Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my surgery Date - December bandster

http://store.bariatriceating.com/index.html

Just wanted to make sure all of my December girls knew about this web-site. Excellent prices, and selection for many Protein products! Plus she sends free "gifts" (samples with each purchase).

The Before and After Pics there are also very inspirational. I'm looking at them right now thinking, " I can't wait!"

(sigh)

All of you are great. It feels so good to check in a couple times a day and read all the inspirational things you have to say, not to metion I get a giggle out of some of you. I have been motivated but now I'm actually excited only 7 more days, even with my dh still being "achey" from his he is doing great, already down 10 pounds!.

Is it me or does it seem that the men have a lot more pain than the ladies?

Ok so I need to update my signature and add a ticker thingy, pointers anyone? I don't want to be the boring one in the Dec. group!

Dee

lol @ "no wonder I'm fat." I have that lil voice in my head.

I was looking on that site, beversman, and I totally started to order up a bunch of shit. HAHAH I mean I was clicking and adding to my basket. I realized I AM HUNGRY. So I closed down and I'm munching on some of these soy nuts. SOme of those sugar free things and the Protein things sound really really good. I know exactly where her store is - I used to live in Pompano Beach. I was going to go for Christmas, but it's so close to my surgery date, I'm not sure if I should risk a complication by going out of town. Plus I'm broke.

I have to go and see my vampire today. My final appointment with the surgeon is Tuesday and they want my labs for review. If they say my Iron levels have dropped again (I'm not taking the same kind of iron as before) I am going to be PISSED!

I was my own chocolate fantasy this morning. Driving into work I passed the bakery and remembered some of my "fat bitch throw-down" moments. It was happy and sad at the same time. I started rubbing my belly and telling myself "that's why you are fat!" ahahah

The twit at work apologized for screwing us up. I feel better. I'm leaving at 3 today. Shame, cuz I dind't get here til 10. heh... TGIF!

Dee - I think men have a lower pain tolerance then women - but it is too cool that you are both doing it at the same time.

Nathalie - LMAO - I was my own chocolate fantasy this morning - too funny!

Beversman - I'm checking out that site - thanks hon!

OMG, liquid diet sucks... in my head it does.

My stomach isn't growling, but my brain just wants to chew on something... :hungry:

Boy! me and the brain are going to be fightin' hardcore this weekend!

Damn brain! :) You're NOT hungry!

Husband was banded today. He is doing fine. Minimal pain. Nauseated when he woke up and they gave him tons of drugs and it never came back. Belching like crazy and some trouble peeing.They fixed his umbilical hernia too. He is on Clear Liquids through Sunday then full liquids for 3 weeks and pureed for 2 weeks. Right now all he wants to do is sleep. It was a long day. Got to hospital at 6:15 and left a little before 5pm. Things were held up waiting for him to pee and getting barium swallow results before they would let him drink.

Yay Don! Way to be a trooper! I think there is a recipe forum here. And if not, try the link that beversman provided earlier. There are some shake and soft food recipes on there.

I am struggling tonight. I "cheated" on my diet today. In the strictest sense it's cheating. I had an extra cup of hot chocolate this evening. I also had 1 tsp. of brown sugar splenda. I was having a SWEET TOOTH and I figured it was better to have the extra hot chocolate instead of noshing on the baby's sweetish food. I feel kind of guilty. I know, I'm tripping - ESPECIALLY since the hot chocolate I had today was left over from yesterday's points.

I'm disappointed because I don't think I'm going to lose much by Tuesday. I will be really glad if I'm 12 - 15 pounds down, but I don't think I'm going to make it. I weighed today after work and "gained" 4 pounds. WTF. I drank a ton of Water today, too. My body makes me sick. That's why I'm going to bed right now. I feel defeated, but it could just be fatigue...

5 days until my surgery! (I feel like StephC!) Sweet dreams, all!

Nathalie - you can do it! You've done so good so far!

Beversman - hang in there baby - don't I know it - its the chewing thats playing games with your head but you can do it! Does doc have you on liquids only? Ugh!

DonS - I've heard that you can stick anything in the blender add some liquid to get it to a liquid and go for it. LOL sounds gross but I suppose if your desperate. I made Soup yesterday and froze it in 1/2 cup baggies. I did some with just the broth, some with just the veggies and then the rest as soup - I figured I can puree that at the different stages. I heard any of the Soups through the blender are good. Let us know if you find anything interesting.

beversman - can you chew sugar free gum? That may help with the chewing. I know this sounds gross, but I had a friend who would go on diets, and chew up food, then spit it out. She got the flavor and the chewing, but didn't swallow it. OR you can be a total warrior and just fight through the discomfort. ***HUGS*** I know it's hard.

