Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my surgery Date - December bandster

You guys have to check out this thread. I decided to post on it a few days ago to try to ease the worry of the woman who posted it originally. Take a look at the response. This woman is rude and ruthless. I just can't believe someone would be like this...

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=26021

I just wanted to give my fellow December bandsters a heads up in case you encounter her on the site. She could really scare the crap out of you with her "doom and gloom" opinions.

I've been following the drama already. whew, its getting ugly over there. lol.

I've been following the drama already. whew, its getting ugly over there. lol.

I know! It doesn't matter how nice or understanding anyone tries to be with her. She just keeps on goin' -- boy am I glad she is the only one with that kind of attitude that I've met here so far.

I just don't think it was right for her to be scaring that poor girl that asked the question. If that had been me asking, and I had received that response when I first started looking into the band... it would have scared me to death. She is so hostile and judgemental.

I know! It doesn't matter how nice or understanding anyone tries to be with her. She just keeps on goin' -- boy am I glad she is the only one with that kind of attitude that I've met here so far.

I just don't think it was right for her to be scaring that poor girl that asked the question. If that had been me asking, and I had received that response when I first started looking into the band... it would have scared me to death. She is so hostile and judgemental.

Ive really made a point to search out some experienced bandsters, ones that have been banded since the FDA approval in 2001. And so far, the ones I have been able to talk to all love their band and no major complications. I guess the only thing they all say is the PB is not fun, and if you don't follow the band rules, it will happen. So, I've been practicing eating slow and chew chew chew.

I've also talked to some that say they have NEVER PB. So that is good to know.

I know that I have made my decision, and I am giving it a try. I hope it works out for me and I believe it will. No negative talk will make me change my mind, but for others, it might.

I wish I could be a December bandster - tear drop, tear drop - but I'm still waiting on my insurance approval. And I'm sure I won't get that for a few more weeks, so I'll be right behind all you December bandsters.....

Thanks sunshine! Hang in there girl. I know you will get yours soon, and we will all be there to let you know how the whole process plays out. You will have a whole bunch of people here who will be able to answer all the questions you have.

I know I plan on asking a bunch. Who knows better than someone who just had it done? Its nice to know we don't have to go through with this alone. :-)

wow i can not believe that women on the other thread. Beversman you come across as a smart, reasonable and kind woman. While she is rude, sarcastic and angry. Don't let her get to you. If you read her other posts she is always so nasty.

Ladies and gents it is almost december!!!! I am getting soooo excited!! As i see the ticker counting down i'm starting to get nervous.

Hey Beversman - I got sucked into that thread - yikes! I had enough of that! I just don't know why she'd still be on a lapband site when she isn't even banded anymore - oh well it takes all kinds.

So Sunshine call your insurance company! You heard how I started some fire under their butts and got approved in one day. It was driving me crazy waiting to get approved so I called the insurance co. and they said they hadn't received anything - I was like NO WAY! So I call the dr and they told me to just give it a few days - the very next morning dr's office called and said the insurance co had called late yesterday afternoon to say I was approved. I'm proof it doesn't hurt to call. You know I actually had to pick up insurance at my job because hubbys said absolutely NO wls at all. Be persistant find a way.

I am so ready. I am almost done with day three of the diet from hell - ok so its just the pre-op but it still stinks.. I have found the sf Jello is very satisfying. Its not on my list but I figure if I'm still in the 700 range that it should be ok. So I'm not getting my hopes up or anything but I got on the monster this morning and he said I was down 5 lbs. Go figure - 2 days? so this monster in my bathroom has lied to me before so I decided he's not going to be smelling my toes anytime soon. I think I'll hold off weighing myself until I go in for the surgery.

stephc don't you just hate it when the home scale says one thing and the doctors scale says another. And to make it worse the doctor scale usually has me weighing more. =( I can't wait for the day that i am not scared of scales because i know i will be at a healthy weight.

I wont restate what the others have said regurading that post just OMG, I didnt know people could really be that rude on whats supposed to be a supportive caring environment. Lets never let this thread get like like, k? And sunshine please stick around us december bandsters like you enough to give you an almost december bandster membership, anyway we can all help you through the process. Good luck to everyone. I am soooo excited my surgery is next week!!! Well of to another Protein Shake (im gonna pretend this one is dinner at the local all u can eat chinese buffet,lol). have a good night everyone

Julie

Hi everyone, I'm December 11th! Thought I would jump in.

