Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Chrispy, thanks for the props, but I only made it 80 miles today, I will try harder next time. I did ride with a guy who is originally from Dedham Ma.

Way to go Manatee! It's funny but I have started to notice that most of the men my age are bigger than me now and yet I don't feel comfortable with myself at all. I guess it is sel esteem related.

JC

I almost forgot, I have now gained 10 pounds since being unfilled. I am not sure if I can exercise enough to keep the weight off, if they remove my band.

JC

Hope everyone is enjoying their labor day weekend. I'm sure JC is out there doing some 300 mile jog or bike ride. :rolleyes: lol

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if I look out the window and see JC having taken one giant leap from Florida to Toronto in his new Kangoos.:bounce:

Glad to read that all of you are doing well.

I am house sitting for a week at my daughter's house. She took her laptop so there is no computer over there.

I wish I had someone flocking over to me..........

Thanks everyone! I met this really great guy from Columbia (The Country, not the school...haha) who is pretty hot and has a sexy accent... we had a date on Saturday and clicked a LOT so we having a second date on Thursday... I have never dated in NYC so it should be interesting... Gotta love having everything at your finger tips...

Ok that makes 4 guys in one week- and honestly I am at a loss for words- This has NEVER EVER happened- and I am loving it- I'm not complaining or anything, but its just WEIRD... I've always been the "cute for being fat" girl. So this is just new to me. I hope it continues but I'd really like to just settle with one for a while again!

I realized that I really only liked Matt to have somewhere there... and I want and NEED something more than that. Matt somehow was stupid enough to say "I think you like me more than I like you," and "This just isn't going to work out." Well I wanted to say, "Good because I cheated on you last night with 2 people... and I was gonna break up with your sorry butt anyway" but I just said sarcastically, "Um ok, well that's good, I was gonna do this with you anyway." He was a bit shocked, but its all good...

Alvaro (The Columbian man) is 31, has a PhD in Chemistry, and is not only researching cures for cancer, he is a teacher, and has that latin lover flair... and LOVES classical music! It seems too good to be true right now...

Chrispy- you are right- it takes about 3 months for the true colors to shine... and I didn't want to be tied down with a long-distance thing anyway... this is way better!

Just fake the confidence til you get it!

Appointment moved to Thursday Afternoon. They said it will not be surgery but a "Regular" Appointment? WTF?

My ankle is fine it hurts a bit and it slowed me down to only 4 miles this afternoon. I will try harder tomorrow. Knot in the middle of my back was a factor too.

Marcar, I may need to train a couple more weeks to make a jump like that! LOL

JDisappointedC

I am so happy today. The surgeon went ahead and cleared me for surgery! I thought he was going to make me lose the additional 25 lbs. He originally wanted me to lose 56 lbs or so and when I saw him today I had lost about 30 so he went ahead and gave the paperwork to his medical assistant and she said they will call me when the November surgery calendar opens up (I think it is 4-6 weeks prior to November) to schedule me for surgery. SO I should be hearing from them in the next 3 weeks or so to get a date set, hopefully for November.

I am so excited!!!

I wish I had someone flocking over to me..........

I'm with you Denise... Seems the closest I get is more like a Flock you. LOL

Leona you seem to be on Fire Girl! WTG

Congratulations April!

J twisted ankle knot backed bike wreckin C

Thanks JC, I am happy to finally be able to see the top of the mountain coming in sight.

April, That is great news! You'll be in bandland soon!

JC, sorry to hear about your ankle. I take it you still don't know whether or not you're having your band replaced? That would be maddening to be left

hanging.

Hey Denise, the ankle is much better today. The knot in my back is hurting bad.

I have decided to ask for a barium study before we do anything. If the thing looks normal I will ask them to refill it tomorrow.

JC

Congrats April! :)

JC, good luck tomorrow. Just be careful with the re-fills. I want to make sure you are healthy and safe. That is priority #1.

Manatee, way to go on the pool party! Next step - dating. Do it! You really do look great and I'm sure the ladies will agree.

Leona, I'm glad you haven't missed a beat. I believe we learn some lesson from every relationship and I think it's clear what you have taken from this one. Just be safe, and girl have some fun! You deserve it!

So Mike and I have still been a little rocky. I finally ended up telling him flat out if he didn't start showing some effort, then I was done. Low and behold, I think he heard me. lol. But time will tell and honestly, I've decided to just take my time and slow it down a bit. I've remembered that I'm in control. Speaking of which, he's coming over for dinner so I've gotta run. Hope everyone else is doing well. :)

Ok, so here I am getting old and all for all this dating mess. However, I have been doing some heavy duty thinking and am thinking that when I get to my goal weight, I am going to date and have some fun. I have always wanted a relationship and ,now, I am thinking that I am going to flaunt me around a little and find the one that I really want that wants me! This sounds so silly but for me, it's big! Want to be single a while, would never ever say that! But , now, when the time comes I want to enjoy the new "me!" So excited!

Ashley, I would love to date. I was just telling a friend of mine that I don't even know how to let someone know that I am interested in them. I realized I have no clue how to flirt. We were having lunch and I saw someone I see on my walks who happened to be eating lunch alone. I see him all the time walking on this on this trail with his dog, but I never have the never have the nerve to say anything other than "hi"

The online thing is getting me nowhere.

Chrispy, I think you are extremely mature and wise beyond your years!

JC, I hope your tummy and band are fine. You have been through so much!

Way to go Manatee! I don't think I would ever have the nerve to get in a hot tub with a mixed group in a swim suit.