of it down. I'm feeling hopeful again. I think this is the first time I've truly felt restriction. What a difference it makes.

I'm in the same boat at you. I just got my 3rd fill and am now at 3.5CC in a 4cc band. I'm having head hunger, but no physical hunger. My doc says liquids for 24 hours. So tonight, my family plan on going to El Fenix and I will see how much restriciton I actual have. No chips for me, dang it!

Dee

Ha,

Just cruising through and noticed a new thread on the main page...Monthly Support groups... click on that and there is...January 07...no posts!! I thought THIS WAS our support group. LOL

Okay, finding things funny today! Spending the weekend with my parents and having some retail therapy. Ahhh, life is good.

Shawn

I'm in the same boat at you. I just got my 3rd fill and am now at 3.5CC in a 4cc band. I'm having head hunger, but no physical hunger. My doc says liquids for 24 hours. So tonight, my family plan on going to El Fenix and I will see how much restriciton I actual have. No chips for me, dang it!

Good luck with that. I just can't eat like a bandster at a Mexican restaurant. I can't resist the chips and salsa and then I end up drinking a ton of Water because the salsa is always too hot for me. I had egg drop Soup for lunch today and a small piece of fried banana. The banana came back up. Since then, I've tried to finish rest of the banana, but it takes me about 45 minutes to eat one inch of it. I'm enjoying not having any hunger, but I want to be able to eat at least 1/2 a cup of food without problems. I'm going to keep this level of fill, though, because I know when I lose another 10 pounds, I'll lose restriction, too.

Good luck with that. I just can't eat like a bandster at a Mexican restaurant. I can't resist the chips and salsa and then I end up drinking a ton of Water because the salsa is always too hot for me. I had egg drop Soup for lunch today and a small piece of fried banana. The banana came back up. Since then, I've tried to finish rest of the banana, but it takes me about 45 minutes to eat one inch of it. I'm enjoying not having any hunger, but I want to be able to eat at least 1/2 a cup of food without problems. I'm going to keep this level of fill, though, because I know when I lose another 10 pounds, I'll lose restriction, too.

I had 1 cheese enchilada and a bite or two of Beans along with some chicken fajita meat. So I did good, spent more time talking with everyone than eating. We chose mexican, because it's mostly mushie. I don't have a problem with not drinking water and mananged to stay out of the chip. I had no problems with the foods that I ate. Thank goodness! I was worried with the amount of fill level that I now have, that it would cause probems. But, I hear that it takes 2 week to feel the full effect of the fill. I sure hope this fill does the trick!:nervous

Just checking in. I come and read what everyone posts but I don't post often. I was down about 50 but went to a conference and didn't have as much control over what I ate and gained 3-4 pounds. It will come off in the next week or two so I'm not going to worry about it.

We had to walk a lot at the airport, between classes at the conference and between the east and west tower of the hotel. I don't think I would have been able to do it without this weight loss. I was amazed. I also fell off of my chair, went down hard on my back and head and could actually walk after I got up and the day after. If that would have happened a year ago I would have needed an ambulance. What a difference 50 lbs and my exercise has made!

You are all such an inspiration and I am thankful for my bandster friends everyday! Keep up the good work!

Dee & Enterprise - I'm glad to hear you guys feel like you have restriction. I am now back to NO restriction, it seems around the TOM time, I have restriction, for around 2 weeks, then after that, nothing!

I am at 3.0 cc's, and I FINALLY have an appointment on July 2nd at 8:30 am for fill! However, the more I think about it, the more I think I will call and have them change the time. I'm always so restricted in the am. I feel like I could eat a horse right now, I'm wide open.

Just checking in on everyone, I've been really busy and I strained my back somehow (I think I pulled something while working out). I've been taking some pain pills to ease the pain, but trying to just not take anything today - I can feel it throb on my lower left side of my back. It hurts to lay, sit or stand. I think tonight I will go get in the hot tub at my gym and just relax.

Talk to everyone later.

<p>Just was wondering if anyone's band ever slipped on this thread? It looks like everyone is doing really well. I worry so much that might band will slip, I guess I need to get this out of my mind. Am I the only one that does not have an exercise routine? It is so hard to fine the time after working a 12 hour shift. I hope everyone keeps the good work up. Have a great week!</p>

Just was wondering if anyone's band ever slipped on this thread? It looks like everyone is doing really well. I worry so much that might band will slip, I guess I need to get this out of my mind. Am I the only one that does not have an exercise routine? It is so hard to fine the time after working a 12 hour shift. I hope everyone keeps the good work up. Have a great week!

Loser28 - I don't think we have any slipped bands, however, I do recall someone having a flipped port.

