Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Hi all,

I'm getting my first fill tomorrow morning and am a bit anxious. Anyone already had theirs? I'm not sure what to expect but am beginning to get hungry so I'm sure it's help in that regard. I have tried hard boiled eggs and bread and both have "stuck" in my throat! wouldn't go up or down! what an awful feeling. I just hope that won't happen with any other foods that I'm trying to eat. I still have not attempted red meat and being a meat and potato kind of girl that's been quite an adjustment. I am looking forward to a bite of a really good hamburger (even without the bun) but I decided to wait until I lose my first twenty pounds and then I'll have a portion of red meat as my reward.

I'll let you all know what happens after the fill.

Hey lucky girl, great info on the support group. Was suposed to go tonight to support group, but had classes til late. MAsters Program. Any how, glad to hear about the grazing and restriction, but still not clear about the grams of Protein per day. I could look at my paper work, but ya know how that goes. Glad to hear your doing well.

OK so for the reast of the crew that has been supportive, I am back in the grove today. Took me 4 days to get out of the funk, but I didi about 30 solid minuted of excercise today amd ate pretty good. 2 egg omlette w/cheese for Breakfast, 1 cup coffee. Got motivated and didi 30 min of excercise. Body by Gihad on cable and 8 min Tae Bo. Felt GREAT after. 1/2 turkey cheese lett mayo sand on whoole wheat for lunch, and dinner had some progresso Soup, but did not eat the noodles because of carbs. Today I feel good. Gonna get on the glider for 30min now, study while I'm on there and then a cocktail with my hubby for dessert. I hope this sounds good. If it doesnt tell me why PLEASE!, because I need to know. Otherwise, I hope you all have a great evening and hope to see less of you tomorrow. If your having a bad night, its OK. Stop what you are doing, eating, smoking, snacking, because now it's time for you. YOU ARE WHAT MATTERS! Tomorrow will be brighter.

NN32

GERBERA - you were banded just 2 days before me. i am glad to hear you moved to mushies early too! (i also did it a week sooner) i agree that mushies WERE more satisfying - but no longer... :P regarding your real food story - WOW!!! i can't wait for a half of a meatball to fill me up! overrated you say? hmmmmm... in any case -- CONGRATS to you! that is a HUGE leap forward in the headgame of eating!!!! :D i'm happy for you!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>

<HR align=center width="100%" color=#d1d1e1 noShade SIZE=1></o:p><o:p>IBRAHEM - </o:p>good luck with mushies – and your fill!!! let us know how it goes!

<HR align=center width="100%" color=#d1d1e1 noShade SIZE=1>KAY - i hope i find the same switch you did in regards to that whole "clicking" thing!!!!!!!!!! and wearing cute clothes is NOT a silly motivator! :scared: sounds GREAT!!! goes along with that weight watchers saying: "nothing tastes as good as thin feels!"

thank you for your words of wisdom and if you do figure out that secret, SELL IT TO ME!!!!<o:p> maybe i need to differenciate between head hunger and physical hunger (although the grumbling is NOT in my head!) in any case, thanks again!!!!</o:p><o:p> </o:p>

<HR align=center width="100%" color=#d1d1e1 noShade SIZE=1>

hisnhers - good luck with your fill!!! i COMPLETELY relate to your eating too much! i am eating WELL over a 1/4 cup as well... closer to 1 and 1/2 cups. i have lost about 10lbs. since surgery, but as of the last few days - have been going up by a couple tenths each day - then back down 1/2 lb., ect. it is bouncing all over the place (granted i AM a scale whore - hop on that WAY too much) but still... this is craaaaaaaaazy!! but it is taxing on the spirit to be so psyched to be losing, losing, losing - then BAM! just stops. LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

<HR align=center width="100%" color=#d1d1e1 noShade SIZE=1>to everyone else - have a great night.......

Hey Guys!! if I don't screw it up...I have to report I had a good eating day. I really needed it because I have blown it recently.

Here is what I ate:

shake for b, 2 oz cheese, 3 oz turkey and lettuce in little rolls for l, 4 oz pork chop and 1/3 c chili Beans for dinner, 1/4 cup raw pecans for a snack, I am gonna have a pickle before bed and try to get in the rest of my Water. about 1100-1200 calories is so much better than the 2000+ I ate yesterday. Still no exercise but I worked 2 jobs today, so no time.

