Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

I have been telling myself that for such a long time. I wish

I really could be happy without a man in my life, but the

reality of it is, I still hold out hope for a fulfilling relationship.

BTW, where do you live in Chicago. I grew up there.

I'm actually north of the city in the burbs..near Gurnee

I have been telling myself that for such a long time. I wish

I really could be happy without a man in my life, but the

reality of it is, I still hold out hope for a fulfilling relationship..

Denise - I think we all do that. I keep saying that at this stage in my life I'm too set in my ways to allow someone in my life, and yet I keep hoping that I find a companion with whom I can share my life....

I am perfectly happy without a man in my life, it's just the small little problem of wanting one in my life. lol.

I am perfectly happy without a man in my life, it's just the small little problem of wanting one in my life. lol.

Good one!

Do you think we could resolve this issue by just getting a dog? Think about it, the dog will love you for life, it is always happy to see you, will not argue with you, it will never leave the toilet seat up, and when you need to vent he will just sit and watch you vent without saying a word....as for the sex part...who needs a man when you've got toys? :rolleyes:

Marcar, you're not considering becoming a vegetarian are you! LOL

JC

Nah...what would I do with my canine (pardon the pun) teeth?

Good one!

....as for the sex part...who needs a man when you've got toys? :rolleyes:

It's just not the same. If it were, I think there'd be a lot of lonely men in this world. lol.

Ha! If only. My Sydney (cutest Wheaten Terrier you've ever seen) loves me to death, and never argues with me. :lol: Yet, I long for a man in my life again. I haven't had a 'real' date in so long, I feel like I won't even know how to act anymore. I am being banded on Friday, and I must admit that one thing I am reaaalllyy looking forward to in the upcoming months is getting that male attention which once used to come so freely (and which I completely took for granted). For some reason, fat isn't in vogue this season. :rolleyes: Health? Of course. It's the most important. But the man thing is important too! :whoo:

Good one!

Do you think we could resolve this issue by just getting a dog? Think about it, the dog will love you for life, it is always happy to see you, will not argue with you, it will never leave the toilet seat up, and when you need to vent he will just sit and watch you vent without saying a word....as for the sex part...who needs a man when you've got toys? :rofl:

Hi all... been away for a few days. It was so relaxing not being home cause my husband hasn't left yet. I don't know what he is waiting for, all I know, is it is very uncomfortable with him there... we don't talk unless it has to do with the kids... I did notice that he took his wedding ring off... mine has been off for weeks now. He is home all the time so I don't know if he has actually looked for a place to live yet and the kids are asking me all the time when he is leaving... my answer is the truth, I don't know. I've thought about asking him, but.... question to you guys... we live in his father's house... how do I go about asking him when he is leaving??? It is a sticky situation, but I'm confused and so are my kids... arghhh... I just want this over with and move on ... I have been speaking with a lawyer friend of mine and she said that as soon as he moves out I should immediately get a separation agreement in place which I plan on doing, but HE HAS NOT GONE ANYWHERE YET!!!!! Anyway, we had a great time in Six Flags... I went on 1 of the roller coasters (Batman) and I actually fit in the seats... that was a great feeling that I could do that with my kids... although getting off the ride was not a great feeling... I was so dizzy and had spaghetti legs... oh, well, the experience was great though... now it's time to get the kids ready for school next week. Thank goodness all the running around starts again (more time out of the house). I started walking again with my daughter ... 4 miles a night which is good for me... I am walking again tonight and I feel better when I do it. Now I just need to hop on the eliptical machine that's sitting in my living room gathering dust...

Yvonne

JC sounds like your small weight gain is actually muscle... it must be with all the exercise you are doing...

Yvonne

Hi all... been away for a few days. It was so relaxing not being home cause my husband hasn't left yet. I don't know what he is waiting for, all I know, is it is very uncomfortable with him there... we don't talk unless it has to do with the kids... I did notice that he took his wedding ring off... mine has been off for weeks now. He is home all the time so I don't know if he has actually looked for a place to live yet and the kids are asking me all the time when he is leaving... my answer is the truth, I don't know. I've thought about asking him, but.... question to you guys... we live in his father's house... how do I go about asking him when he is leaving??? It is a sticky situation, but I'm confused and so are my kids... arghhh... I just want this over with and move on ... I have been speaking with a lawyer friend of mine and she said that as soon as he moves out I should immediately get a separation agreement in place which I plan on doing, but HE HAS NOT GONE ANYWHERE YET!!!!! Anyway, we had a great time in Six Flags... I went on 1 of the roller coasters (Batman) and I actually fit in the seats... that was a great feeling that I could do that with my kids... although getting off the ride was not a great feeling... I was so dizzy and had spaghetti legs... oh, well, the experience was great though... now it's time to get the kids ready for school next week. Thank goodness all the running around starts again (more time out of the house). I started walking again with my daughter ... 4 miles a night which is good for me... I am walking again tonight and I feel better when I do it. Now I just need to hop on the eliptical machine that's sitting in my living room gathering dust...

Yvonne

Great job on the walking Sugar! Here's an idea...when you are feeling tired or cramped when he is there just go put on some workout clothes, dust that elliptical machine, put on some headphones that are playing your favorite music and go to town (you know what I mean, get busy on the machine). Then you go go away in your own little world with your music and your soul!!!