Getting into the exercise routine is hard work, it takes a lot of baby steps, but once you've started it, you cannot stop! Start by walking, just 5 to 10 mins a day, make a promise to yourself you will do it, and do it. Then every week, raise your walks by 5 min, you'll be surprised how quickly you become addicted. ;)

Thankyou Sunshine! I hope to get started Friday.

Loser28 - for me I wanted to do the exercise perfectly so I never started!! Well, how ridiculous, what in the world does anyone do perfectly!! So, I did 10 to 20 minutes when I could. Sometimes it was/is 3 times a day, sometimes it was/is 3 days a week. But I try not to judge myself. Everything counts toward better health, more muscle, additional weight loss.

As far as a slipped band I, too worry about it but thus far haven't had any justification to worry. I have had lots of things stuck, even yesterday had to go in and have an emergency unfill to get my lunch to pass. I was sure I had screwed the band up but my doctor's office wasn't worried and just said to take it easy until the inflammation goes down, then come back in to get filled. I don't even know why my lunch got stuck, I didn't do anything foolish, it just happened.

I do know someone whose band slipped, she had her surgery about 5 years ago, didn't use her tool correctly, ate too much, too fast, drank alot of alcohol and didn't get her Protein in. Hmmmmm, suddenly she threw up EVERYTHING she ate and drank and they found that her band had slipped.

So, I guess the moral of the story is that if we give it our best, do what we are supposed to and only have occasional problems it should be a success!

....I do know someone whose band slipped, she had her surgery about 5 years ago, didn't use her tool correctly, ate too much, too fast, drank alot of alcohol and didn't get her Protein in. Hmmmmm, suddenly she threw up EVERYTHING she ate and drank and they found that her band had slipped....

Keep in mind that they've learned a lot about the band in the past 5 years and the surgical procedure for placing the band is now different than it was 5 years ago. I can't remember where I read it, but I did read an article that indicated that bands done 2 years ago or longer have more of a chance of slippage because they were not stitching them in place the same way they are doing today. Of course I'm not suggesting that we throw caution to the wind and ignore all the good advice of our doctors and fellow bandsters, but I'm simply not going to live in fear of slippage. And for every story of a bandster that constantly broke all the rules and ended up with a slipped band, you also have a bandster who followed all the rules and ended up with a slip, too. I'm just going to do the best I can and keep my fingers crossed that all continues to go well.

Hey gang! It's been so long since I've checked in -- I had a lot of catching up to do! So, a big hello to everyone. ;)

I've been bouncing around the same 5lbs and learned some hard lessons. This past week I've been practicing the smaller bites, slowing down, and chew chew chewing in preparation for my next fill on the 28th. I had a few puking episodes, and my doc actually suggested I needed more fill (opposit of what I had assumed). She said it's possible that I'm still hungry and shoveling the food in. I think she's right. So, I'm really trying hard to follow the bandster rules. Plus, I'm getting into the exercise again. I really want to make a good showing for the rest of the year. Getting pregnant is a new motivation for me. I'm not preggers yet, but my sister is, and I just found out that my cousin is with her second. I don't know why, but it gave me this huge pang of wanting! I've never felt that before about having kids. I've been saying all along that I wanted to get down to 200 first, but I am just so anxious all of a sudden!

Anyway, that's me. I hope ya'll are still doing well. I'm going to try to start checking in every day again. I need to feel connected to you guys! :)

Maria (who is trying very hard to be patient)

Hello to all my January Bandsters! It has been a couple of weeks since I checked in. My life has been very hectic. My daughter was in a gymnastics show and also a dance recital over the past 2 weekends. My son graduated from 8th grade over this past weekend. It was a beautiful mass and graduation ceremony. I can't believe that he is off to high school. Anyway, I've been busy with end of the year things with the kids, but now I am back. All is well. I am still working out and I really do feel good. I recently made it to my half way mark of 50 pounds:clap2:. I hope all is well with everyone. Will check in soon. Gigi:)

As promised, I'm here to check in!

Gigi - congrats on making your halfway mark!! Awesome job :(

You guys will probably think I'm nuts, but DH and I decided we would start trying for a baby. Yikes!! I've never really felt the urge before, but all of a sudden my clock starting ticking BIG TIME. So, what the hey, I got my doc's blessings, and off we go! I'm off my BP meds, off the antidepressants, exercising, and feeling pretty good. It should be interesting :D

Maria

I am posting to bump us back to the 1st page!

I have been having a hard time lately and if it continues I may ask to get a fluroscopy. I can't seem to get food down for some reason. Liquids and Soup work fine but food causes me to throw up. My last fill was on 5/9 and I seem to be getting tighter. I am on liquids to get the swelling down from the throwing up. If it isnt better by next week I am going in. Ugh! I don't want to get an unfill but I dont want to lose my band either. I am wondering if the stress of getting stuck is making me tighter. Maybe I will try warm liquids before I eat food. NOt sure whats up but it has me worried.