StephC - thanks for the encouragement. Momma needs it today for real.

DonC - there are some really great ideas in the food forum. I read in there after I made that suggestion. I got some good ideas for post banding.

I am looking for this recipe for reduced fat mashed potatoes. It's actually cauliflower, not potatoes, but once the cheese and onions and whatnot are mixed in, you can't tell the difference. I think I read it in O magazine, but I can't remember. I suck. I have been meaning to try it, but it sounds perfect for when I graduate to soft foods. I hate Cauliflower, but I'm willing to give it a try. When I find the recipe I'll post it.

Going to get my little man up and dressed, then start cleaning. Man, it's going to be a looooooooooong day!

Nathalie

The article is called "Goodbye, Cruel Fat" and it's about tricking the tastebuds to prefer lean, nutritious fare over the rich and calorific. Women who read Oprah sent in culinary secrets for turning a beloved fattening food into a healthy, waist-friendly dish. (Obviously I'm typing verbatim) David L. Katz, MD, rated the nutritional value of 5 of the favorite recipes submitted:

Kate's Cauliflower (Which will be Nat's Cauliflower when I serve it at dinner!)

"Kate's Cauliflower will satisfy the craving for mashed potatoes - and it's healthy. Take a large head of cauliflower, steamed soft. ((Nat's note: I will probably steam it in FF chicken broth to infuse a bit more flavor)) Mash with 1 ounce low fat cream cheese, 1/4 cup low fat sour cream, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and 1 to 2 tablespoons of Smart Balance (a healthy butter-like spread made of vegetable oils). Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste." (submitted by Carol Spradlin of Bellevue, WA)

Katz says: "Thumbs up. One baked potatoe provides about 2 grams of Fiber, 610 milligrams of potassium and 145 calories. For a comparable amount of cooked cauliflower, which has only 35 calories, the fiber is much higher (about 4 grams), as are the Calcium, Vitamin C, and folate. Although the potassium content is lower (about 230 milligrams), Kate's cauliflower gets my vote for guilt free comfort food."

I am going to make this for mushies stage. I'll probably whip it in the food processor instead of mashing it so that it's super creamy. I'm heavy handed with the Condiments, so I will use low fat cream cheese and fat free sour cream. I'll probably add some other herbs and spices in it to make it more savory. Sounds good, doesn't it?? I bet you could even thin it with more chicken stock and make kind of a cauliflower bisque. Unflavored Protein Powder whipped in will really pack a punch, too.

Steph, Yes ALL liquids... for two weeks -- WOW, not easy....:faint:

BUT it is day two and I am a trooper so far... only 12 more to go!

I just stopped typing to go weigh myself... just for kicks... OMG

I've lost 7 lbs!! :omg:

Sure it was probably Water, but that is 7 lbs since Tuesday!! YEAH!!!

I've already had 50+ ounces of water today... so i know im not dehydrated. Kick Ass!

------------------------

Nat - The Califlower potatoes are pretty awesome if your not allowed "white" carbs. They are definitely NOT real potatos... no matter how much you try to spice them up like it. BUT they are pretty darn good. I liked them alot. I did the Atkins diet last year and lost about 50 lbs. I used to eat them all the time with some type of meat... it made my brain happier... like I was still getting some potatos...

hehe... "Might Warrior":fencing: :boxing: :xena_banana:

-------------------------

Off to eat some more soup!!

All of you are great. It feels so good to check in a couple times a day and read all the inspirational things you have to say, not to metion I get a giggle out of some of you. I have been motivated but now I'm actually excited only 7 more days, even with my dh still being "achey" from his he is doing great, already down 10 pounds!.

Is it me or does it seem that the men have a lot more pain than the ladies?

Ok so I need to update my signature and add a ticker thingy, pointers anyone? I don't want to be the boring one in the Dec. group!

Dee

Hey Dee!! Go to this link to learn all about the ticker:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16218

(To get to you signature in general) Just go to "User CP" at the top of your page -- then click on "My Signature"

You can type whatever info in there that you would like us all to know!

Welcome to the December Thread! Jump right in and keep us all in line!

Thank you, I'll try and get my sig updated by Friday. THE BIG DAY!!!

Hubbys doing great, I know we'll be great support for each other.

Dee

Congratulations- I'm so jealous! 12/22 will actually be my first appointment with my surgeon on this wild adventure. I wish I were in your shoes. I hate the wondering, will I be approved, when will my surgery be- on and on.

Don't worry about the holidays- get your shopping done early and consider this your best ever Christmas gift to yourself and your family. If they don't understand now they will when you are healthy again!