Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Hi!

I just saw this thread and am excited to have found a group of Bandsters from December! :clap2:

I was banded 12-11-06 in Delaware at Christiana Hospital. I do have restriction, and I'm currently at 9 cm of fill in an 11 cm VanGuard band. I am looking forward to "meeting" you all!

Well, I had my second fill today. I wish I had done this sooner!!!

I spent the last three months wondering why I couldn't get it together, why I was still eating so much, wondering if I was going to be fat all my life. See, my first fill I supposedly got 2.5 ccs under fluoro. Well, today I had my fill under fluoro the right way. The first fill Dr. didn't use barium or anything!!! Ugh. Then, to top it all off, this doctor pulled out my first fill and said I only had 1.2 cc in there. No freakin' wonder I could eat like a cow again! I've spent months down on myself, thinking I failed when I had half the restriction I was told I had.

I didn't want to get a 2nd fill because I couldn't believe I wasn't restricted at 2.5. Then I started freaking out, worried I had stretched my pouch!

Thank god I listened to everyone and made an appointment for a second fill. I went to a different doctor and she was wonderful (Fillcentersusa.com St. Petersburg location). She did the fluoro with barium, watched as I drank it to see how much restriction I had, and helped me find the right restriction. She said my pouch looked perfect. What a sigh of relief.

I now have total of 1.8 cc and she said if I feel like I'm losing restriction to come back in 4 weeks. You better believe I will! I'm not suffering again.

:(

yeah, i say that you were talking about feeling your port.... i could feel it during sex... i was so concerned that he could too! i asked him and he said no (after of course) next time he probably will feel it because he is conscious of it... i am new to site, surgery was 12/8/06 lost 70 total, 25 before, 50 since surgery

hi

i had my 4th fill last week. my band now is 6cc out of 10 , my doctor told me no more fills.

i am losing weight but very slowly .

the 4th fill is rely make you feel restricted specially at the morning, and the doctor advise me to eat small meal , and when i am hungry i should start the meal with a little hot Soup or drink to open the restriction

Well, I had my second fill today. I wish I had done this sooner!!!

I

I didn't want to get a 2nd fill because I couldn't believe I wasn't restricted at 2.5. Then I started freaking out, worried I had stretched my pouch!

She said my pouch looked perfect. What a sigh of relief.

I now have total of 1.8 cc and she said if I feel like I'm losing restriction to come back in 4 weeks. You better believe I will! I'm not suffering again.

I am so happy for you Maudan! Now you have convinced me that I am tired

of beating myself up too, and I am getting another one.

Hi everyone Just checkig in to say hi...I am due for another fill as well....need to get my act together and get it done! Thanks for the encouragement.

I am excited now that I have finally decided to go ahead and get one too. I am tired of messing around.

Well, I'm glad i've checked back in after so long. I realize after not loosing for awhile that I need the support of this thread for advice and to keep me accountable on many levels. I also need to go back to using calorie counter.

Today was just a lousy day. Hope noone minds if I vent a bit just to get things out of my head before trying to sleep. This past week DH lost his job, which is par for the course as a contract computer geek. I'm not pissed about that, but about his utter lack of effort to find a new one and help out around the house. i made chore lists for each of us today, with mine twice as long, and he still couldn't get to anything much. I just get so frustrated with him and his lack of motivation. Now I am trying to find another job so we don't loose the new house we moved into 2 months ago. End result- I eat. I went to the movies and had a large nacho with extra of that crappy cheese, 1/2 a box of junior mints and 1/2 a large icee. Yesterday it was more chips and dip. The only thing I did good for me today was to walk the dog in a park.

I'm in the same boat about the fill- totally need one. I've got to wait until the school year ends, though. I just can't make any appointments right now.

Well, I'm glad i've checked back in after so long. I realize after not loosing for awhile that I need the support of this thread for advice and to keep me accountable on many levels. I also need to go back to using calorie counter.

Today was just a lousy day. Hope noone minds if I vent a bit just to get things out of my head before trying to sleep. This past week DH lost his job, which is par for the course as a contract computer geek. I'm not pissed about that, but about his utter lack of effort to find a new one and help out around the house. i made chore lists for each of us today, with mine twice as long, and he still couldn't get to anything much. I just get so frustrated with him and his lack of motivation. Now I am trying to find another job so we don't loose the new house we moved into 2 months ago. End result- I eat. I went to the movies and had a large nacho with extra of that crappy cheese, 1/2 a box of junior mints and 1/2 a large icee. Yesterday it was more chips and dip. The only thing I did good for me today was to walk the dog in a park.

I'm in the same boat about the fill- totally need one. I've got to wait until the school year ends, though. I just can't make any appointments right now.

:):grouphug:Siyah, I am so sorry to hear you're feeling down. It's really hard not to eat when we feel emotional. If there is any way you can do some form of exercise, I find it really helps me let off steam. I come out of the gym feeling so much better. There are times though that chocolate seems to be the only answer. I hope your hubby sees your frustration, and gets the ball rolling with helping you and looking for another job. It would seem that anyone good with compuers should have it made these days. I hope so anyway.

Thanks, D. I wish I could say things are better today, but they are not. I just want to curl up, read, nap and listen to the rain. I did look into tennis lessons last night, but then lost the motivation to check them out today. I ordered my first pizza in over 6 months and ate 2.5 slices, followed by a glass of wine an hour later. I was surprised at not liking the pizza, since it used to be a favorite. The wine is good, though. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Well, one thing you should be proud of. We were banded 2 days apart and you have lost 17 more lbs than I have. I exercise all the time, and follow all the rules. You must be doing something right!

I hope things turn around for you soon. (((Siyah)))

I am proud of my loss. I certainly feel a lot better! I haven't lost much in awhile, though, and need to go get a fill mid June when I can get in. I did better with food today. Yesterday I made hummus from scratch and cooked lamb with the fat trimmed off. I portioned it all out and have it for the next few days of meals. I figure will all the hair that's falling out lately, I must be lacking Protein or something. That and I stopped taking the Vitamins. WHoops! So much for months of good habits!