Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

I never knew there was a band that doesn't get filled.

I still would like to know why my hair is falling out and when it's going to stop!

I am totally sick of handfulls of hair all over the place. Luckily, I have very thick hair, and it's not noticeable.

I had a vertical banded gastroplasty. My stomach is made smaller with cuts and staples and then it is banded at the bottom. Much more invasive surgery (insurance wouldn't cover lap-band...), big scar, longer hospital recovery time, permanent stomach revision - no rerouting like bypass though, and they fixed my hiatal hernia while they had me open so that is good. The band is rigid and can't be adjusted but - even though I would have preferred lap-band - I would do it all over again!

Butt-

That's so funny that you posted that you were fat tonight - i went on and checked my bmi - first time since surgery and was at 29.5 - down from 37!! I told my husband - I'm not obese anymore - just overweight!!! Then I did his bmi too and it was 29.6!! I said we have the same bmi - yeahhhhh!!! Can't wait to get to bmi of less than 25!

42lbs lost since 12/19

I looked at my bmi and I would have to weigh 135 to not be overweight. I weighed 110 in high school, and 135 after I had kids at age 31. I don't know if

135 is even realistic for me at 54 years old. I would probably need a face lift. As I lose weight, I notice I am getting a turkey neck!!

I don't have any goal weight. My big goal is not to have to wear plus sized clothes. I am almost there.

You got it Maurdan. BAnded 12/7/06 by Dr Ferzli in Staten Island, NY. I am doing ok. Including pre operative diet, I have gone from 262 to onederland 195, about 67 lbs, and I just had my 3rd fill today and I am at 2.25 in a 4cc band. I would like to loose quicker but there are always those thing we dont like to give up. I love my wine, but alot of empty calories, switched to gin and diet tonic, still alot of calories. Then some time I get caught with the night time binge. I see alot of people post about mind over matter. Your not kidding.

Nicole

Hey everyone I was banded Dec 26 I have lost 92 lbs it has come off sort of fast, I feel like a new woman. The surgery woes are a NIGHTMARE, I havent had any problems and I am so waiting for the other shoe to drop, it was to easy for me. I am having problems finding other avenues other than eating to keep me from stressing I truly miss the crutch that food gave me, But I donot miss anything else about being over weight. I have stayed active, but depression still slips in with the "you arent worthy stuff" But If I would just call on you guys I could deal with these issues right? So here is my message hope, to look to you Dec bandsters for some problem solvers.

tonijo

Tonijo, you are a true inspiration to us!!! Your positive attitude has helped you so much, and it sounds like you really know yourself. You are doing great and will continue to get better and better inside and out! Yeah for you!

Tonijo, you are a true inspiration to us!!! Your positive attitude has helped you so much, and it sounds like you really know yourself. You are doing great and will continue to get better and better inside and out! Yeah for you!

Hey Bandiva!!!

How are you? Congrats on the awesome weight loss!!!!! You are doing sooooo good!!!!! I have lost 25 pounds so far....

I had no restriction until now, since my 3rd fill. They put 3 cc's in my 4 cc band. I should start losing again.

Keep in touch!!! When are you going to go get your next fill? It would be fun to try to meet up!!!! Come by the lower bmi thread and say hi!!!!!

Talk to you soon!!!! Audree

Hey everyone I was banded Dec 26 I have lost 92 lbs it has come off sort of fast, I feel like a new woman. The surgery woes are a NIGHTMARE, I havent had any problems and I am so waiting for the other shoe to drop, it was to easy for me. I am having problems finding other avenues other than eating to keep me from stressing I truly miss the crutch that food gave me, But I donot miss anything else about being over weight. I have stayed active, but depression still slips in with the "you arent worthy stuff" But If I would just call on you guys I could deal with these issues right? So here is my message hope, to look to you Dec bandsters for some problem solvers.

tonijo

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f109/passing-thin-support-thread-those-approaching-goal-37513/

hello

i was banded in dec 2006 in belgium

i have had very very slow weight loss

and im fed up with the band, as ive had

problems with it going tight by its self

i have been in hospital twice becoz of this

not being able to drink anything, ive had xrays

unfills and all any tips on how i can have faster weight

loss ive lost about 2st in 2 years very slow

i was 17st when i had the OP im 15st 4pounds

pls help, when i went in to hospital

the Dr said my band was placed too

high up do you think this is why i have slow

weight loss and problems with it

thanks

mine

hello

i was banded in dec 2006 in belgium

i have had very very slow weight loss

and im fed up with the band, as ive had

problems with it going tight by its self

i have been in hospital twice becoz of this

not being able to drink anything, ive had xrays

unfills and all any tips on how i can have faster weight

loss ive lost about 2st in 2 years very slow

i was 17st when i had the OP im 15st 4pounds

pls help, when i went in to hospital

the Dr said my band was placed too

high up do you think this is why i have slow

weight loss and problems with it

thanks

mine

To be honest I never put a lot of stock in the comments when another doctor other than your surgeon claims the band was placed too high. Many docs don't do barium swallows anymore if the radiologist is reading the xray because the radiologists too often times will claim the band is too high.

Banding is an easy procedure to do, there is a learning curve but it's still an easy procedure to do.

As far as the band goes, I don't like it. I had the same problems as you with restriction issues. I got sick of it and switched to a sleeve. Do you have any sleeve surgeons where you are? If you can do it with appropriate restriction alone a sleeve is the way to go. If you need malabsorption then bypass.