Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

This is bummed.........just wanted to tell you guys that I switched my name to something more uplifting! Originally I signed up with bummed a year ago and it reminds me of my dark and depressing life when my boyfriend broke it off. So, I decided to change!!

PigsRFlying.......is the new me! It has a double meaning!

1) People always refer to the hard and out of reach by saying "when pigs fly" so I decided to turn that into a positive by stating "pigs r flying."

The weight will go away!

2) Also,the pig in me is flying away! Bye Bye Piggie! lol

Anyhow, just wanted to let you guys know!

PigsRFlying, I love the new name.

JC, I think you may be insane, too. How are you feeling today, by the way? Little sore?

Chrispy, tell us more about these new guys!

I have to somehow lose 20 pounds this month in order to meet my goal. I'm afraid if I don't meet it, I'm going to be depressed. So after a two-week hiatus from the gym, I'm headed back today. Also, I think this gall bladder problem is going to keep me in line. I was eating "around" the band--chocolate, ice cream, bad stuff. But now I'm in severe pain when I eat anything fattening. This could be a blessing. Anyway, wish me luck on the 20 pounds because I'm going to need it.

Derbygirl, my legs feel fine, it's my brain i'm worried about! lol

I take some designer supplements before and after workouts. They help with endurance and recovery.

They come from a serious powerlifter. He has a lot of product that would be helpful for bandsters. I am trying to get him to tweak some products for us I will post more details tomorrow. I am shutting down early tonight have big project to complete in the morning.

JC

Love the new name bummed, uh I mean Pigsrflying. lol. I think it's much better!!!

Derby - good luck with the 20lbs until your goal, but if you don't make it don't be so hard on yourself. You have done so amazing, and it is bound to slow down now and again. You're such an inspiration to me, so no pouting. lol

Not sure what to tell you about the guys other than I have 5 that I'm emaling right now, and 3 of which I'm very interested in. That's huge for me considering I'm usually not interested in someone very much until we meet. These guys seem really nice though, and pretty cute too. One gave me his number last night, so maybe I'll give him a call tonight. I hate being the first to call, but I guess it's just got to be done. I won't meet Mr Right being shy.

So no one else even meeting anyone they're interested in??? Am I the only fool doing online dating??

Chrispy, I've been e-mailing this one guy for a couple of years. We've never met and I've been thinking about meeting him. But as far as meeting new people, I never go out. I hate it. I still feel very self-conscious even though I look so much better than I used to look. In my head, I'm my old size and I think I'm hideous.

I've tried talking to a shrink about it, but I got frustrated because I felt like she didn't understand and was pushing me to do stuff I wasn't ready to do. So I've cancelled my appointments with her for now.

I don't ordinarily push myself to lose so much in one month like I'm doing this month, but this is a goal I made back on New Year's. I feel like it's important to meet it--it will be a milestone if I reach it. Since for the last two weeks I have been totally off-track and eating bad things, I will likely lose a little without really trying.

Not to mention I'm getting a fill on Saturday, which always moves things along.

You know, JC I would have to ask one of my friends. She is very into the whale watching. I think it's like March and September that they are migrating.

I had my last fill at the beginning of June. I don't want another one yet. I am doing good with about 1/2 c of food per meal.

Chrispy, I would like to be doing some online dating. Nothing is happening for me in that department. It's really hard here. Nobody wants to pay for yahoo personals or match.com. They have profiles up, but someone winks or says hi, then you have to pay to email them. Then if you pay but they haven't paid, it means that they can't email back. All the guys on plenty of fish live about 2-4 hours away from here. I think when I get some more of this weigh off, I will break down and pay for yahoo personals, and send out a bunch of messages. Maybe I'll actually get lucky and someone will be curious enough to pay the money to message back.

Hi friends! What do you fun loving singles have planned this weekend?

Manatee, how did the July 4th party go?? Were you comfortable in casual clothes? Maybe your goal for next year will be the speedo?!!!

Tomorrow night I'm going downtown to meet some friends for a birthday celebration of a childhood friend of mine (and fellow bandster). I'll let you know if I danced the night away!

Knowing JC, he's got some wild hair and has decided to complete a triathlon this weekend?!!!! whew! I tire just thinking about it :) Seriously, it's great to see you doing so well. Motivating the rest of us!

Come on friends, report in... we have to keep our thread on the front page of the Support forum.

Karla

I met a really cool lady from Plenty of Fish. I think it's great that even if I haven't met a guy from that site, I have made 2 new women friends. I need more single women friends. It gets so old hanging around my married friends. They can't relate to being single at all.

I drove over to her house which is an hour away from me. She has a really nice place right on the river. We really hit it off.

Ok, so the old truck is in the shop Thursday and I get a call that it is bad and many parts are needed it will not be ready to pickup until next Tuesday. What to do? Catchup on some housework? Straighten up the shop? Finish that pesky barbque grill thin paver project? HMMMMMM?

Then as if a sign from above I read Karla's post a triathalon! Wild Hair! Triathalon. Cool the good news is I already did the cycling and running.

That's it, I am off, headed 120 miles south. I am going to throw my overnight bag and my dive bag in the back of the Mustang drop the top and head to the Shark tooth capitol of the world! Venice Florida.

Thanks Karla, you sure bailed me out of a boring weekend! I will be sure to post pics when I return.

JC

Denise that is so great that you've made a new friend! Female friends are just as important as the male kind! Maybe you two can go out together and hit some places where you might meet some single men. Two women together is almost always a green light invitation! :D

Me, I spent the day at the beach and am getting ready to hop in the shower. Tonight I'm taking my 3 best girlfriends out (all sisters) since their mom is terminally ill and they need to get out and let off some steam. No idea what we're doing yet, but we're going out. lol.

So I spoke with one of my new guys over the phone last night. He seemed very nice, and he called me again this afternoon. I have to tell you, nothing sexier than a man who will call you. lol. I think we're planning on meeting up next week, so wish me luck there.

JC have a GREAT time on your little excursion! :D

And Karla, shake that thang a little for me girlfriend. :)

Manatee, how did the July 4th party go?? Were you comfortable in casual clothes? Maybe your goal for next year will be the speedo?!!!

It was a good time. Kind of a strange group of people, half coworkers and half gym buddies of the host. I hung out for quite a while for the drinking and talking and such. Finally late in the evening almost everyone got into the pool/hot tub, and that's when I made my excuses and headed out.

I actually DID bring a swimsuit, but just couldn't force myself to wear it in public -- especially with the Perfect People there :):D

I am tired of looking for relationships, dealing with shallow women and being shot down. I am tired of doing the work for nothing or very little.

Maybe I should just wait until I am considered "normal" by society's standards.

Any thoughts?