Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Thanks so much Peri and Sugarbear! I'll have to look into those meetings. I have lived in Texarkana almost 4 yrs now, so I do have to travel to Dallas for my after care, but I've only had to go back once since surgery. And my first fill is in 2 wks, so it's not so bad. Looks like you both are doing awesome so far!

Amber, Your surgeon may also hold support group meetings and do things differently. I have read on several different threads the many different ways they do things. I like this thread because we are all under the same band rules ect. So be sure to check with your doctor in case we throw out any advice you aren't sure of. How are you doing on your post-op diet? Is it liquids only?

Thanks, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I've been on solid foods a couple weeks now. Doing pretty good with it! I just can't feel any restriction yet :confused: But I've read that's to come when I get my fills. So i'm just counting the days till my first fill, oct. 6th!

Everyone is different. I have seen some that feel restriction from the first fill. Many do not. It was several for me. Our stomach sizes are all different. Your band may fit your stomach opening looser or snugger than mine. It all comes down to controlling your hungry feeling. Some people get one or two fills and they have good control about not feeling hungry. Some take many more. Now head hunger is a different thing altogether. Most all obese people have to work on that. I certainly have. Many of us have to work out our emotional eating habits. Good luck to you. Did you know they are having a lapband conference at the Wyndham Hotel Oct. 6, in Dallas? 2008 Lap Band Conference. You can put that in your search engine, then go there and read about it. There is some talk and a thread about on here too.

Good luck on your journey.

glo were you spying. had a little extra time so i came home at lunch i could have gone to the wellness center and signed up but home sounded better today!!!!!

Just checkin' in. Homecoming is over Friday!!!! I can't wait to have some time to myself again! How is everybody?

Hey amber! Well, I had almost the same in there today in my port. just missing a little. WEIRD!! Anyway, got a little more back in plus what i lost. Wish me luck. Drank okay today. Will try mushies tomorrow. I have to call thurs if i have no restriction then get an xray. But... might have to wait on that. Gonna think positive. ya'll stay inthe box. I gained 4 pounds the last two weeks. : (.

Good morning everyone,

Hope your day is going well.

Hippmom,Yep, I saw you, LOL. I hope that you join the wellness center. I did exercise in the pool yesterday, it wasn't a whole lot but, I did it just the same. I wished that I had waited cause they actually had a class later. I have lost a few lbs. and I know I've lost some inches. I assume I'm building muscle. Which is good, right?

Lisa, I miss you, but, I truly understand. PM me, okay?

Morning Everyone:smile:

Well, I haven't done so well the past 6 weeks. I thought I was doing pretty good about staying in the box, drinking my fluids, eating from a small plate and exercising. But as it turned out, I GAINED 2 lbs.:rolleyes2: But, I've been lifting weights and taking in more Protein, so I am attributing the gain to muscle gain ( I hope). I got to where I wasn't eating but once a day and just basically staying busy.Now I'm told that eating one meal a day makes your body hang onto the next 2 meals.:drool: So I was just going backwards!! I gotta wise up!

I had a fill Mon and I'm concerned that because the NP missed on the first hit, that I may not have gotten all the fill I needed. I could feel the cold sting of the saline under my skin, so I know it wasn't in my band.I can eat anything and everything.Anyone ever feel that or not feel any restriction right after a fill? I ate baked chicken and potato salad last night; Breakfast was coffee, one piece of toast and later this morning, cream of wheat with whey. I still don't feel satisfied!! I know this gum in my mouth is going to heaven,,,,,you know the rest!

Hi Teresa! Try to stay positive, I'm sure the 4lbs will come back off! I had gained 4 last week. But I'm back to normal now, I think it was just Water. I've been walking this week! First time in a long time. My husband and I walked the dogs in the neighborhood. I feel so much better. Hope everyone is doing great!

Julie was that cold sting on the missed stick or the second stick? I have never seen the NP. Sure it's okay but think I'll stay with Dr. H or Dr.K. Do you have a choice? I am a weenie about needles. Neither one has ever hurt me. It is always quick and easy. Had to have two sticks one time because she backed too much out. Only happened once and it didn't hurt at all. It always amazes me that it isn't painful. Hope everyone is doing well.

Teresa, hope this fill goes well for you. I was thinking one time or two you had to have an unfil? Is that right? Anyway, You may want to look at it under the floroscope or whatever they call it, just for peace of mind. Really doesn't sound like it but you may be more comforatable if you knew for sure. Take care.

Sugarbear, That cold sting was on the second stick, she backed it off and did a third one and said it went in that time. Instead of doing liquids afterward, I forgot and ate baked chicken and potato salad for supper. Went down without a problem. Woke up starving. I've managed to stay in the box, had coffee and later cream of wheat this morning, and I'm starving again! Before, if I took a big drink, it hurt going down, not now, it just goes!

I asked if I could see Dr.K and was told I would probably see the NP, which I did. She is nice, informative, easy to talk to. I've called and left a message, but I'm worried about not having a correct fill. I've got grandbabies this weekend and I'm afraid I will eat too much! One thing about it, I'll be ACTIVE!! One is 3 yr's the other 6 mo.'s. I LOVE those Grandbabies:biggrin:

Julie, try to increase your Protein, while cutting back on something else. Increase Fiber if you can too. Those things help curb the hungries. I have been trying to have FF yogurt if I feel like I can't make it. Cottage cheese (low fat), is always another option. And of course...smalllll, slooow bites. I know that is hard when we're hungry. Good luck.

thanks sugarbear,

I'll try that. I just didn't think we were supposed to ever get that hungry.

My stomach has been growling so loud it's embarrassing. I did talk to Deb at Dr.K's, they probably can't check me and do another fill today, they're in surgery tomorrow and out of town all next week. So, here I am. I'm really going to have to pay attention to everything that crosses my lips!