Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

A month!!! Im so sorry! I've gotten confirmation though, the medicine itself burns for a few minutes when injected. Maybe they can change yours to mine, even if it would sting I rather a shorter course of stingy shots....

A month!!! Im so sorry! I've gotten confirmation though, the medicine itself burns for a few minutes when injected. Maybe they can change yours to mine, even if it would sting I rather a shorter course of stingy shots....

Lol. I'm the opposite. I think I'd rather a month of painless, than a week of stinging twice a day. I forgot to mention, mine are only once a day. Also, the duration probably has more to do with my increased health risks. Either way, it's no fun for either one of us! The irony is, one of the reasons I decided to have surgery was that I was terrified of becoming diabetic and having to give myself shots every day. :rolleyes:

A month!!! Im so sorry! I've gotten confirmation though' date=' the medicine itself burns for a few minutes when injected. Maybe they can change yours to mine, even if it would sting I rather a shorter course of stingy shots....[/quote']

I was sleeved 02/08/13 and have to take Enoxaparin shots once a day. Yes the Medicine does sting:(

Hi guys I was sleeved on the 8th n I'm doing just great. Everyone is shocked I say about the weight loss. Only 5 people know I had surgery my 2 children , husband n 2 cousins who r also my BFF.I love the sleeve it gives u time to lose weight at a good pace it's steady n not so drastic. U control the weight loss. I'm at stage 3 n eating is just getting good . I found some incredible vegan kale chips at GNC n they r great. It's so good for u n it helps with everything u guys should really give them a try. My pre op weight was 240 I'm down to 210.

Are any of you guys on this horrible lovenox shots? I have to have them twice daily for seven days to prevent blood clots..... They hurt soooo much :( Not the needle but the medicine.... Ugh!

Yep absolutely hate them. Going to ask the dr if I can get off them early. He wants me on them for more than 2 weeks but I can't go back to work with them in my system at all. They leave me dizzy, disoriented and lightheaded for hours after the injection. Whenever I have to stand, I've got wait before and after just to make sure I don't fall over because it's messing w/ my equilibrium. I got out of bed 10-15 minutes ago, just being in a sitting up position is disorienting.

My recovery has not been smooth. It occurs to me that I'm not being fair because it has only been a week, but I'm desperate to feel like myself again. I'm completely run down.

My recovery has not been smooth. It occurs to me that I'm not being fair because it has only been a week, but I'm desperate to feel like myself again. I'm completely run down.

Hang in there. I'm only 9 days out and the first week is tough. Day 4 and 5 especially bad. 6 and 7 were o.k. but I felt my sleeve get sore no matter what I was trying to drink (except water). But 8 and 9 are going much better. I can already take bigger drinks of Water or Powerade and I am starting to be able to tolerate Tomato Soup since my whey powders make me feel gag they are so sweet.

It gets better!

I know what you are talking about though. I keep telling my husband "I can't wait until everything is healed up" and this morning when I woke up I had a very similar thought to yours "Ah, another day of sore tummy after trying to eat.. uncomfortable pressure.. and being hungry mentally and everywhere physically except my stomach." It seems bad now but I know just looking back at the progress I've already made that it will only get better!

Ok. So I am a little scared. I can drink whatever I want want with no or very little discomfort. Soups are easy and don't bother me. I am a week out and yesterday cheated with my liquids by having some crackers. I am worried that I am doing to well and something is wrong. Maybe it is just nothing but I listen to everyone else and the issues and think that I might be missing something. I get a little heartburn but I can't complain one bit. I see my doc tomorrow for a follow up. I am supposed to be on liquids for 2 weeks then purée for 2 weeks and then soft for 2 weeks. I am scared that since nothing is bothering me that I am going to lose control move too fast and hurt something. Sorry for rambling. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Ok. So I am a little scared. I can drink whatever I want want with no or very little discomfort. Soups are easy and don't bother me. I am a week out and yesterday cheated with my liquids by having some crackers. I am worried that I am doing to well and something is wrong. Maybe it is just nothing but I listen to everyone else and the issues and think that I might be missing something. I get a little heartburn but I can't complain one bit. I see my doc tomorrow for a follow up. I am supposed to be on liquids for 2 weeks then purée for 2 weeks and then soft for 2 weeks. I am scared that since nothing is bothering me that I am going to lose control move too fast and hurt something. Sorry for rambling. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hey Jeff, first glad you made it thru with surgery with no complications. Second of all everyone body processes differently so don't think you are doing wrong. But I would contiune to following the protocols your doctor put in place, NO MORE CRACKERS.....( i heard my moms voice oh no....sorry back on topic). I wouldn't worry about getting off track, part of this journey is mental as well. With that said you just need to change the way you think and do. No it won't be easy, change is never easy whether good bad or indifference. Take it one day at a time and don't worry to much about it. Remember your sleeve is just a tool but the real work comes in when you start to make the change mentally. I believe you can do, worry will only make you a bit crazy just take it one step at a time and it will get better and slowly you will change your lifestyle. Be grateful for no complication and enjoy the journey. Remember you are not alone there are gobs of us her for you ok. Praying for you