Question for everybody, how long do you wait after meals to drink? And do you wait after Snacks too?

Okie : Good job on the meals today.

Lucky: How many grams in eggs? Although I should probabally look on the package...in the morning. Thanks for the info.

Anybody know if the chat room works? I see people in it sometimes but never see any conversations. Not that there is anyone viewing this thread as we speak at 11:08pm. But if any body knows...

Goodnight

hi everyone ...

i finally got my first fill .. first when i entered the doctor office he told me to go with him to the radiology department .

then i entered a room called fluoroscope , their was a big plastic bed which i slept on and above me is small mobile machine that take the picture of my port, then the doctor give me some wight material to swallow and he see me from the next room in a small TV to be sure that the band in the right place & their are no slipping.

then he came with the needle :help: and i was surprised it was a small one:biggrin1: , he told me that they replace the old big needle with new one :D , and i felt nothing no pain or burning or any thing and i was happy.

the fill was 2 cc and now i feel more restriction than before.

but the bad news for me that he told me " be on liquids for 2 more weeks :think " .

thats my first fill story .. see you all in a happy mode :clap2:

Ibrahem...liquids for 2 weeks? What a bummer! Thanks for telling us about your fill though!

NN32--I have the same problem when I try to go to the chat rooms!

Well, I made my first fill appointment today for February 9th. I can't wait!

I feel like I don't have any restriction and I'm so scared I'll gain back what I've lost by slipping into old habits.

hi everyone ...

i finally got my first fill .. first when i entered the doctor office he told me to go with him to the radiology department .

then i entered a room called fluoroscope , their was a big plastic bed which i slept on and above me is small mobile machine that take the picture of my port, then the doctor give me some wight material to swallow and he see me from the next room in a small TV to be sure that the band in the right place & their are no slipping.

then he came with the needle :help: and i was surprised it was a small one:biggrin1: , he told me that they replace the old big needle with new one :D , and i felt nothing no pain or burning or any thing and i was happy.

the fill was 2 cc and now i feel more restriction than before.

but the bad news for me that he told me " be on liquids for 2 more weeks :think " .

thats my first fill story .. see you all in a happy mode :clap2:

Ibrahem: Thanks for sharing your fill story, it sounded really easy and painless. I hope my fill experience is like that. I just had email from a girl that I once worked with who had teh same surgeon as me, she suggested to go back on fluids for about a week after a fill.

I'm going to try a tortilla tonight "Wish me luck". Apart form that, I'm feeling great and can feel a weight loss already this week and it's only Friday. As tempting as it is, I refuse to weigh myself on any other day than Tuesday morning each week. I still enjoying the Mushies, however can't eat anywhere as much when eating mushies. I suspect at this rate I might not need a fill in 2 weeks, if I'm only managing about a cup odf food max. Someone mentioned we are only supposed to be having about 1/4 cup is this correct?? can anyone let me know??

CHEERS to all, I'll check in later over the weekend and find out how your all going. Keep up the good work. Happy Healthy Eating :(

Gerbera - my nutrionist says 1/2 cup - as does the doc. The reason being that thats the size of the pouch and right now without the restriction of a fill we can eat more because its going on down into the large part of the stomach. I know I eat more then a half cup but really try to limit myself. Also with the Water - which is why I called the dr about this issue - I found I could guzzle a large glass of Water if I wanted to but they said even tho the water is going right through the port this is not going to be the case after we are filled. That we need to develope new habits and we should start now before we get that kind of restriction.

Every doctor is different and why is the unanswerable question. Like Ibreham staying on liquids another 2 weeks - actually getting a fill while he's still on liquids. Thats way different then my dr, I had liquids 2 weeks, soft foods 2 weeks and regular foods these 2 weeks - he will not do a fill until you are at least 6 weeks out and then when I asked him if I needed to be on liquids before the fill he said no - he said eat Breakfast and then my fill is scheduled for 1pm and he said whatever was in the pouch will be gone by then, and if I understood him correctly I will be able to leave and go have lunch. All that said my point is after reading everyones proceedures I don't think theres an exact right or wrong, although we may think our dr is the best so does everyone else. Just try to obey his orders. Alot of times easier said then done.