Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

I have had a couple people tell me that I have lost too much weight. It really bothers me when I hear that. I'm not sure why, I guess it's because I feel they are saying it to be nice and not because it is a fact.

My $%#^ %^&* weight is starting to creep back-up and my surgery is not for a couple more weeks.

JC

Lol Dibaby about the "don't lose too much weight.."

I heard that SO many times, and it kinda pisses me off- it's my body after all lol....

whatever- I would love to be a barbie doll, but I know that will never happen, so I'll stick to slightly curvy.

I told Matt I was losing weight and he was good enough to say, "I don't what to say about that.." he had enough sense to not make it a big deal. I just told him to be supportive and he said he could do that.

I guess that taking risks is what relationships are about, and probably why I never let myself get into one before.

Give the old flame another chance- like you said, you'll never know if you don't take risks- just don't let him walk all over you or anything. and if you wait for your fitness goals before you date, you'll always be waiting... fitness is now a constant in our lives. We'll always struggle with weight and fitness issues- sorry to say it- but it's just the truth. All we can do is take control of it. Good luck!!!

Yeah I'm gonna give it a shot. I just don't expect anything. Thats the key. Then I'm not disapointed if the same crap happens again. He has what I call the "commitaphobe" complex. But now he keeps on talking about how freeked he is that he's turning 29..*gasp oh noes*..lol. So I'm hoping he's ready to settle down a bit now.

Well I have an old flame sort of come back into my life. Known him for like 3 years. Never met him though and this time I believe thats going to happen. Just too damn curious not to find out. Hopefully this time he's grown up a bit. We'll see...but he's sooo a hot..heheh :mad:

So much for waiting for my fitness goals till I date again..LOL..well at least this one knows exactly what I'm all about so I don't have to worry he's not gonna like me for me. Although he's said the "don't loose too much weight" line..hmm..anyone else gotten this one before? He says he likes his women with some meat on their bones..well I don't think I'll ever be a barbie doll..LOL.

As for the line "Don't lose too much" I know that one very well. I have been friends with someone for 6 years almost 7 years and when we met it was right after my husband and I had split up (we had been together for 9 years) so the intentions was to date him but after 3 years of hanging out offand on I decided I realy REALLY wanst into him enough to be with him. Well he still tries to see me every once in a while and whne I told him that I was doing this surgery he git all butt hurt and sad becuase he says he loves my body the way it is and doesn't want me to lose any weight. Well I told him that I HAD to do this for myself and it didn't matter what he thought..lol. We are still friends..kinda... but I feel differently about himknowing he doesn't back me all the way with this upcoming surgery.

Those people piss me off too! However, I think it is another instance where you have to chalk it up "Oh I wish I could...." on their part.

I had one girl tell me the other day"you didn't do this because of the ex did you?"? ugh, Hell NO! I gained 60 pounds because of him why the hell am I going to make myself feel better because of him.......made me mad

This girl is bigger than I and I know that she has a case of the wish i coulds too!

4 miles in 50 minutes with a pulled hamstring. I cannot express how good it felt to get out there and exercise.

JC

4 miles in 50 minutes with a pulled hamstring. I cannot express how good it felt to get out there and exercise.

JC

Would you ever have imagined a year ago that these words would come out of your mouth? lol

No, I wouldn't. I never thought I would be so angry if I didn't exercise for 3 days either. I felt like a slug until I got out there and I haven't seen any sign of that arm biting dog either! I feel great right now!

(pulled the hamstring showing off the jump boots!) What a nerd.

JC

Hi friends! I disappeared for a few weeks and have missed so much....

JC, how are you doing? ... I haven't had a chance to catch up on the posts, but I thought I saw you were having trouble with your band? Is it restriction level, or more severe? I saw the pictures of you're new toys - can't say I've ever heard of jump boots before now... be careful!

It's been a bit hectic here, and to tell the truth I've been a bit low... I'm up 10 lbs since mid-June. The cruise didn't help... prior to that I couldn't tell you when the last time I had Breakfast, lunch, AND dinner during the course of one day (much less 7)...