hi jeff, hope you're doing ok, this really is a mind game at the end of the day. It's totally normal to be scared especially when it seems 'too easy.' It's funny what we call a cheat now. My cheat used to be a pint of ben and jerry's and now i just want to cheat w/ a Protein shake. I'd kill to be on your diet, they've got me on clears for 2 weeks and full liquids for 6, then a month of transitioning to increasingly solid food.

You're doing great!

Yep absolutely hate them. Going to ask the dr if I can get off them early. He wants me on them for more than 2 weeks but I can't go back to work with them in my system at all. They leave me dizzy' date=' disoriented and lightheaded for hours after the injection. Whenever I have to stand, I've got wait before and after just to make sure I don't fall over because it's messing w/ my equilibrium. I got out of bed 10-15 minutes ago, just being in a sitting up position is disorienting.

My recovery has not been smooth. It occurs to me that I'm not being fair because it has only been a week, but I'm desperate to feel like myself again. I'm completely run down.[/quote']

I'm on lovenox twice a day too.. How bad does your stomach look? My gut is COVERED in bright purple bruises and pinholes lol it's getting harder to find new spots to do each time. I'm on full strength aspirin too so maybe that's why I'm bruising excessively but OMG it sucks.

My surgery is scheduled for the 26th also. I start the 2 week pre-op tomorrow. At least my husband won't be home this week' date=' he'll be out of town on business. Can't wait for 2 weeks to pass![/quote']

Lol...I am on 28th and start pre op low carb diet on the 14th...my fiance starts turnaround at the refinery on 18th so it makes cooking easier...good luck

Hi guys! Day 8 has been hard for me. Sharp pain in the belly button area, cant stand up straight without pain. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm on lovenox twice a day too.. How bad does your stomach look? My gut is COVERED in bright purple bruises and pinholes lol it's getting harder to find new spots to do each time. I'm on full strength aspirin too so maybe that's why I'm bruising excessively but OMG it sucks.

Actually my belly is doing ok, they used the DaVinci on me instead of the regular laproscopic procedure. i'm healing up very nicely. Had a little drainage at the dr office from a pocket he left but he thought it looked great. He packed the wound and I'm taking it off tomorrow. The belly has been the least of my troubles.

The bruising may be from the lovanox since it's a blood thinner you can get large bruises from seemingly small injection sites. But um full strength aspirin? I thought that was an NSAID and no nsaids immediately after surgery? I could be wrong. Apparently they have sugar free full strength liquid tylenol that's that pharmacies can order, i think its called APAP 500. It's over the counter.

hihi all. I had my sleeve surgery monday 2-11. im 2 days out. surgery day was fine...but yesterday was horrendous! sooooo much pain and gas...and I walked alot! today is much better. had my barium leak test, got to see my new stomach and no leaks! yaay! they took out my drain....what a creepy feeling. I was so happy to pass gas and have 2 bm's! Im looking forward to not being so uncomfortable! hope everyone is recovering well

Actually my belly is doing ok' date=' they used the DaVinci on me instead of the regular laproscopic procedure. i'm healing up very nicely. Had a little drainage at the dr office from a pocket he left but he thought it looked great. He packed the wound and I'm taking it off tomorrow. The belly has been the least of my troubles.

The bruising may be from the lovanox since it's a blood thinner you can get large bruises from seemingly small injection sites. But um full strength aspirin? I thought that was an NSAID and no nsaids immediately after surgery? I could be wrong. Apparently they have sugar free full strength liquid tylenol that's that pharmacies can order, i think its called APAP 500. It's over the counter.[/quote']

No aspirin ibuprofen or NSAIDs after surgery unless a doc prescribes otherwise. I had a stroke in 2011 at 24 years old I think they're being overly cautious with the lovenox/full strength aspirin combo. I'm supposed to do the shots 2x day for 3 weeks but I'm hoping at my 1 week post op appt tomorrow he'll see how much I'm bruising and discontinue the shots and just leave me on the aspirin.