Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Hey everyone. I like the idea of staying here rather than traveling to different posts by months - it's easier to find. Progress is slow but steady. Down 38 lbs. (203) and I am happy with that but want to be down 50 by the start of school in fall. I plan on starting Water aerobics this summer - love that -and continue with weights. I have a good fill right now but am starting to notice that I can actually feel the food "drop" into the stomach sometimes. I wonder if this means I'm getting loose.... It doesn't happen often but I had never felt that before. Maybe I'm starting to read my body better. I am also noticing it more uncomfortable to lay on my port at night. I wonder if this is because i have less fat there than before?? Anyone feel that too?

Welcome Gettin Skinny. I am a returning Dec. Bandster. I have come back for support. Good luck to you

Yes Lucky Girl. THe port has become much more noticeable for me too. I have lost 30 since surgery 12/7/06, but lost 30 before the surgery, So its about 60 all together. I guess when I look at it that way it doesnt sound so bad. But yeah, the port sometime ittitates me if I wear a pair of jeans with a belt also. Oh well, a minimal price to pay for the convenience

NN32

NN32- I know how you feel. A few weeks ago I started getting frustrated because everything I ate hurt so i started eating things that don't like chips and jelly beans... I haven't eaten Protein like i used to. I don't eat much meat - just too much trouble. I don't feel hungry so when I do feel like I need something in my stomach i eat a granola bar or something... there was a few days when i felt nauseous every time I ate a meal so i called my nurse. she said that we sometimes get into a rut and only eat carbs that aren't good because they are easy but we neglect our body without eating the protein. i don't want shakes or smoothies... so i guess this is part of this process. figuring out what works for us. i'm laying off the sweets for now.

I wish I could hep. I'm struggling with it, too. I don't think I'm at the "sweet spot" but I know I get full on smaller amounts. However, I still eat all the crap so I'm working on head issues.

Maurdan,

I hear you about the head crap. I struggle with trying not to eat. SOmetimes at night it is like someone is luring me into the kitchen and then of course you know how the rest of it goes.

Keep up the good work. I little encouragement goes a long way. Remember that you didi this for you and you deserve it, so treat yourself good.

NN32

<p>I can totally relateLucky Girl. When I eat alot of carbs, even stuff you dont think is carbs, but has alot of sugar which break down into more crap, I feel sluggish too. Our bodies have been altered. Try to jazz up the dishes, and actually do a bit of cooking. It will make you feel better that there is something exciting to eat. JUst made oven fried chicken last might. Took the skin off the chicken, Rolled it in Bisquick and a bit of bread crumbs salt and pepper, sprayed it with pam, and baked it till it was crispy. Kind of fun. I'm just making a suggestion to try and make food more interesting and not so mundane. Sometimes it works. Good luck!</p> <p>NN32</p>

No need to be embarrassed. I supposedly have 2.5 in my band (1 fill only) and weight loss is still slow. I know why, it's my own fault. I need to get my head on straight.

Some lose fast, some slower. At least you aren't gaining!

I am excited that I finally dropped 4 lbs this past week. I just have to keep telling myself this is going to be a life long journey, if I want to lose and keep it off. I am glad I learned to enjoy exercising.

Good Job Denise. Keep up the good work. After writing this afternoon, i made my way to the gym for a quick workout. Burned 200 calories in 18 minutes. That was about all I had time for today. Had to grocery shop and pick up kids. Life happens. Have a great night

Good Job Denise. Keep up the good work. After writing this afternoon, i made my way to the gym for a quick workout. Burned 200 calories in 18 minutes. That was about all I had time for today. Had to grocery shop and pick up kids. Life happens. Have a great night

Is there anyway to make it so the Dec. bansters posts are easy to find? I get the email, but I think they should do something like put all the months in order

on a separate place other than the general discussion.

I'd rather they just combine all the december threads. But it's no big deal if they don't. It would just be easier to follow. Do we really need a new thread every month?

Bubble, how long does it take you to jog your mile? I am so excited that I can jog now. But I don't set the treadmill very fast. I have short legs. I was trying to look up how many calories I am burning and it wanted to know how many minutes for a mile. The treadmill I like the best at the gym, doesn't tell calories burned.

I jog, so I set it at 4-4.5MPH. If you go to www.thedailyplate.com and enter your weight FIRST, then go to "fitness" and it will tell you how many calories you ar burning according to your weight and type/speed of exercise. My treadmill doesn't take weight into consideration so I don't depend on those calories burned. I look it up instead.