Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I was sleeved 2/12 and my lower right side still bothers me a lot. I have a horrible bruise on the incision and I feel that even looking at it hurts. I dont go out except for my doctor follow ups. Right now' date=' I just want to go back to my healthy self more than lose weight. I really hope that this part is over soon :([/quote']

If you dont think things are good definetly check out with your dr. Have you already went for a follow up

Sleeved 2/19 and made it past the first two weeks with virtually no pain other than wicked gas pains. I have moved onto to soft foods but I am having a heck of a time getting in 3 oz of Protein. Who would have thought that? I used to eat my entire meal in 15-20 minutes. Anyone else having a problem getting food down? I am chewing thoroughly but it still takes me forever.

Surgery on 19 February just went for my three week check up down 54 pounds between my preop diet and the surgery I get to start puréed tonight. Hope it goes well little nervous.

How many calories are you striving to eat per day?

I thought I was supposed to consume 1200? Am I way off?

My doc wants me up to that as soon as possible, but I hear others that only maintain 800 for the long run... Every doc is so different.

Need advice! Today marks 2 weeks post op. I lost about 7 lbs in the 1st week but nothing at all in the 2nd week. The 7 lbs were more like 10 days worth... What am I doing wrong? I have never heard of a stall this early on! Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I was sleeved 2/12. The first week I lost 12 lbs. then 4 lbs, then 3 lbs., and this week, 0. I wouldnt worry. Although my weightloss is slowing down, that is 20 lbs in one month!

Hi

I had surgery 3/4. Since surgery I have been tracking everything MYFITNESSPAL app. I love it and would like to have friends in there I could get ideas from. Once you friend someone you can see what they have eaten that day. I have started to add solid foods back slowly. eggs, canned tuna, Grilled fish and over cooked veggies came first now adding grilled chicken, less cooked veggies etc.

I could use some ideas on whats next and would love to have some of you as friends there to see what everyone else is doing.

Tlhendley is my user name if anyone else is using it lets connect!

My nutritionist said somewhere around 600 calories for the first couple of months--not that it's necessarily a goal, but she said that's where most people end up by the time they get in their Protein etc. I'm doing more like 600 to 800 or my blood sugar gets too low and I can't concentrate on work. I am also walking though and will be ramping up to more exercise at the gym this week, so she said that was fine.

Had my two week post-op followup. By their scale, I'm down 27lbs in the past month (we didn't have a liquid only pre-op diet, just small tv dinner size portions under 400 cal, which I think I lost 12 of those pounds on). I'm thrilled!

He advanced my diet to the next stage of soft/puree. He said for the next month, I can eat anything, but it absolutely has to be applesauce consistency. My husband took me to Bob Evans, where he ordered the all you can eat chocolate chip pancakes, 2 sausage patties, 2 eggs, and hash browns loaded with cheese, bacon, chives, and sour cream.

I ordered one fried egg, one turkey sausage, and it came with home fries and cherry bread. He ate the cherry bread and home fries. I slowly ate half my egg and 2 bites of the sausage, chewed to the applesauce consistency. Stuffed. I feel like I either ate too much or ate too quickly. It was delicious, but on my last bite I got a tiny pain tingle in my chest, and then felt like food is all the way up to my throat.

I wish I could tell to stop before that point.

Sent from my EVO using VST

Had my two week post-op followup. By their scale' date=' I'm down 27lbs in the past month (we didn't have a liquid only pre-op diet, just small tv dinner size portions under 400 cal, which I think I lost 12 of those pounds on). I'm thrilled!

He advanced my diet to the next stage of soft/puree. He said for the next month, I can eat anything, but it absolutely has to be applesauce consistency. My husband took me to Bob Evans, where he ordered the all you can eat chocolate chip pancakes, 2 sausage patties, 2 eggs, and hash browns loaded with cheese, bacon, chives, and sour cream.

I ordered one fried egg, one turkey sausage, and it came with home fries and cherry bread. He ate the cherry bread and home fries. I slowly ate half my egg and 2 bites of the sausage, chewed to the applesauce consistency. Stuffed. I feel like I either ate too much or ate too quickly. It was delicious, but on my last bite I got a tiny pain tingle in my chest, and then felt like food is all the way up to my throat.

I wish I could tell to stop before that point.

Sent from my EVO using VST[/quote']

I went for my 2 week yesterday, and was PRAYING my doc would advance me to puréed stage--but no luck! I have one more week! But- down 38 lbs (including pre-op), so I'm trying to let that motivated me.

Oh man! I feel bad for you, Sara! But also - you've lost a TON so far!!! Way to go!

I started my Protein and Vitamin stage today. Phase 2...also inclused strained creamed Soups. I made my Cream of chicken with Lemon powder, so it would taste like I was eating Lemon Rice Soup minus the Rice and Chicken. :-)

I had a Protein Shake this morning that didn't sit well with me. I will try again tomorrow. If that doesn't work then a case of Isopure it is. I know my tummy will tolerate that. I have to get my protein in somehow. I ordered Unjury so my shipment will be here tomorrow. That way I know that I can use the unflavored in my soup. That along with Isopure should get me close to 60 grams, right?

I had a Protein Shake this morning that didn't sit well with me. I will try again tomorrow. If that doesn't work then a case of Isopure it is. I know my tummy will tolerate that. I have to get my Protein in somehow. I ordered Unjury so my shipment will be here tomorrow. That way I know that I can use the unflavored in my Soup. That along with Isopure should get me close to 60 grams, right?

I had to write down the grams of protein whenever I drank any...and do the math! Doing more danged math these days. Some people have temporary lactose intolerance, so I like your idea of mixing the powder in something you know is okay with your tummy. Mixing into Crystal Light might be another idea.

I had to write down the grams of Protein whenever I drank any...and do the math! Doing more danged math these days. Some people have temporary lactose intolerance, so I like your idea of mixing the powder in something you know is okay with your tummy. Mixing into Crystal Light might be another idea.

Are you saying mix the Unflavored into Crystal Light? What about diluted juice? I'm afraid it won't mix well in the colder Water or juice. Hmmmm...possibly, I could make the crystal light in room temperature and refrigerate. What a light bulb moment! LOL

Are you saying mix the Unflavored into Crystal Light? What about diluted juice? I'm afraid it won't mix well in the colder Water or juice. Hmmmm...possibly' date=' I could make the crystal light in room temperature and refrigerate. What a light bulb moment! LOL[/quote']

Unflavored powder with water and crystal light have been my saving grace. I prefer the bottles like this so I can control how sweet it is. (Just make sure you mix the water and powder before you add flavoring- or else mine clumped).

post-47682-13813663825083_thumb.jpg