Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

Sw- 356 Cw- 229.8 Surgery 2/20/13 I've been at a stall since the 17th... I don't know what to do. I'm afraid I'm stuck at this weight.

ashes go back to the basics! Heavy Protein, watch your carb intake, track everything that goes in your mouth, bump up the exercise! Just a suggestion! Hope it helps!

Hello Everyone!

Its been awhile since I posted on/or even looked at this forum. I was sleeved on Feb 27 2013 almost 1 year ago.

I have lost 87 pounds since then, hoping to round it off to an even 90 by the end of the month. I have also lost over 65" and then I stopped counting. I for sure was a slow but mostly steady looser. I did not follow some of the rules, I drink out of a straw for one (not encouraging that just keeping it honest)

I have had people not recognize me, or be totally shocked when they see me. Its embarassing and encouraging at the same time. Embarassing because I had let myself become obese, and I refused to acknowledge it or deal with it, or even look at myself in the mirror, take photos etc. I saw a photo of myself from about a year and half ago, I prob weighed 250 and I was mesmerized in a bad way. Who was that girl. Smiling on the outside drowning on the inside. I could barely look at for a minute.

I am still about 30 pounds off from my goal weight. I feel lighter and more confident, although loosing weight in your 40's does open up a whole new can of worms ie.,cellulite, wrinkles, my neck skin looks weird sometimes.(minus the double chin I guess..) I am sure I am overexagerating all of this because to me its always 10X worse than reality ( well maybe not the celulite on my thighs lol)

When I see myself in the mirror, I am captivated by this newer smaller body, other times, ( when I look at myself from behind) I am like, you need to loose 30 more pounds.

I can go into any store and buy clothes off the rack. I am now a canidate for skinny jeans. I have guys checking me out (that feels really good I have to be honest, I used to hate it, but 10 years with out it sure makes you appreciate it)

I am going on a cruise to the Bahamas in 2 weeks. If it weren't for the celulite I would totally rock a bikini. But I am so grateful that I get to take this smaller more authentic version of myself, instead of dragging along that heavy miserable fat girl I was a year ago.

Edited by jacee

LOL on the neck. My husband had his surgery before me and had that weird neck thing and I was thinking omg I hope I don't get that. Well I did but oh well, it's not the worst thing in the world. His is not as bad as it was so I'm hopeful it smooths out a bit. I'm putting tons of lotion on my neck hehe.

, my neck skin looks weird sometimes.(minus the double chin I guess..)

Hello Everyone!

Its been awhile since I posted on/or even looked at this forum. I was sleeved on Feb 27 2013 almost 1 year ago.

I have lost 87 pounds since then, hoping to round it off to an even 90 by the end of the month. I have also lost over 65" and then I stopped counting. I for sure was a slow but mostly steady looser. I did not follow some of the rules, I drink out of a straw for one (not encouraging that just keeping it honest)

I have had people not recognize me, or be totally shocked when they see me. Its embarassing and encouraging at the same time. Embarassing because I had let myself become obese, and I refused to acknowledge it or deal with it, or even look at myself in the mirror, take photos etc. I saw a photo of myself from about a year and half ago, I prob weighed 250 and I was mesmerized in a bad way. Who was that girl. Smiling on the outside drowning on the inside. I could barely look at for a minute.

I am still about 30 pounds off from my goal weight. I feel lighter and more confident, although loosing weight in your 40's does open up a whole new can of worms ie.,cellulite, wrinkles, my neck skin looks weird sometimes.(minus the double chin I guess..) I am sure I am overexagerating all of this because to me its always 10X worse than reality ( well maybe not the celulite on my thighs lol)

When I see myself in the mirror, I am captivated by this newer smaller body, other times, ( when I look at myself from behind) I am like, you need to loose 30 more pounds.

I can go into any store and buy clothes off the rack. I am now a canidate for skinny jeans. I have guys checking me out (that feels really good I have to be honest, I used to hate it, but 10 years with out it sure makes you appreciate it)

I am going on a cruise to the Bahamas in 2 weeks. If it weren't for the celulite I would totally rock a bikini. But I am so grateful that I get to take this smaller more authentic version of myself, instead of dragging along that heavy miserable fat girl I was a year ago.

This was so encouraging. I thought I was the only slow loser. I had surgery February 28th ; I have lost 80lbs and am 50lbs from goal. The weight is coming off slow and steady.

In October I started exercising every day but I can't seem to find the right foods.

Hello Everyone!

