Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my surgery Date - December bandster

hey Offerrocker - we have the same band date. There are a couple of us. One of these evenings we will all have to try to get on at the same time and chat. Are you doing the pre-op diet? I totally cheated tonight - it was the Bunco girls night - at my house and I had to put on the spread - I didn't OVER eat but it sure wasn't a frozen dinner!

WTG Nathalie! I wish I hadn't cheated but I have lost at least 6lbs. Your pre-op sounds better then mine - all I get is 2 Protein Shakes and 1 frozen dinner *300 cals.* - I'm determined to do better tomorrow - I can't believe I've only got 4 more days to deal with this and then its BAND TIME!!!

Steph-You are getting so close to your date!!!! I know the pre-op sx but you can get through these next 4 days. Just do the best you can. I think you are doing reat anyway. Glad youhad fun at Bunco. Think about what you would have eaten had you not been mindful. That is what I always try to remember. You go!

Nathalie-I hope you are having fun *socializing*. Sounds like Washington is suiting you well! You are crazysexycool!

offerrocker-best wishes onthe surgery!!! Be sure to check back with us after.

Dee-how lucky that you and your husband can go through this together. you will make a great team.

I am trying to get off this darn thing and go to sleep. Tomorrow is my last clinical before Christmas vacation! yay. Only 4 more days until my pre=op appt.

Hey I'm getting banded in four days.

thanks kay! Did you know I'm getting banded in 4 days?

Dee it is so cool that you and DH are doing it together - I kinda have a feeling my whole family will lose weight after I'm banded (in four days). I'm the cook and I definitely cook what I like to eat so without me to enable them I kinda think they may lose a few pounds too. Not that any of the rest need to lose weight but maybe they'll start eating healthier. My daughters and I always go out to eat when we go to town (yeah I'm 20 minutes any direction from the nearest Walmart) whether it be Breakfast lunch or dinner. So I'm thinking if I can't eat it will we still go? Maybe we will just share... I can't wait to see whats in store for me when I'm banded - btw did I mention I'm getting banded in 4 (FOUR) days - yepper thats right four (4) days!!!!

StephC:

I was just thinking about you and can't remember... how many days before your banding? HA! 4 days - you go girl! I can tell you are all geeked out about it! I have 7 days for mine. One week away. This time next week I will be recouperating in my bigazz hospital bed, preparing for a night of rest and relaxation. YAHOOOOOOOOO!

I got home not too long ago. What a great trip. The guy wasn't as cute as I remembered, but he kept telling me I look like a movie star, and said I look like Princess Leah (what's her real name?). THEN said the girl from the Exorcist. WTF. But it was a nice gift to my ego.

I am so proud for sticking on this diet. On the way home I was so hungry I felt like I was going to eat my shoe. My food was in the bag, but I didn't feel like digging it out. So I am home and still have 3 things to eat before 6pm, which is when I typically try to stop eating.

I got a snitty email from a dork from work. He told me I was wasting his time and that I was frustrating him. If he knew how to do his job, he wouldn't be so frustrated with my repeated requests to fix our accounts. They worked right until he started monkeying around in the administration. dummy

I just fixed food for my boy, and drank crystal light so I wouldn't "sample." I totally feel like I am kicking serious BUTT on this pre diet. I started on the 2nd and I've lost 7 pounds already. I'm going to get on the elliptical tonight to try and burn about 300 calories (or more) after my boy goes to bed.

Has anyone heard from Carol? I saw she posted that she was sore and slurping Jello. For 19 days after my banding I am on the post-op liquids, provided by the surgeon's office. Once I get clearance, I graduate to soft foods for 2 weeks. Then I can eat. I am anxious to get this party started!

Hope you're all doing well!

Nathalie

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that my CT Scan came out fine. It was an "overshadow caused by a vascular bundle" so my surgery is go on 12/12. I am anxious, and scared and very tired of 10 days of only liquids with 4 to go but I MADE IT 100% SO FAR and I am proud of myself. The nutritionist actually told me this is the hardest part. We are going on a trip this weekend so probably won't see ya'al until after my surgery. Good luck to all my fellow Dec bandsters. I will be thinking of you!!!!!!!

Kari

Steph-did you know you are getting banded in 4 days???? Just making sure you are aware.

Nathalie-Princess Leah, huh? Did you have the coffee roll Buns in your hair? Glad you had fun. I can't believe your surgery is only a week away. We are all flying through this month, huh?

Kari-glad to hear your surgery is a go.

I had a great day today. I baked some goodies for a work party and ate NONE! I have been sticking to my program really well and exercising my butt off. I dream to be at least down 20 pounds by my surgery date (only 2.6 more for that) but I would really love to lose 5 or so more to bring me into the 240's. I am working on it girls! I really feel better than I have in a while. Onward and downward!

You are all so positive, this thread is such an inspiration. And you are funny too! I am also kicking butt on the pre diet, over did it today...to few calories and a very active day at work. I am just getting home now, and having a lean cuisine. Trying not to devour it.

Bye for now!

