Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

OK, but I have several bikes if you change your mind. :-)

I have two very good friends that when we all get together it is like a three stooges reunion! Separately we are fine but the combination causes danger. We used to bike ride, mudsling 4 wheel drives, boat, jet ski, camp, fish, if there was an outdoor activity that had the potential to hurt you we did it. Now they are no longer into that kind of stuff. They would rather get together at one of our houses in the air conditioner and talk about what we used to do. I don't mind doing that, but I would like to add a few new stories to the book every now and then.

I chose to focus on biking to get in shape because of the lesser impact on joints while losing weight, I have some recumbent bikes that are very easy on the butt, which allows for longer rides without the massive pain. I then added walking. Once I built up to walking 4 miles I stayed at that distance and started adding speed. Now I jog, I still do 4 miles but I jog most of the distance.

I bought a kayak because my sister and I rented a couple to checkout Calladesi Island. After that trip my arms as well as my abs felt tighter.

JC

JC, Shannon & Derby, thank you guys for (1) making me feel welcome to the thread and (2) for your support. I am sure I will be looking to you guys for continued support. Between you guys and my friends here at home, I am sure I will get through this phase of my life. Right now though, I feel like a loser and like the 25 years with my husband were all a lie since he has told me that our marriage has been s&@t from the beginning... Thank goodness for my 2 wonderful kids who have supported me and have told me that they support and love me. Unfortunately, their relationship with their dad is strained, and of course, I am getting the blame for that from certain family members and from him. I'm just really tired of being shot down and blamed for everything wrong in his life. Anyway, thanks guys and I'll be "talking" to you. By the way, JC, I wish I had the energy you have.... I've just taken up walking 3 miles a few nights a week which started out to be not for me, but for my daughter who is a dancer and was told by her teacher in order for her to move to the next level must lose some weight and the walking was to help her, but I feel better (you are 100% right about exercise) doing it. It feels like an accomplishment. Anyway, gotta start working now...

Yvonne

Sugar , Welcome to our little corner of lap band talk. We are all very friendly and supportive here. You have come to the right place!

JC, Do they know what causes you to slip? this time it was a kidney stone and you were vomiting? Going on liquids for awhile didn't help? I am so sorry to hear this. You are so committed to the band and have done so well. I am glad to hear your doctor is going to try to save your ban

To Edit: Highlight everything you have typed. Click on edit. that brings you to all the smiley faces. Click on edit again, and it will bring you back to the screen where you typed out your reply. Make you changes, then click on save changes. I am pretty sure this is how to do it, but I will go back right now and see if I can edit this, following those steps. There were edit instructions on another thread, and when I follow them, I can edit my post.

I just edited this post, and it worked.

So, a buddy of mine buzzes me and says "I found a date for ya if you want it." Seems someone at his office was asking him if he knew anyone.

I have no clue on what she looks like, what she likes, etc.

I don't know really whether to say yes or not. I'm still not happy with my look, and it hasn't been too long since the divorce was final.

What's a low-pressure blind-"date" idea?

Hey Manatee, I wouldn't do something you do feel ready to do. If you want to go and you want to more up front start quizzing your friend.

Low pressure in my book equals the old saying "there is safety in numbers" Any kind of group type outing is an OK first blind date. She may appreciate it too, gives her a chance to try and figure out if you are someone she feels comfortable being "alone" with.

Just my two cents, I am sure some of the others will have good or better suggestions.

JC

Manatee I say you go for it! What do you have to lose? I say meet up for a drink after work, a lunch date, or something simple like that. Low key and low pressure. You're just meeting up to see if there is anything there. If not, maybe you made a new friend and it was still a night you did not have to sit at home. If there is something there, even better. Give it a shot!

Welcome Yvonne! Glad you found us. :) I'm so sorry to hear about your marriage and that things aren't going well with the separation. I'm sure it will be difficult to get through, but it sounds like you have the support of a loving family and, of course, us!

Denise I'm glad you're enjoying your trip to Arizona!

JC you always amaze me! When do you see the doctor again? I'm pulling for you! :)

So not much to update with me other than that things are going pretty well for me and my man. No big "talk" yet like Leona, but we're doing well. lol

Hey Crispy, thanks for the welcome, I already feel like I made friends on this thread. JC when is your next doc appt? I hope all goes well, keep us posted.

Yvonne

Thanks Denise, I think the whole thing started a few months ago, I believe I was overfilled at that time and it has snowballed from there.

Chrispy, I am not sure how I amaze you, but it feels good that you think that. How are things with you? Are you still coming down to Florida on vacation?

Yvonne, My next appointment is Sept5.

Thank you to everyone for the concern and well wishes! You are all very special!

JC

Ok guys I took some recent pics and thought I'd post them for you. This is down about 58 or so pounds. I say I'd like to lose another 40 and then see how I feel from there. I'm wearing 18's on the bottom and 14/16's on the top and can get into some XL tops.

I'd love to see everyone's pics too if you're willing to share! :)

post-208325-13813135380322_thumb.jpg

post-208325-13813135380503_thumb.jpg

Awww thanks JC. Better, but not awesome. Glad I got my waist back though. lol

I want to see YOUR pics though. Down 130 lbs!! That's amazing!

<p>Damn, that was a gigantic pic. That red flashing light in the southern sky is me freakin blushing! Holy Cow!Next time I will use the preview button</p>