Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Hey all hope all is well!

JC - I am still praying for you, no matter what you are going to be great!

Chrispygal - You look GREAT! You should be so proud of yourself!

Sugar1 - Welcome, I am going through a divorce myself. Have been seperated originally since 2001 we tried to get bacjk together to work it out one year later but that only lasted 9 months, until I left again. We first got together when I was in high school and he is 7 years older than I am. I had our daughter when I was 17 and we got married when I was 21. We seperated when I was 24. So I myself didn't know anything about dating either, so I knida know where you are coming from. I am 30 now and am actually looking to settle down again, I would love to get married and have more children someday, especially since my baby is almost 13 now :cry. Keep your head up, we are all here for support!

Manatee - I agree with Chrispygal - Meet up for lunch, or after work coffee or drinks. That is light and you can conversate.

As for me - I am HAPPY and NERVOUS! I got a call today that my surgeon had a cancellation and is able to see me on September 4th instead of September 27th to reevaluate me to see if I have lost enough weight to schedule me for the surgery. I started on November 14th at 416 lbs. as of today at the doctors office I am down to 391 lbs. I have to lose at least 10-16 more lbs before September 4th (that is why I am nervous) and then I might have to lose another 15 lbs. before the surgery. :omg:

Thanks April, congrats on the early appointment and the weight loss. I am feeling fine except for this bout of insomnia and of course the annoying little dog attack when I was trying to walk the other night. :-)

JC

Dog attack??? What happened? It wasn't bad was it?

I was out walking on one of the rails to trails. I walked by this couple walking their dogs and the larger retriever looking dog jumped up and chomped down on my arm. I was walking so fast that no one really knew what happened at first. I didn't think the bite broke skin but after I was about fifty yards away I realized I was bleeding. So I turned around and the people had booked it out of there.

It was not as bad as it sounds. I finished my 5 miles.

JC

Thanks Derbygirl, I am still a little embarassed about the billboard sized photo I posted. I will get over it though.

How are you?

JC

Crispy, JC you guys look amazing. Crispy, I too wear a 14/16 on top and 18 on the bottom and you look way smaller than I do... way to go girl! April, thanks for the welcome and congrats on moving up your doc date and the weight loss. You can definitely do it... are you on a liquid diet? I was on Optifast before my WLS and lost 16 lbs in 12 days... what type of diet are you doing?

Yvonne

JC, great pics of you and buddy.... he's so cute, I just love dogs. Love my little Yorkie, she's so funny, makes me laugh so much.

Yvonne

Crispy, JC you guys look amazing. Crispy, I too wear a 14/16 on top and 18 on the bottom and you look way smaller than I do... way to go girl! April, thanks for the welcome and congrats on moving up your doc date and the weight loss. You can definitely do it... are you on a liquid diet? I was on Optifast before my WLS and lost 16 lbs in 12 days... what type of diet are you doing?

Yvonne

Well my surgeon doesn't put us on a pre-op liquid diet...but he puts us on a regular 1200 cal a day diet, unless we struggle with that too much like I did they wanted to put me on Optifast too but through my hopspital it would still cost me $700 for a one month plan. There was no way I could come up with that. So I have been getting advice from others on what they did pre-op. I am starting one on Sunday, since I heard that the first three days or so you feel tired or weak, I figure it's better to do it on my days off of work. (Sun - Tues) My goal is to lose 10-16 lbs by September 3rd :help:

I hope all works out ok.

April, do you like slimfast? I use the chocolate Royale for lunch and I make a shake out of it with ice in a blender and it's yummy and fills me up...I also find that Special K bars keep me pretty full too and they are only 90 calories. I actually look forward to the slimfast for lunch, especially when I put it in a blender. Good luck and stay focused. Don't get discouraged.

Yvonne

April, do you like slimfast? I use the chocolate Royale for lunch and I make a shake out of it with ice in a blender and it's yummy and fills me up...I also find that Special K bars keep me pretty full too and they are only 90 calories. I actually look forward to the slimfast for lunch, especially when I put it in a blender. Good luck and stay focused. Don't get discouraged.

Yvonne

Actually I purchased a case of Kirkland Weightloss chocolate shakes from costco a couple of weeks ago and have only used about 1/2 of them. They are suppossed to be just like a SlimFast calorie for calorie and mineral for mineral. I LOVE them... I tried drinking one for Breakfast every day, then doing one glass of V8 juice in the early afternoon, then one Creamy chicken Soup at Hand in the afternoon. In the evening I would have chicken Breast and veggies but I didn't really lose but I think it was too high in sodium from the Soup. Do you have another example suggesstion for a whole days worth of meals?

Chrispy and JC, you both look fabulous. I don't have any pictures.

I don't have a digital camera or a scanner. I am computer illiterate.

My daughter is pregnant now though, so I have a feeling I will

be getting those things. By the way, she has lost 140 lbs

with the RNY. Before her surgery, she never had periods so losing

all that weight has made a big difference. I hope she is careful

not to gain too much weight during her pregnancy!

If it wasn't for her having GP, I would have never found out about

Lap band. It was at her support group that I came to the realization

that I could actually lose weight if I had the lap band.

WOW Denise822, Double congrats to your daughter!!! I myself want to lose this weight mostly for health but also to one day have more children, which is really difficult and a strain on anyone's body at my weight. My daughter turns 13 on December 30th, so I am really ready to have another child. But I have to get married again first...haha! Well congrats to you too! And I hope you enjoy every moment with your grand-baby when he/she is born.