Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

Thought we could all convene here after our Feb sx so we could stay in touch....

Sounds good to me! I'm in:)

I was sleeved on Feb 4th. I actually feel great; most of the pain is gone, mostly pressure now. No nausea. Had a post-op appointment on Friday and they were pleased. I have been given permission to do light training on my elliptical and I did 35 minutes today.

The real bummer is I am tired of drinking my food and I cannot seem to put down as much Protein and liquid as the doc and nut would like. Overall, I think it gets better once we get to real food.< /p>

Hi all, I was sleeved on Feb 5. One week out and I have lost almost 10lbs since the surgery. It has been difficult to get all the liquids in! Sip, sip ,sip! Was able to get down a Protein Shake yesterday! Wahoo! Water has been hard to drink! Warm liquids work best for me! Going to try to get some walking in, think Zumba is too much right now?

Glad to hear so many of you are doing great. I'm on the countdown, scheduled for 2/21. Getting nervous, excited, scared, and kinda have this disbelief feeling that I'm really doing this.

Going in on 2/14. I'm down 25 lbs from pre-op dieting that started on 1/31.

My goal is to not look at a scale until appointments only. I don't want to get obssessed I worry more about inches than weight. I was sleeved feb 8 even during pre op I didn't weigh myself. Looking at the scale will make me disappointed in myself and I don't need that. :) hugs all. Good luck to the future feb sleevers can't wait to see all you hitting your goals in the next few months.

I was sleeved feb 5. One week out and 15 lbs down with pre op diet included. Still some pain and bored with the liquid diet. I know it will be better when I reach the point of eating actual food. Thankful for the opportunity to have this life changing surgery!

I was sleeved on Feb 4th and I'm doing alright. Still a bit sore in the stomach. I'm not getting in all of the liquids I am supposed to be but I keep trying. So I am not worrying too much about the Protein. I did try to get a shake in but it tasted too sweet and turned my tiny sore tummy. Funny how the shakes I liked before the surgery are no longer palatable. I have trouble even getting in broth so I haven't really tried. Mostly Water Water water. I did find out that Powerade helps me drink more too.

I've gone through a ton of emotions and I find that I feel hungry and daydream about all the things I can't have for a long time.

Technically I can add yogurt, strained cream Soups and pudding. So far I've only been having some pudding now and again. Even the pudding makes my tummy crampy and feel sore. Not sure if that is normal.

Good news is I have dropped at least 15 lbs since surgery day and like 7lbs during the preop diet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using VST

This is a great idea! I was sleeved the 7th... 4 lbs down :) Hunger issues right now, but apparently that will get better with Prilosec... Happy to know that I'll be thin and healthy sooner than not ;)

Hey, I was sleeved 2/5 . Today was the first day I got out of bed without any pain.. I also had a hernia repaired. I do not feel hungry at all and I'm not getting nearly enough Protein or fluids in. But each day its getting better and better. Tomorrow my diet progresses to the puree phase and I go back to work yippie! :)

HW: 298

SW: 293 (1/1/13)

PreSurgeryW: 271 (2/4/13)

CW: 258 (2/12/13)

GW: 160

I tried some of my homemade Tomato Soup today. I was worried about the possibility of heartburn or some sort of discomfort because of the acidity. But so far no issues. I even added some Protein powder to it. Of course it was so small. Probably the equivalent of four regular person bites but took me like 20-30 to finish. Yum.

I ordered some organic cream of chicken Soup from Amazon. It comes in boxes so it should be easy to just pour and warm what I need. I haven't ever had the brand but I can't imagine it would be too bad. No weird ingredients. I can always doctor it or use it in other Soups I can make at home.

I'm definitely happy that the soup is working because the though of having sweet shakes was turning my stomach. Funny enough all the cravings I have been having are all salty or spicy and not like.. Ice cream or candy. Go figure. I was such a sweet addict right before surgery. Now if I want sweet its like my brain goes right to yogurt smoothies, applesauce, or fruit in general.

Sent from my Note 10.1 using VST

Darn I'm 8 days post op and can still only have clear liquids and Protein Drinks. I am so ready for Tomato Soup. And I "used to" love Jello but now since my surgery....yucky!!!

Are any of you guys on this horrible lovenox shots? I have to have them twice daily for seven days to prevent blood clots..... They hurt soooo much :( Not the needle but the medicine.... Ugh!

Are any of you guys on this horrible lovenox shots? I have to have them twice daily for seven days to prevent blood clots..... They hurt soooo much :( Not the needle but the medicine.... Ugh!

I'm not on Lovenox, but I am on a blood thinner shot called Arixtra. I just finally started it tonight because the pharmacy had to order it for me. No one had it because I'm on the max dose. I am the biggest chicken in the entire world, and in the end I could not give myself the shot. I had to ask my mom to give it in my arm for me. Thankfully, it did not hurt, and it didn't burn at all. I am no expert, and I've never had Lovenox, but is possibly burning because you don't let the alcohol dry on the swabbed spot before injecting? I have had shots that do burn going in, and I hate them. At least yours is only seven days. I have to do mine for a month. x[