My restriction is good (could be a bit better), I just need to stop eating junk! So, I've started keeping a food log and... you might need to sit down for this - working out! The new fitness center in my neighborhood opened a couple of weeks ago. I've been meeting with a trainer 2 times a week and going on the days in between... minimum of 4 times a week.

I've got all the girls in my office on the program with me, starting next week we're going to do a weekly weigh-in and keep a daily track of the calories we eat. They don't know I'm banded, but always comment on how frustrated they are that the weight keeps piling on.

So, I'm hoping we can motivate each other during the process.

HI to everyone! I'm going to take some time to read up on the latest happenings with my fellow singles. More comments later.

Karla

Hey Karla, Glad to see you check-in! I go in for surgery on Sept.5. They will either repair or remove the band.

As for the jump boots you really have to warm-up before showing-off ! Wow the old hamstring is hurting.

I am glad you are working out, I am staking my survival on exercise in case they remove the band. It's 4:30 am and I am getting ready to jump on the stationary!

JC

Hey guys... I haven't been around in a few days... guess I've been feeling VERY stressed out. My kids are away this week at a friend's house and I have been home with my husband and it's been quite strained. Yes, he still has not moved out... I am not sure what he is waiting for. I don't even know if he has been looking for a place, cause he is ALWAYS home. I was out with some friends on Monday night, so that was good, but I was home from 6 p.m. last night and it was so stressful. I think this stress has caused a muscle spasm in my neck and I have not been able to move my neck or shoulders for 2 days... I wish he would move out already. I have noticed that mail (you know, banking mail) has been missing for a few weeks, so I am going to take a 1/2 day from work on Friday and see if I can find anything in the house... when he is home, I can't go near the desk as he starts to freak out... I hate having my life in limbo. I am the type of person who is a planner and I like to have things orderly, and right now, my life is chaos. I am going away this weekend with a friend and her kids and my kids and hopefully I will be able to de-stress, although with 7 kids don't know if that will happen, but at least I will be away from HIM!!!!! That's one thing through our 18 years of marriage that I have always complained about and it's that he is smothering, he's always around... has no friends, doesn't socialize... what a FREAK... I have no idea why I married him... I just wish I had the support of my family for the split. My mother is so angry with me and blaming me for all our troubles and saying I am doing a terrible thing to my kids. Funny, but she split from my father when I was 8 and married a violent drunk a year later... can you say pot calling the kettle black??? Sorry for the ranting....

Yvonne

<p>Hey JC... I see the insomnia is still hounding you... you posted this morning at 4:19 a.m.... have you been able to sleep any better? And how's the hamstring? Your strength and determination is so inspirational. I hope that some day I have the same strength and determination... right now I don't feel like doing anything and have been stress eating... I haven't gained anything, but I'm scared I will start to gain... grrrrrrr</p> <p> </p> <p>Yvonne</p> <p> </p> <p></p>

Yvonne, thanks, I still am amazed that I can be inspirational. The insomnia has been better lately. Someone on another thread suggested a hot tea, it's sleepy time from Celestial Seasonings and it works great!

I got up early this morning in order to workout, I am trying a split workout for the next couple weeks. Stationary Bike in the morning and walking/jogging at night. I try to either bike or kayak on the weekends just to keep the routine from getting to boring.

The hamstring is very tight, but it loosened up enough for me to get a 8mile 30 minute session in this morning. I am shooting for a 15-16 mile 1hour session tomorrow morning.

I haven't been complaining too much about the hunger without fill this go round because this may become my reality for a long time, so I am just trying to adjust.

I was very disappointed with the scale this morning I have jumped up 10 pounds! I hope some of that is muscle, please God let some of it be muscle.

One thing is for sure I am not sitting here feeling sorry for myself. I am determined, committed and very focussed. At least for now! :-)

BTW hope you find some peace in your home life. We all deserve that.

JC

JC did the doc talk to you about replacing the band after you have healed, especially since you are so near goal? Would you even do it?

Yvonne

I'm having a fight with the scale too JC..I don't get it. Really frustrating. I'm working my ass off and its not going down. Argghhh