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that my CT Scan came out fine. It was an "overshadow caused by a vascular bundle" so my surgery is go on 12/12. I am anxious, and scared and very tired of 10 days of only liquids with 4 to go but I MADE IT 100% SO FAR and I am proud of myself. The nutritionist actually told me this is the hardest part. We are going on a trip this weekend so probably won't see ya'al until after my surgery. Good luck to all my fellow Dec bandsters. I will be thinking of you!!!!!!!

Kari

im so glad to hear that was all it was... dont you love doctors? they love to freak us out sometimes. Have fun on your trip... your day is almost here!

Hey I'm getting banded in four days.

thanks kay! Did you know I'm getting banded in 4 days?

Dee it is so cool that you and DH are doing it together - I kinda have a feeling my whole family will lose weight after I'm banded (in four days). I'm the cook and I definitely cook what I like to eat so without me to enable them I kinda think they may lose a few pounds too. Not that any of the rest need to lose weight but maybe they'll start eating healthier. My daughters and I always go out to eat when we go to town (yeah I'm 20 minutes any direction from the nearest Walmart) whether it be breakfast lunch or dinner. So I'm thinking if I can't eat it will we still go? Maybe we will just share... I can't wait to see whats in store for me when I'm banded - btw did I mention I'm getting banded in 4 (FOUR) days - yepper thats right four (4) days!!!!

So.... I'm confused. How many days was it until you get banded? :)

You know... you really could be a bit more clear... hehehe

HA! Calm down sweetie. Breathe IN.... OUT..... IN..... OUT (deep breath)

Love you girl! You make me laugh. Your big day is close enough to touch it!

I have GOT to stop stepping on that scale. I have not cheated once on this dumbazz diet and I gained weight yesterday. 1 whole pound! WTF IS THAT ABOUT???! Maybe I didn't drink enough Water. Crap.

KariWI - have a great time on your trip! We'll be thinking about you on Monday. Check in with us when you're feeling up to it!

thininde - Congrats on your successful banding! Were you in the hospital overnight? So glad to hear you're on the road to success. Take it slow, and enjoy your tasty liquids.

Kay - I just love you. You are TOTALLY rockin! I don't have strenth of mind to bake goodies and not at least taste them as I'm cooking. Keep up the good work - and CONGRATS on the 20 pound loss! I wish I had started my weight loss prior to my pre-op diet. Shoulda, woulda, coulda - it doesn't matter anymore, does it?

bandiva - keep up the good work! Don't starve yourself either though! ahaha I did that last week, all day I only ate a bar and some hot chocolate. DUH When I got home I bit the spoon I was eating so hard and fast.

beversman - you're like the glue that keeps us together. How are you doing? Are you doing anything special for your pre-op?

StephC - you still with us? 3 days, girl! THREE DAYS!

Guess I better get dressed for work now. KNOWING I don't wanna go. *sigh*

Nathalie

Hey what the heck? I don't have 4 days till banding - I have

three!!!!

LOL ok I am a terd!

Seriously I love you all! I can't tell you how much it means to me to have such a great group of supporters! We definitely have the best month. :kiss

Kari - I am so happy to hear you had good news and the surgery is back on! Did you know you only have 4 (four) days left!!!

NGAdams - so good to hear from you again - sounds like you are doing great! Linda Blair or Carrie Fisher - both are beautiful ladies so you must also be beautiful. How but those jerks at work! Don't let him bother you. You're doing great with the pre-op I'm so proud of you - all of you! It definitely is hard and if we can just stick to it we will all be the happier for it.

I did ok last night - I ate a bowl of Soup - again not on the list but within the calories. Do you really think it should matter? Oh I bought the Centrum chewables - OMGOODNESS! gag me! I guess I'm going to have to try the Gummy chewables - I know I'm stupid about this Vitamin thing but I was actually sick to my stomach for half an hour after I ate one and had to keep washing it down with Water -

Thininde - how ya feeling hon? You sound good! Do you have a support person with you or winging it solo? I will have someone home with me the first day but then school and work will take them during the day - but thats ok by me.

Kay - 20 pounds! you rock! I haven't exercised at all - you all know I have this stupid broken kneecap - it really ticks me off because even after I have the banding I will be in therapy for a while before I can get very active again.

Carol - where are you?

My doc says its Clear Liquids day one and I think he said by the time I leave the hospital the next day I should be on regular liquids - he said anything I can suck through a straw - thats for 2 weeks - then weeks 3-4 I am on mushies. So thats not so bad - at least I'll have the band to help me then.

Brandy - how's things at home? Everyone ok?

Yeah!!! I'm glue! (Wait....Does that mean I'm tacky?)

hehehe Yeah, I know. Reeeeally bad joke. :-) at least i made myself laugh

Thank you Nathalie!

I don't know what I would do without you girls here. I just keep reading and keep motivating myself. I feel like my own personal cheerleader (and I've got the pigtails to prove it!_

Oh, my family seems to have chilled out after they made me break down the other day. Maybe the fact that they saw how hard they are making all of this finally sunk in... im not holding my breath, but I've brought it up a few time over the past two days, and they seem to have a bit different attitude.

(or at least they aren't expressing it anymore) What a relief!

My family is so freakin' stressful... no WONDER im fat!

Oh wait... it was all the eating that did that... :) CRAP!