I still can't believe my surgery is in less than two weeks. Even as I type it I have to convince myself?!?! Weird huh. I am currently feeling horrible, some kind of sinus infection/flu-ish type thing. I am mostly concerned that I get healthy before my pre op appointment on Monday. Anyone have any experience with being postponed for illness? I still have till the 11th, but you know we all have to over-stress about something right :)

Looking forward to watching the tickers drop on the other side!!!

:clap2:

Apparently I'm just a little retarded. I had a completely incorrect understanding of what anesthesia actually did. It doesn't help that when I called to register with the anesthesiologist, I was casually expressing my concern to the guy who was taking my information. When I told him I was kind of scared of the anesthesia, he said, quite confidently..."yea". Ok, that was not the response I was looking for from the closest person to an expert I have so far encountered on my journey. Anyway, I watched the lamest, yet highly informative, educational video about going under today. I was so absolutely wrong with what I thought. Even my mother, who is a grand master of pessimism, reassured me today. I just wanted to share. On a sidenote, I have Oxford Freedom Plan and they approved me with no problems at all. I am quite impressed.

Me again --

Beversman - you stinker! :) You almost got me sucked into that debate over there. You handled yourself well, girl. Especially for an unbanded newbie.

I had a hard day, ladies. I'm on my pre-pre-op diet. I've been doing Protein Shakes, Protein Bars and light dinners. Until tonight. I had to cook for my 17month old, and ended up eating 2 plates of his casserole. And 3 Cookies. I had to put the rest of the cookies down the garbage disposal or I'd be sitting here right now eating them. I totally feel like crying. I just drank a bunch of Water, and tomorrow I'm determined to go back to the shakes all day. Friday I start my pre-op diet. I have to lose 15 pounds by the 14th. I swear I need StephC's driver to guide me.

I also found out I have to go out of town for work next week. IN THE MIDDLE OF MY liquid diet. I don't know how that is going to work out. I'm already irritable. Now I have to be away from my baby AND wing it on my own with a bunch of goobers from work? UGH. It's only 3 days, so I should be okay, but still.

GS's posts scared me. I don't want slippage or erosion. I don't want PBing or golfballs in my chest. I just want to be skinny. I also don't want the DS. I heard that people who get the DS have oily stinky poops, they fart all the time and smell like swamp rats. Their poopy has undigested chunks of food in it, or so says my surgeon when he said "You don't need that."

I was about 210 in college. I thought I was so fat. I look back on those pictures now and I WAS A GODDESS! I hate that I allowed myself to believe I was so fat and so worthless. I was 224 right after my son was born. Now I'm 291. WTF happened? (cookies, Nathalie... COOKIES!) I just need to get it together.

I know I'm rambling. I'm sad and lonely tonight. I'm also full. I wanted to take laxatives to get this food out of me, but that's not healthy. I just have to suffer through it. I always feel bad the evening after I've been to therapy. Fixing my head makes me hurt inside. It's a healing hurt, but it's a hurt nonetheless.

Hope you guys are having a good night. And Beversman? Stop fussing with the trolls! :)

Nathalie

Nathalie - LMAO - you are too funny! I never heard such a thing about the DS which btw I have no idea what that stands for - gastric bypass? And calm down - you didn't do anything HORRIBLE so you had a moment of weakness - its ok - and you'll do fine at work - you'll be too busy to even think about food - right? And finally talk to your dr about maybe not being so strict on those three days - whats it gonna hurt. I just ate a rice cake - I felt like I had cheated - good grief! We are human we're gonna mess up but tomorrow is a new day and you did the right thing by getting rid of the Cookies - no more temptation.

hey laphappy - we have the same surgery date! I'm being banded by Dr.Marley in Windber Medical Center. I'm so excited! I am online constantly reading posts - I just can't get enough!

Ariel - why is that the scale is always higher at the doctor? I come home get right on mine and get it to match hers and then the next time I go in its off again?

Angyl - I'm glad you're not scared anymore - its funny but we all have days when a bit of nervousness ... am I doing the right thing comes in ... then we are like oh yeah I can't wait... then its ..what if it doesn't work for me... its been an emotional rollercoaster for me for the past month.

Laphappy - I forgot to tell you I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm sure you'll be healthy by the 11th.

Hi! I am new here. I just sent in my deposit and booked my flights for my Dec 18 lap band surgery with Dr. Ortiz. I am not really scared, more excited than anything...i am sure that will fluctuate. I live on Vancouver Island. I am so excited to be a part of this thread! I really learned a lot from this webiste...thanks to you all! Good luck everyone! I am sure it will be a very worthwhile journey.

Victoria