I have lost 87 pounds since then, hoping to round it off to an even 90 by the end of the month.

I am still about 30 pounds off from my goal weight.

Jacee -The similarities we share are uncanny. I was sleeved 5 days before you. The difference between our weight loss is 9 pounds. You are 30 pounds from your goal weight, I am 39. I haven't lost 1 lb since Thanksgiving. I am not eating anything (honest) I shouldn't, though my portion sizes have increased. At this point, I think only exercise stands between us and our collective goal weight. I play drums in a band, but that's not taking off the weight. It's time for me to hit the bike.

I'm fast approaching my surgiversary on 2/20 and will post b4 and aft pics.

My highest weight was 278.

DOS was 224.

CW is 164.

I've had a few 3 month stalls, one around May-July and I shook it off by starting running on August. The second was Nov-Jan and it was just too many holiday treats going in and then getting sick in early Jan.

I am cutting out the crap out and resuming exercise and pushing to get to 150 then maybe 130.

Am looking forward to enjoying each day as it unfolds.

post-171753-0-48200400-1392002777_thumb.png

[ATTACH]41278[/ATTACH]

Yay

Thank you to those 1 year sleevers that's posted pics! Can't wait to upload mine on the 25th

Happy to report that today is my one year surgiversary! It's been an amazing year and I'm so happy that I made the decision to have the sleeve, it has been life changing! My only regret is that I waited so long! To date I'm down 189 pounds, and I'm just 9 pounds away from my goal weight, I know I'll get there soon, and that will be a big celebration! Here is my before and after! It has been a lot of hard work, but what a difference a year makes! Thanks to all of those that have given me information and encouragement to make my journey easier! Couldn't have done it without this community! Cheers!!

post-174301-0-13646300-1392868013_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sun Devil Fan

Happy 1 year Surgiversary to Me!!

Went for check up with surgeon and labs are good and Doc says I'm doing good!

I flexed for him and he admired my biceps!! Lol

He said it is going to be a work in progress still to get to where I want to be but he thinks I am doing well.

I am down 60 lbs from 224 to 164 and want to get to 150 then dream goal weight of 135. Ready to work for it all!

post-171753-0-88796400-1392903694_thumb.png

[ATTACH]41693[/ATTACH]

Happy to report that today is my one year surgiversary! It's been an amazing year and I'm so happy that I made the decision to have the sleeve, it has been life changing! My only regret is that I waited so long! To date I'm down 189 pounds, and I'm just 9 pounds away from my goal weight, I know I'll get there soon, and that will be a big celebration! Here is my before and after! It has been a lot of hard work, but what a difference a year makes! Thanks to all of those that have given me information and encouragement to make my journey easier! Couldn't have done it without this community! Cheers!!

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Congrats on one helluva job! You look fantastic btw but I bet you already know and more importantly FEEL that way :) My hubby lost 155 lbs on his sleeve and wavers around 200 now give or take...and also feels and looks good. I think it's the men that seem to lose more and faster. Did you end up having your gall bladder out from the rapid weight loss like my hubby?

My own 1 yr is coming up quick and I've still got a bit to go but not stopping till I get there! I'll post my own before/after Feb 25...

Happy 1 year Surgiversary to Me!!

Went for check up with surgeon and labs are good and Doc says I'm doing good!

I flexed for him and he admired my biceps!! Lol

He said it is going to be a work in progress still to get to where I want to be but he thinks I am doing well.

I am down 60 lbs from 224 to 164 and want to get to 150 then dream goal weight of 135. Ready to work for it all!

Looking good, really, really good! Be proud!

Today is my one year surgiversary and I feel so much better than I ever did before. I am 2lbs from goal and 7lbs from my stretch goal.

Here are a few pics of my journey:

Before

post-161802-0-21910000-1392950331_thumb.jpg

During

post-161802-0-92736400-1392950402_thumb.jpg

Now

post-161802-0-42984900-1392950449_thumb.jpg

post-161802-0-88840600-1392950541_thumb.jpg

Congrats all Feb sleevers! We rocked it!

Yesterday was my surgery anniversary and I'm down 120lbs. I haven't been this light since high school.

My surgiversary was Feb 12th. I am down 97lbs. Don't even care about that extra 3 lbs. Wanted 100 lbs by one year but who cares! I look great, I feel great. I can't wait to thank my surgeon once again. Here are my before and after photo's.

Congrats to all my co-Febuary sleevers!

post-139130-0-71487300-1392955827_thumb.jpg

post-139130-0-49258700-1392956155_thumb.jpg